After some extensive searching about my new blackberry curve 8330m im still stuck.

Firstly, i thought i would just wipe the thing from its previous owner in its entirety and load the new OS posted on crackberry. I did all this without realizing how service books work or that the sprint nav/tv would disappear. I suppose my first question is: Is there a way to reload an entire stock Sprint OS including the nav or is this something that Sprint sends OTA after activation and BIS plan signup?

Second Question/Issue.: Ive added some service books i obtained online so i could use the native broswer. The part im not getting is that im unable to go to mobile.blackberry.com. It give me the page that you would get should you browse to it on a standard browser on your PC.

To reiterate, i do not have BIS and i have an 8330m on Sprint with firmware 4.5.0.138. Thanks for all/any help in advance !
    07-09-09 11:36 PM
    You'll need to add BIS to your plan to get the Sprint service books.

Once you're on BIS go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table press menu and select Register Now and resend your service books and everything should show up.

Sorry, the site is not available at this time! if this link still doesn't work then you might want to check your browser configuration.

Set your Emulation Mode to BlackBerry and check all the checkboxes.

Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by blackngray70; 07-10-09 at 12:46 AM.
    07-10-09 12:43 AM
    I don't know what's up with that site not available link, I posted the BlackBerry mobile homepage link and that showed up on its own.

When I click on it, it takes me to the mobile homepage.

07-10-09 12:50 AM
    I have no intentions of getting BIS. I have the native browser enabled and am able to access the web with it. Emulation mode is on blackberry and checking javascript wont do anything. If its just an issue of blackberry not allowing me on it because of some service book deficiency, ill find my apps elsewhere as it would appear RIM has all the money they could ever want.
    07-10-09 01:07 AM
    Alrighty then.
    07-10-09 01:24 AM
    Anyone have any answers about the first question?
    07-10-09 01:29 AM
    Yes,

Pay for the services you want instead of trying to steal it...

Anyone have any answers about the first question?
    07-10-09 06:24 AM
    Stealing huh? Retaining native apps to the phone is stealing? Ive apparently been thieving my entire life with every phone ive ever purchased! If you've got nothing important to say, move on.
    07-10-09 02:29 PM
    I answered your question, the Sprint service books aren't part of the OS.

If I install the Sprint OS on my VZW Curve the apps, icons, service books etc unique to Sprint will not be on my BB or vice versa.

If you want full functionality you need a BlackBerry data plan.

07-10-09 02:57 PM
    To the OP:

What he said..

AFAIK, Sprint REQUIRES either BIS added to an older plan or an Everything data plan in order to get the full feature set of the curve...

You have neither.... so I am sorry if you didnt follow the blunt logic of my first post

I answered your question, the Sprint service books aren't part of the OS.

If I install the Sprint OS on my VZW Curve the apps, icons, service books etc unique to Sprint will not be on my BB or vice versa.

If you want full functionality you need a BlackBerry data plan.

07-10-09 03:30 PM
    looks like stealing/ changing phones are the only viable options. great job.
    07-14-09 02:10 AM
    If you want help, take it. If not, how about YOU move on.

07-14-09 02:14 AM
    thankyou for your filler comment. Hope you get your posts up! As for me, im out. Palmmm PREHHHHHHH
    07-14-09 02:22 AM
    Palm preh indeed.

So what most of you are saying is that you all think someone should purchase another data plan (BIS) in addition to what he already has, just to be able to get to the BB store to purchase apps?

So he's already paying for a data plan through his service provider, but RIM has locked people out of their own phones in an attempt to get customers to pay them for the privilege of using their own device?
    07-14-09 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD