That would be Smrtguard. Can locate lost BB. Or you can locate your spouse. Has a loved one login, so they can keep track when you are on the road.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 12:52 AM
    I tried Latitude for this purpose, but stopped using it right away due to the fact that it doesn't have any auto-start options.

Has anybody found a way around this, to make it start automatically upon reboot?

Some people never reboot their BBs, but it would be nice if Latitude would start up automatically whenever we need to restart.
    08-26-09 09:43 PM
    SmrtGuard ROCKS!!!! It has a tracking service that requires the person be given permission and a seperate password from your account to track you. It can be used for lost/stolen phones too. Backs up all your data and lets you restore it to this or a replacement phone. It lets you tell the phone to make a noise to find if you misplaced it. It lets you tell the phone to call you silently if you believe it has been stolen. And if you need to it can even remotely wipe the device if you don't think you will get it back.
    I LOVED it the whole time I ran it Beta but unfortunately in a situation where I am currently unable to afford it. When I can, you can bet I will have it again! And the guys in support were VERY responsive as well!!
    08-28-09 04:10 PM
    just change the person location setting to always on then use google latitude to track pin. should in theory i don't really have any reason to track anyone. goodluck with that
    08-29-09 03:23 AM
    I just started playing around with Google Latitude but found out in my research that it uses data to transmit your location to the system. They have a warning in the help section (should be on the main page) that states "Continuous location sharing uses a lot of data. An unlimited data plan is strongly recommended before using this feature." Bummer!
    08-29-09 04:17 AM
    Yikes... I hope that this is used constructively (vs maliciously)
    08-29-09 04:23 AM
    I can seriously think of no reason to micro manage another persons location constantly. Traffic my aunt Fanny (I did have an aunt named Fanny) she always said if it quacks like a duck its a duck. Spyware by any other name

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 04:33 AM
    In most cases I would agree. As I have said before 9 out of 10 of these..."I am affraid I am being tracked" posts are people looking to track a suspected cheating spouse. In my case, however, my wife has a HUGE tendancy to leave her phone on vibrate and not hear it when I am calling to find out where she is because she hasn't arrived where she was headed or home for that matter. It usually turns out she stopped by the office or ran an errand for her boss and when you are several hours overdue and haven't called and are not answering, a concerned spouse can be comforted by knowing they are in fact at the office or moving on the freeway yet rather slowly. Another example is I was watching a news report of a horendous freeway accident that had occured on the freeway where my wife would have possibly been, based on her normal routine and she did not answer the phone when I called to make sure it wasn't A) Her or B) Catch her before she got stuck in the back up. However, she did not answer the phone because of the above mentioned tendancy. I spent 2 hours thinking the worst had happened before she rolled up at home and got an earful about making me worry.

Then there is the ability to track your kids! By the way, for those without a BB....ATT offers family mapping that I assume uses the cell towers to locate a phone so parents can ensure their kids are in school when they are supposed to be.
    08-29-09 04:47 AM
    10-08-09 07:26 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD