Im considering upgrading to a BB curve through verizon wireless, I use thunderbird for email, and open office for all my word processing and spreadsheet needs but from my understanding, Open Office doesn't sync with BB and i cannot afford to buy a legit copy of MS Office to get Outlook, Word and Excel so i can use Docs 2 go.

My question is ... Whats my options around this? how can i sync my docs and spreadsheets with my BB curve without using MS products??? Not too worried bout the e-mail bit but the spreadsheets and documents part is gonna be the deal breaker here.

Any info would be helpful...thanks !

-Tanya
    02-12-09 12:35 AM
    GoogleDocs mobile?
    02-13-09 04:15 PM
    As BB users, we need to stick with DataViz and their Docs 2 Go packages, study and learn them well, and insists that DataViz make their software right. All the other packages are lame. You in particular need to get in the game and spring for a legit copy of MS Office, ugh !

Doctor Neutron
    02-13-09 06:43 PM
    As BB users, we need to stick with DataViz and their Docs 2 Go packages, study and learn them well, and insists that DataViz make their software right. All the other packages are lame. You in particular need to get in the game and spring for a legit copy of MS Office, ugh !

Doctor Neutron
    Ditto. Nothing like Docs2Go.
    02-13-09 06:44 PM
    With open office, aren't you saving the files in the doc and xls format?
    02-14-09 07:13 AM
    Google docs access via your BB in conjunction with D2G will work through gmail.
    02-14-09 07:47 AM
    You in particular need to get in the game and spring for a legit copy of MS Office, ugh !
    Sorry for the newbishness, but why? OpenOffice exports MS Office documents just fine and documents created by OpenOffice can easily be opened and edited with D2G.
    02-14-09 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD