Got my 8530 today and what a disappointment. Has 5.0.0.395. cannot open calendar-"net_rim_bb_docview' not found. Clock-"uncaught exceptionbject already exists. BB messenger-downloaded 5.0.0.57-shows up in app list, no where else to be found. Downloaded Facebook 1.7.0.22-shows up in app list, no where else to be found. Can't open any of the media folders--"net_rim_bb_docview' not found. Took a picture and had to pull battery to stop saving the pic...and battery pull reboot takes 4-5 minutes , and produces a produces the message -Uncaught exception:java.lang.Error

I've tried to reload the os and core apps but the desktop manager doesn't give me the option to replace them, neither does the apploader. Any suggestions. Hoping I don't have to send it back-can't be a week without my BB. Gave my old 8330 to my son. Wish I had kept it. Please help
    02-02-10 10:54 PM
    They aren't crap there is an error of some sort; hopefully it isn't the hardware itself causing the OS firmware to not function correctly.
    Get BBSAK and wipe the device fully
    Reinstall the OS
    Last edited by kevinwska; 02-02-10 at 11:37 PM.
    02-02-10 11:13 PM
    Got my 8530 today and what a disappointment. Has 5.0.0.395. cannot open calendar-"net_rim_bb_docview' not found. Clock-"uncaught exceptionbject already exists. BB messenger-downloaded 5.0.0.57-shows up in app list, no where else to be found. Downloaded Facebook 1.7.0.22-shows up in app list, no where else to be found. Can't open any of the media folders--"net_rim_bb_docview' not found. Took a picture and had to pull battery to stop saving the pic...and battery pull reboot takes 4-5 minutes , and produces a produces the message -Uncaught exception:java.lang.Error

I've tried to reload the os and core apps but the desktop manager doesn't give me the option to replace them, neither does the apploader. Any suggestions. Hoping I don't have to send it back-can't be a week without my BB. Gave my old 8330 to my son. Wish I had kept it. Please help
    If you just got it today, which I'm guessing an upgrade? Take it back to a Sprint store, not a third-party seller. Hopefully they will have a repair section or if not have somebody who can help you get it straightened out. 8530s are really good phones, I love mine. Just have to get your firmware right. Like HOUSE said, wipe the device fully if you know what you're doing. If not then it would be so much easier to take it to the store and let them help you. Remember you have 30 days to change your mind about your phone after you purchase/upgrade.
    02-02-10 11:22 PM
    Haha you're like the third person to call me House
    Don't know why I do, but I laugh at it
    02-02-10 11:38 PM
    Tried wiping with jc_cmdr and reloading os. Same as before. Might try bbsak tomorrow. Or the sprint store. Or throw it against a wall. Very frustrating.
    02-03-10 12:10 AM
    Probably corruption in the hardware then
    02-03-10 12:35 AM
    I would definitely take it back if you just got it. You shouldn't have to do all that work if its fresh out of the box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 12:54 AM
    Packed it up and sent it back. Sure hope the replacement works.
    02-03-10 10:34 AM
    It seems that your BB has been messed with... at least that's the way it sounds to me. Was the box still sealed when you got it?

My 8520 was fresh out of the box and I had not all of the problems you had, but I couldn't find BBM either (running OS4.6). I installed it three times and still it was displayed nowhere.

When I uninstalled it, the whole OS gave out. ("white screen of death") A restore using the DM did the trick and the device has been up and running since then without any glitch whatsoever. Like I am used from BB.

@kevin: well that's what you get from using such a polarizing Avatar picture... still waiting for the first one to call me Curve... *lol*
    02-04-10 01:45 AM
    Brand new box. The 5th BB in the family and the 1st with any problems. I guess I was just due for a bad one. Hopefully will have the new one next week.
    02-04-10 09:27 AM
    Got new 8530. Activated it and restored contacts, calander--no problem. added appworld, bbm and facebook. no problem. played a little-see what it could do. Finally decided to backup on the DM and got update indicator for bbm to 5.0 and coreapps 5.0. so i updated. when phone rebooted i have the same error messages as the last one. This phone was sealed in box from Wirefly. worked fine til that update. is there something in coreapps 5.0 or bbm that could cause the same problem. I deleted the os i downloaded from sprint last time and am re-downloding it it incase it was corrupt. Totally frustrated and a little pissed. got to be something simple. Help
    02-10-10 10:59 PM
    I have yet to see anyone have any issue with the recent upgrade like this either.
    Uninstall any OS files from your computer
    Download and install the newest OS from the sticky at the top of the forum
    I'd probably suggest wiping your Device completely
    Load the new OS
    02-10-10 11:39 PM
    wiped the phone and downloaded the os and core apps, nothing else. same crap. when starts up I get Uncaught Exception: ApplicationRegistry.wait For(ox37566616e5676388) timeout Absolutely enraging
    02-11-10 12:36 AM
    Unfortunately I have the feeling this is something on your end and with your computer.
    02-11-10 12:44 AM
    You may be right. One more try, then to the Sprint store and see if they will download the os for me.
    02-11-10 07:33 AM
    Deleted the os and DM from my pc and reloaded both. wiped the phone and reloaded the os, core apps and everything else. Phone is working now. could be something on my pc, in the os download or the DM. One of life's mysteries. Now to see how I like this phone. Thanks for the advice and assistance.
    02-11-10 10:05 AM
    Yes definitely seems like it was your computer either in the download process, installation, or upload process.
    I'd suggest from now on you uninstall the previous OS from your computer every time you plan to install a new one if you don't do that already.

Glad you got it to work, enjoy your 8530
    02-11-10 10:13 AM
    They aren't crap there is an error of some sort; hopefully it isn't the hardware itself causing the OS firmware to not function correctly.
    Get BBSAK and wipe the device fully
    Reinstall the OS
    I agree with that...
    02-11-10 10:15 AM
    Glad to hear you're in business!
    02-11-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD