Hi all.

I have a Tour v4.7.1.40 (P. 4.1.0.40) & Gmaps v3.0.2

As everyone (Sprint, Google, *) is aware..

This device does not function properly with Google Maps.

I have been volunteering on a missing persons search for a couple of weeks and i cannot express how frustrating this is.

Being stuck with BB Maps is nearly useless compared to what G. maps should be.

BB Maps has repeatedly stalled or failed to acquire satellites where a basic (car) garmin (205w) (on battery) right next to it doesn't have an issue.

Additionally the signal strength often reflects ~1/2 of an at&t phone right next to it. Regardless of location. (been @ many+)

"Did you get a new phone?" -> "Yes, why?" -> "Because you sound muffled"

There is also other java apps that should normally work but either (now) require a specific build or will just not work at all.

When on searches sometimes i feel like i have to ration battery life. & (i feel) It is not because i'm excessively hammering @ the keyboard, leaving GPS/Apps on/running etc.

I'm generally not impressed with this device - But it is really the lack of google maps that is driving me over the edge.

I do not feel the problems/opinion(s) i have of the 9630 is specific to the one i have, because i also work with 2 other 9630's.
    Last edited by ipig; 09-07-09 at 08:03 PM.
    09-07-09 07:59 PM
    That's pretty odd. I feel the opposite in regards to BB Maps vs Google Maps. For me, BB Maps was usually dead on (I had an 8830 on Sprint at one time) and Google Maps was usually the one that was WAY off. Sounds like your device is faulty?
    09-07-09 08:03 PM
    Whats the point of your post?
    09-07-09 08:33 PM
    djtarique: is Google Maps functioning on your Tour with Sprint?
    09-07-09 08:37 PM
    It does function with the WELL known glitch that this whole forum is flooded with post concerning the same. A search would reveal about 50 similar post to yours. So I just want to know whats the point of your post when there are 50 of them just like it?
    09-07-09 09:05 PM
    I think post #2 in this thread answers your question.
    09-07-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD