Hey everyone,

I looked through the forum to see if there was already an answer to this somewhere, but I couldn't find one so I figured I'd give it a shot on a new thread. Anyway, I'm trying to find a good SSH client for my 8830 that will work with FreeSSHd. I would normally use MidpSSH, but for some reason it won't even connect--it keeps disconnecting me after receiving the host fingerprint. Does anybody have any ideas/resolutions to this problem, or at least a suggestions for a freeware combo of Blackberry client and Windows-based SSH server?

Thanks for your help guys!
    07-14-09 07:44 AM
    Hey everyone,

I looked through the forum to see if there was already an answer to this somewhere, but I couldn't find one so I figured I'd give it a shot on a new thread. Anyway, I'm trying to find a good SSH client for my 8830 that will work with FreeSSHd. I would normally use MidpSSH, but for some reason it won't even connect--it keeps disconnecting me after receiving the host fingerprint. Does anybody have any ideas/resolutions to this problem, or at least a suggestions for a freeware combo of Blackberry client and Windows-based SSH server?

Thanks for your help guys!
    I can't say much for a windows based sshd daemon, but I sure would like to know how to get a good ssh client on my blackberry. I've got half a dozen Unix and Linux boxes that I would love to connect up. I have had no luck getting the MidpSSH to work properly on either a Curve 8830 or a Storm 9530.

ANyone got a good Blackberry ssh client?

If you are looking for a windows ssh server you might try grabbing the cygwin package and running that. I've never tried to use the sshd, but everything else I've used from cygwin works great.

MB
    07-14-09 10:07 AM
    I just installed version 1.7.4 of midpssh. It's not an official release, but it does work on the 8330 and the 9630. I can't post links yet, but if you google 1.7.4 midpss, the first couple links will take you there.
    07-15-09 03:32 AM
    Does not connect with verizon, gets the session error writer: invalid url parameter...Not sure how to fix it, it did work on my storm, but was a nightmare with the touch screen. Did you have to set anything? Allthough we are comparing apples to oranges with different carriers i suppose

I just installed version 1.7.4 of midpssh. It's not an official release, but it does work on the 8330 and the 9630. I can't post links yet, but if you google 1.7.4 midpss, the first couple links will take you there.
    07-26-09 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD