I just tried it and I got the thousands of meters message then a minute later it had me within a few hundred meters of where i'm at right now. And i'm in my basement.
    If the GPS were really working it should get you within 10 meters or less of where you are at. Anything higher is tower triangulation. This is the same issue the 8330m had. Google has to fix this because it is a google issue. Since BBMaps is dead accurate.
    07-21-09 10:57 AM
    I bet you're right - and the people swearing that they're getting gps locks may be on verizon. This seems to only be affecting sprint tours. I've started a thread at google, along with some other people. Google is usually pretty good about bb updates - I am sure we will see an update soon...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL. Been waiting for many months for Google to fix this prob with the 8330m's......I wouldn't be so sure you will see an update soon
    07-21-09 11:11 AM
    Hi Folks!

Thanks for your interest in Poynt.

We have identified the source of the GPS problem on the Tour and will release the fix in our next version.
    If Poynt has discovered whatthe problem is, maybe they should share the solution with Google?
    07-21-09 01:13 PM
    I beg to differ...only because of the overwhelming popularity of the Tour thus far...we'll see.

LOL. Been waiting for many months for Google to fix this prob with the 8330m's......I wouldn't be so sure you will see an update soon
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 05:01 PM
    If the GPS were really working it should get you within 10 meters or less of where you are at. Anything higher is tower triangulation. This is the same issue the 8330m had. Google has to fix this because it is a google issue. Since BBMaps is dead accurate.
    I second that. On my Tour Google Maps puts me within 4 meters of my current position, but my sister's Sprint Tour puts her within 1300 meters and we're standing right next to each other.
    07-21-09 05:14 PM
    Don't take your phone back. Did you go into the settings in poynt and set the mapping option to google maps or bbmaps? i could not get gps to work for poynt until i did this.
    now it works fine.
    07-23-09 03:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD