Just purchased StickyNote - from the same folks who brought us MailMinder.

Figured notes on my homescreen would stop me forgeting things I need to do - as I see them every time I pick my 9700 up.

Seems to work well (have only had it for 8-hours), but have noted some text can get cut off and not appear on homescreen sticky.

Have not noted any memory loss even though it remains in running apps.

Anyone else bought this app or have any comments/views?
    05-22-10 05:19 PM
    i purchased this yesterday for my Storm 2, only .99 cents. it's exactly what i've been waiting for as far as quick little same-day reminders. but i found problems with it: it overrides my Wallpaper Changer app when it asks to select a background wallpaper image. Not sure why this feature is included. I'd rather the note just "stick" to the home screen onto whatever wallpaper is already displayed.

Also, as you mentioned, the icon remains in the running apps/apps switcher even after i've deleted the note and closed the app. clicking on the icon does nothing but freeze the other icons in the apps switcher - can't scroll side-to-side.

i'd like to see the ability to edit and delete the note by clicking directly on it from the home screen it's displayed on. and by doing so, closes the app completely.

anyway, i've emailed the developers with screenshots. have yet to hear back.
    05-22-10 05:39 PM
    Any chance of getting this app WITHOUT going thru Blackberry App World? Thanks.
    05-22-10 09:31 PM
    i purchased this yesterday for my Storm 2, only .99 cents. it's exactly what i've been waiting for as far as quick little same-day reminders. but i found problems with it: it overrides my Wallpaper Changer app when it asks to select a background wallpaper image. Not sure why this feature is included. I'd rather the note just "stick" to the home screen onto whatever wallpaper is already displayed.

Also, as you mentioned, the icon remains in the running apps/apps switcher even after i've deleted the note and closed the app. clicking on the icon does nothing but freeze the other icons in the apps switcher - can't scroll side-to-side.

i'd like to see the ability to edit and delete the note by clicking directly on it from the home screen it's displayed on. and by doing so, closes the app completely.

anyway, i've emailed the developers with screenshots. have yet to hear back.
    +1 on it overriding my wallpaper and possibly adding the ability to edit directly from clicking the note ...I do like the concept of the application and I believe with a few changes it will become one of my faves

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-22-10 09:36 PM
    Any chance of getting this app WITHOUT going thru Blackberry App World? Thanks.
    Its available thru Mobihand, that's where I purchased it, and I believe the CB store as well

05-22-10 09:40 PM
    Its available thru Mobihand, that's where I purchased it, and I believe the CB store as well

I looked in the Mobihand store and also the Crackberry store and could not find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    05-22-10 09:43 PM
    I looked in the Mobihand store and also the Crackberry store and could not find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    i tried posting the link but because im new to CB and have under 10 posts im not allowed to posts links, however, if you go to the CB store under the "App Store" drop down menu click on "New Blackberry Apps" and its about 8 or 9 apps down on the first page. i know it would be much easier if i could just post a link lol...hope this helps
    05-22-10 10:08 PM
    i tried posting the link but because im new to CB and have under 10 posts im not allowed to posts links, however, if you go to the CB store under the "App Store" drop down menu click on "New Blackberry Apps" and its about 8 or 9 apps down on the first page. i know it would be much easier if i could just post a link lol...hope this helps
    Hi LibraMami,

Ok....just went there and did what you said. The app StickyNotes is not showing up under "New Blackberry Apps". Looks like they have removed it. Strange. Thanks for your help.
    05-22-10 10:18 PM
    Try this.... it is listed on Deal of the Day here is the link....

StickyNote (TM) - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Unfortunately there is no free trial.
    05-23-10 04:37 AM
    Hi SJRod55,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately it's not compatible with my Curve 8330 according to the CB store. In BB App World it stated that StickyNote supports all devices. Go figure.....just my luck.
    05-23-10 07:38 AM
    Has anyone had a problem with StickyNote recently? I just purchased the app about a week ago for my Storm 2 and have had nothing but problems. I can't even open it up. I keep getting an error that says:

Error starting
    StickyNote: Error
    loading module
    'StickyNote' VerifyError.

This problem seems to have started right after getting StickyNote. It spread to some other apps that I tried to download too. So much so that I called Verizon and, after trying a lot of other things, they had me do a complete wipe of all my other apps and try StickyNote again. It STILL didn't work and other apps started not working at all for a time. They are now sending me a replacement phone.

I really like the concept of StickyNote, but right now I'm afraid to try it on my replacement phone when it comes. Does anyone else still use this app on their Storm 2 without any problems?
    05-31-10 06:45 AM
    Has anyone had a problem with StickyNote recently? I just purchased the app about a week ago for my Storm 2 and have had nothing but problems. I can't even open it up. I keep getting an error that says:

Error starting
    StickyNote: Error
    loading module
    'StickyNote' VerifyError.

This problem seems to have started right after getting StickyNote. It spread to some other apps that I tried to download too. So much so that I called Verizon and, after trying a lot of other things, they had me do a complete wipe of all my other apps and try StickyNote again. It STILL didn't work and other apps started not working at all for a time. They are now sending me a replacement phone.

I really like the concept of StickyNote, but right now I'm afraid to try it on my replacement phone when it comes. Does anyone else still use this app on their Storm 2 without any problems?
    i still use it on my Storm 2 w/o any problems. just functionality dislikes i listed above.
    05-31-10 11:02 AM
    Thanks for your response beebea! :-)
    05-31-10 12:58 PM
    Verizon replaced my Storm 2 and StickyNotes works now. I really like it! :-)
    06-05-10 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD