Ditto. Boom! Someone should sticky this!

Thanks again.
    11-11-09 10:14 PM
    question about facebook, can you IM people on facebook, my iphone can!! just wondering if the facebook on the storm 2 can do this???
    11-11-09 11:53 PM
    [QUOTE=gemni73;4059582]here is what I copied and pasted for you...it worked for me when we were doing the update when it first came out. I too have a Mac....hope this helps.
    Facebook missing and Java exception when upgraded from a Mac - SOLVED

1.) Backup your data.
    2.) In the Mac version of the Blackberry Desktop software, click Applications, then Check for Updates.
    3.) Click "Show other versions"
    4.) Select the option labelled "Current Version - Reload" then click Select
    5.) In the next screen, expand the "Reload Options" area and make sure both "Back up and restore device data" and "Back up and restore third-party applications" are unchecked
    6.) Click re-load
    7.) Restore your previous backup
    8.) Re-install third-party applications manually.

This solved both the java error messages and fixed my missing Facebook
    @ Gemni...thanks for the advice. I have a storm. I went through these steps and FB is semi-working now. I too use a Mac. After I took all the steps mentioned above, my FB keep saying it couldn't connect. Finally after several tries it did connect, but it only works in the portrait layout, not landscape. And, I cannot get the keyboard to "hide." Another thing I noticed is that the scrolling is reversed in the FB application. The rest of the applications and software on my phone seem to work fine. Does anyone have ideas on how to fix this?

FB mobile has been rendered pretty much useless since the 5.0 upgrade.
    11-12-09 12:50 PM
    question about facebook, can you IM people on facebook, my iphone can!! just wondering if the facebook on the storm 2 can do this???
    Nope.

10char
    11-12-09 02:12 PM
    Nope.

10char
    so why not????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 06:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD