For those of you OS7 users that need their Starbucks and have in the past enjoyed the Starbucks Application, send customer service a note. I told Starbucks that I will no longer frequent their stores until an app is made available.

[http://www.starbucks.com/customer-service/contact/online-customer-feedback[/URL]
    09-22-11 06:15 AM
    Haha awesome

We should do the same for EVERY company! 71 million users boycott stores.. You will see LOTS of apps hitting AppWorld

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 08:16 AM
    I believe it keeps you SBux gift cards on there and you can pay directly from the app. I also think on iPhone your able to order your drinks before you get there

09-22-11 08:28 AM
    I seriously hope they leave that muck off the BB platform. I find Starbucks synonymous with apple. They feel like they have something special to offer the planet which nobody else has but they really honestly do not. Being fluent in Kiswahili, a language spoken in East and Central Africa, their name brand of "Chai" tea makes me sick to the stomach. Do they even know WTF the word 'chai' is?
    09-22-11 08:40 AM
    Haven't we been through this exact converstion before? This is one of the first apps that did work on OS 7. It replaces that gift card to a barcode scan on your BB.
    http://mobilecarddownload.starbucks....MobileCard.jad
    09-22-11 08:42 AM
    I seriously hope they leave that muck off the BB platform.
    Please don't speak for me as to what should be on or off the platform. Here's a suggestion for you: if you don't want the app, don't install it.
    09-22-11 08:56 AM
    Please don't speak for me as to what should be on or off the platform. Here's a suggestion for you: if you don't want the app, don't install it.

Don't worry I won't. I was just sharing my feelings. You want it, I don't. Fair enough for you? Either way my post was not directed to any particular person so I'm confused as to why you thought I was directing it to you in particular.
    09-22-11 09:05 AM
    "I find Starbucks synonymous with apple. They feel like they have something special to offer the planet which nobody else has but they really honestly do not"

They sure do a hellofa business regardless of your opinion.
    09-22-11 09:16 AM
    "I find Starbucks synonymous with apple. They feel like they have something special to offer the planet which nobody else has but they really honestly do not"

They sure do a hellofa business regardless of your opinion.

Agreed!

Just cause the masses like something does not mean it is meant for me. Hence my use of Blackberry products. What I would like to see is NFC pick up.
    09-22-11 09:52 AM
    For those of you OS7 users that need their Starbucks and have in the past enjoyed the Starbucks Application, send customer service a note. I told Starbucks that I will no longer frequent their stores until an app is made available.

[http://www.starbucks.com/customer-service/contact/online-customer-feedback[/URL]
    What are you talking about? The Starbucks application works just fine on my 9930.
    09-22-11 11:04 AM
    Hellooo.. Is anyone reading or are we just spouting opinions here. The link is down below. PONDHOCKEY needs to come back and check his posts. No need for a letter.
    09-22-11 11:20 AM
    SwitchBeach, how did you get it installed on your 9930? Doesn't install on my 9900, bbsak doesn't work with OS7 either...

Someone mentioned earlier that it lets you pre-order your drink for pickup on the iPhone, haven't seen this feature with my iPhone, lets you customize your drinks so you can check the nutritional info and all that good stuff, think ordering is something they said will come eventually...
    09-22-11 12:04 PM
    Hellooo.. Is anyone reading or are we just spouting opinions here. The link is down below. PONDHOCKEY needs to come back and check his posts. No need for a letter.
    Sorry but I do have other things going on and can't stay logged on all day. The app is just a simple way to pay for a drink. You open app and wave the screen (which shows a barcode) in front of the IR reader at the counter and it subtracts from your account. Your account reloads at a set dollar amount with a credit card number tied to your account when you have reached a $ amount. Pretty slick way of paying for something instead of card or cash at time of purchase. My 9650 had this app working but I was hesitant to load on OS7 due to the touch screen interface.

My life will go without the app but I'm tired of other platforms getting the attention and not RIM so I've decided to tell the company what I intend to do about it.

One small voice trying to make something happen.
    09-22-11 12:24 PM
    seriously, one of the better, more useful apps on my BB...now, if we can just get Google Wallet/NFC up and running, I won't need to carry a wallet anymore!
    09-22-11 03:03 PM
    Haha awesome

We should do the same for EVERY company! 71 million users boycott stores.. You will see LOTS of apps hitting AppWorld

RIM has already sold 71 million OS 7 devices?
    09-22-11 03:40 PM
    SwitchBeach, how did you get it installed on your 9930? Doesn't install on my 9900, bbsak doesn't work with OS7 either...
    I went here and followed the instructions.

Starbucks Card Mobile App for BlackBerry | Starbucks Coffee Company
    Text GO to 44264.

Someone mentioned earlier that it lets you pre-order your drink for pickup on the iPhone, haven't seen this feature with my iPhone, lets you customize your drinks so you can check the nutritional info and all that good stuff, think ordering is something they said will come eventually...
    Yeah, the BlackBerry app doesn't do this stuff currently.
    Last edited by SwitchBeach; 09-22-11 at 05:52 PM.
    09-22-11 05:48 PM
    Haven't we been through this exact converstion before? This is one of the first apps that did work on OS 7. It replaces that gift card to a barcode scan on your BB.
    http://mobilecarddownload.starbucks....MobileCard.jad
    Perfect!! Thank you, I have been looking for this work around for a while now!

09-22-11 06:17 PM
    I went here and followed the instructions.

Starbucks Card Mobile App for BlackBerry | Starbucks Coffee Company
    Text GO to 44264.

Yeah, the BlackBerry app doesn't do this stuff currently.
    I have tried this procedure in the past and again tonight. I get texted a link but when I follow to Starbucks it returns a message my phone is not supported. You must be lucky or have a nicer 99xx
    09-22-11 10:11 PM
    Try the jad below in my former post. It works just fine
    09-22-11 10:41 PM
    i personally love starbucks app, I'm using it about 3+ months and already got via usps mail 5 or 6 time their gift cards, with each card can buy any one drink any sized. Today i also got but two cards, with one can but drink and with another bagel with any available spread that not bad ha
    09-22-11 11:45 PM
    Try the jad below in my former post. It works just fine
    Thanks! Got the app loaded but seem to be have connection issues. Tried battery pull but still can't connect to Starbuck servers. I'll keep trying. Thanks again.
    09-23-11 11:23 AM
    This only works at Starbucks in the USA right?
    09-23-11 11:47 AM
    SwitchBeach, as PondHockey mentioned it doesn't work for the 9900, glad it works for yours though! In regards to any mobile app being capable of placing a drink order, I haven't found one yet, on any platform.

diffused, your link worked, got it installed and working on my 9900, thanks! Having the same connection issues as PondHockey, but at least it's installed, step in the right direction lol
    09-23-11 11:47 AM
    I have the 9930 try connecting your wifi the using the app it should work.

09-26-11 11:47 PM
    Had coffee today at Dunkin Donuts.
    09-28-11 09:55 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD