Blaming Spoofapp for this is like blaming Microsoft Word for someone typing a letter with your name on it...

What a load of crap
    True, its the person who uses it, not the app itself.

Some of us more mature ones can stick to pranking pizza places and calling friends from the 'white house' phone
    04-19-09 05:57 AM
    I just love all these replies. It is such an example of what the world is made up of. All of you (I would imagine) are grown adults and yet you think something like this is "cool". Someone said they would stick to pranking pizza joints...REALLY? This is crazy. The ones that blame me for this happening to me....REALLY? That is exactly why I am taking this as far as I can concerning awareness and advocacy for change in the USES of this technology. I would not expect someone who uses spoofapp to understand, HOWEVER, I am finding plenty of victims of stupid pranks who are all for regulating this. Someone said it was my fault for having friends who would do this. Here you go...I am a public person with a public life and career...more people know me than I know in return. This could be anyone. If you think I'm some obscure person with a trailer park, hanging out at the local bingo hall existence feel free to google me, I'm an open book....google Sugar CEO and you'll get my complete bio. You'll also see that I have not only the means but the drive to never let this go. And that is a guarantee. There is already legislation in place to deal with improper use of spoofapp and 123spoof BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN VICTIMS THAT FAR EXCEEDED WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Additionally, it doesn't take any special computer technology to do this....no one replicated my voice. WHEN YOU CALL FROM A SPOOFED NUMBER IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE THE MESSAGE IS FROM THE SPOOFED NUMBER NOT YOUR ORIGINAL PHONE NUMBER. SO THE ENVELOPE AND VOICE TAG WILL BE THAT OF THE SPOOFED NUMBER. This is some sick, stalker, pathetic, no life, jealous, wanna interfere with a person's joy type of bull that has definitely affected my life in a major way and I am going to get loud about it. You think it's a game? Let me be clear as h*ll. I am not playing. If you use this technology to harm someone I am going to make sure that there is enough education about the potential dangers out there that they will come after you and prosecute you for it. We'll see how fake I am then. Check all the forums for blackberrys and iPhones, check Twitter, check myspace, check everywhere you want because I am serving notice EVERYWHERE....wait for it, it will surely come.
    04-19-09 02:55 PM
    Just remember my name. You're about to see it and hear it alot...spoofapp is a nuisance.
    But what if its not really you? What if you are really someone else spoofing us? How do we know? What is real, and what is not?

I am so confused. What/Who do I believe anymore?

Up is down, left is right. AHHHHHHHHHHH
    04-19-09 03:32 PM
    I just love all these replies. It is such an example of what the world is made up of. All of you (I would imagine) are grown adults and yet you think something like this is "cool". Someone said they would stick to pranking pizza joints...REALLY? This is crazy. The ones that blame me for this happening to me....REALLY? That is exactly why I am taking this as far as I can concerning awareness and advocacy for change in the USES of this technology. I would not expect someone who uses spoofapp to understand, HOWEVER, I am finding plenty of victims of stupid pranks who are all for regulating this. Someone said it was my fault for having friends who would do this. Here you go...I am a public person with a public life and career...more people know me than I know in return. This could be anyone. If you think I'm some obscure person with a trailer park, hanging out at the local bingo hall existence feel free to google me, I'm an open book....google Sugar CEO and you'll get my complete bio. You'll also see that I have not only the means but the drive to never let this go. And that is a guarantee. There is already legislation in place to deal with improper use of spoofapp and 123spoof BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN VICTIMS THAT FAR EXCEEDED WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Additionally, it doesn't take any special computer technology to do this....no one replicated my voice. WHEN YOU CALL FROM A SPOOFED NUMBER IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE THE MESSAGE IS FROM THE SPOOFED NUMBER NOT YOUR ORIGINAL PHONE NUMBER. SO THE ENVELOPE AND VOICE TAG WILL BE THAT OF THE SPOOFED NUMBER. This is some sick, stalker, pathetic, no life, jealous, wanna interfere with a person's joy type of bull that has definitely affected my life in a major way and I am going to get loud about it. You think it's a game? Let me be clear as h*ll. I am not playing. If you use this technology to harm someone I am going to make sure that there is enough education about the potential dangers out there that they will come after you and prosecute you for it. We'll see how fake I am then. Check all the forums for blackberrys and iPhones, check Twitter, check myspace, check everywhere you want because I am serving notice EVERYWHERE....wait for it, it will surely come.
    Loosen up.

I don't think there is anything you can do.

And if for some miraculous reason your plan works out, congratulations, but until then, count to ten and calm down. Try imagining fluffy clouds or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 03:45 PM
    How is that a can of worms? This is really great! I have photos of me all over the internet. Post yourself silly....post my bio, post whatever you want. I WANT this out. Thank you!
    04-19-09 03:47 PM
    I think this is all a marketing ploy.
    04-19-09 03:56 PM
    I think this is all a marketing ploy.

Oh brother...okay, It's been nice chatting with all of you but I have spent enough time here. You have the story, you know who I am, my work is done on this forum. Take care of yourselves.

Nicole Murray
    04-19-09 04:32 PM
    THIS IS NOT COOL and I'm going to do whatever I can to shut it down.
    Oh brother...okay, It's been nice chatting with all of you but I have spent enough time here. ...
    04-19-09 04:40 PM
    Clearly this goes a little bit beyond just a SpoofApp. Someone obviously had some sophisticated technology to replicate your voice, which isn't something that's been advertised on this forum.

It kind of reminds me of when people say "guns kill". Guns don't kill...people kill. Someone used a spoofing service (do you have proof it was specifically a Blackberry App??) along with some voice tools to punk you. You can't completely blame a particular App for what happened.

On a sidenote....I've found that girls named Nicole are nothing but trouble. I've had an abundant amount of them (all trouble) in my life within the past few years. Maybe you had it coming.
    Took the words right outta my mouth. Someone really had it out for you if they were able to duplicate your voice. Anyway, I feel for you and as I said in my first post I pray things will work out for you.

On another note, I agree with you about those Nicoles (Nickys), I thought it was just me. What is it about them. I don't know but you hit the nail on the head.

Not saying you Nicole.
    04-19-09 07:16 PM
    Took the words right outta my mouth. Someone really had it out for you if they were able to duplicate your voice. Anyway, I feel for you and as I said in my first post I pray things will work out for you.

On another note, I agree with you about those Nicoles (Nickys), I thought it was just me. What is it about them. I don't know but you hit the nail on the head.

Not saying you Nicole.
    And to put a cherry on top...if you Google her like she asked, it seems as if she's associated with the recording industry....HHHHHHMMMMM.....SOMEONE REPLICATED YOUR VOICE AND PULLED A PRANK AND YOU'RE WHINING ON A FORUM DEDICATED TO BLACKBERRY....................

Here are some forums for you to also rant on, maybe you'll find who did your voice:

VelvetRope Forums
    MUSIC POWERS NETWORK - MUSIC INDUSTRY FORUMS & PRODUCER BOARDS
    Forum | NoiseAddicts
    04-19-09 07:25 PM
    LOL I like how you're b*tching me out when I've never used this thing nor have interest. I just think that people in power should know that this kind of crap happens and will happen. If you can't deal with it and the people around you can't deal with it then they don't realize the extent of their lifestyle/position in companies, etc.

P.S. Your last few lines sound like pretty minor (or maybe major?) threats.....which are more frowned upon than a spoofing of a number OR voice....someone of your stature should probably know that though.
    04-19-09 08:11 PM
    Oh brother...okay, It's been nice chatting with all of you but I have spent enough time here. You have the story, you know who I am, my work is done on this forum. Take care of yourselves.

Nicole Murray
    I looked her up she works for Apple under occuapation of no life but blog angry comments.
    04-19-09 08:13 PM
    1. Calls were made appearing to come from my phone number.
    You cannot call someone from their own phone number using SpoofApp, we also blacklist peoples phone numbers on request so they cannot receive calls from SpoofApp users, or have SpoofApp users use their phone number as the caller id.

As for calls from financial institutions and calls to the police, that is illegal and fully traced back to the ***** who would even think about doing that. Aside from the fun times people have with SpoofApp, its a great way to call from your cell and give out your business number.

As for law enforcement not liking SpoofApp, all I can say is they are some of the biggest fans of SpoofApp because its a great tool for them.

Anyhow, we dont operate a shady anything goes service. If your doing something illegal we will be the first ones to put an end to it, and fully cooperate with law enforcement.
    04-22-09 02:41 AM
    You cannot call someone from their own phone number using SpoofApp, we also blacklist peoples phone numbers on request so they cannot receive calls from SpoofApp users, or have SpoofApp users use their phone number as the caller id.

As for calls from financial institutions and calls to the police, that is illegal and fully traced back to the ***** who would even think about doing that. Aside from the fun times people have with SpoofApp, its a great way to call from your cell and give out your business number.

As for law enforcement not liking SpoofApp, all I can say is they are some of the biggest fans of SpoofApp because its a great tool for them.

Anyhow, we dont operate a shady anything goes service. If your doing something illegal we will be the first ones to put an end to it, and fully cooperate with law enforcement.
    Yeah, way to stay updated on what's going on with your product. Don't worry, we fought your battle for you.

For the record, she wasn't saying her own phone number was calling HER...she was stating someone was falsely using her number to call someone ELSE.
    04-22-09 03:18 AM
    You cannot call someone from their own phone number using SpoofApp
    I don't know about SpoofApp, but I know with 123SPOOF, you certainly CAN call someone's number using their own number.
    04-22-09 03:22 AM
    I think we need to send Nicole a stress ball...she seems heated...
    04-22-09 03:26 AM
    You can download the 123spoof application
    05-19-09 11:17 AM
    Yes BB has the Spoof App. I have it on my Storm and it is kinda free. I just went to google and found it for BB. They have it for all different OS for BB not just the Storm. For free you can change your number, go directly to voicemail, and possibly record but they have it already and it works. If you want the Whole program (ie voice change) you have to buy credits for it. $10 for 60 mins. Its not criminal if you dont abuse it, and its not the App thats bad people its the ignorant person using it. I just use it for direct to voicemail if i dont feel like talking and to block my number when im on Duty as PD, safety reasons. **Works Geat!!**

Its called 123Spoof - also you cant use the same number you are calling for whoever said you could. Incorrect Sir.
    Last edited by Diezel_01; 05-19-09 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Add the name of the App.
    05-19-09 11:27 AM
    Anyone have the OTA?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 11:33 AM
    I just want the voice changer. Not the spoofing part. Anywhere I can find a solid voice changer? I think that would be a fun, cheap little app to mess around with.
    05-19-09 02:24 PM
    Apps and services like this have been a major problem for law enforcement lately. When you are able to spoof caller ID, you are able to make 911 think you are calling from a different number. There have been numerous stories of 911 calls from spoofed numbers, and they are not at all funny.

Anyone that makes an app like this is asking for trouble. Yeah, 99 people out of 100 will just use it for practical jokes, but its the 1 dumbazz that presents the problem. I'm not going to get into the liability issues of it all, but I'm sure you can figure out what would happen to the person that creates this app and one of you does something stupid with it.

</end rant>
    I'm totally with you on this. I like technology but as you said, it only takes one "dumbazz" person out of 100 to cause problems. It's proven that there are people out there that uses technology like this to cause everyone else to pay for it. Someone posted a link to a news article of where the SWAT team was called out for a fraudulent call. This is fact that another stuupid prank causes our TAX monies getting wasted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm into having fun 'n pranks and all, but there's a thin line that needs to be considered; otherwise when it gets crossed, we all pay for it one way or another. This just brings the issue to a whole new (national) level when people go to extreme extents when things get out-of-hand; but I digress.
    05-19-09 02:52 PM
    awesome... just tried it on my friend, ROFLMAO

Unlimited Free Calling ID Spoofing - 123SPOOF
    Last edited by muzhik; 05-19-09 at 04:29 PM.
    05-19-09 03:33 PM
    Let me put this in perspective for you:

1. Calls were made appearing to come from my phone number.

2. A series of calls back to back and corresponding brief messages of two people having intercourse.

3. At the end of message, the envelope information was MY PHONE. The name tag from MY PHONE was at the end of the message in MY VOICE like if I were to legitimately leave a message for someone myself.

4. At the end of the "sex tape" it said "message received from Nicole" and the Nicole part was my name tag from my voice mail on my blackberry. When you take the prompts to get the envelope information it said the message came from my phone number.

This is not a simple case of some calls coming from a different number. I was set up. Someone called his phone and made the incoming calls "appear" to come from my phone. There were several missed calls from my phone. This has caused a tremendous amount of strife. Neither of us are people who use these kinds of things and frankly this blindsided us. Do you know what it was like to be accused and have to listen to all of this graphic, muffled craziness and each time it ended to hear my own voice mail tags? It has taken me weeks to figure out the origin was spoofapp. AT & T absolutely did not know anything about how to dig into where it could have come from. They told him that there was no way for my phone to call from someone else's phone. They told him that my phone could not be used as a front for someone else's phone on caller id.

Say what you want. Let someone do you like this and I guarantee swearing up and down is NOT ENOUGH to remove the doubt. This got graphic, it got out of hand and there was no way for me to prove that I did not make those calls by accident. Also, I am a busy mom and have accidentally dialed the phone while moving around doing my mom thing during the day so there is a precedent of me calling his phone unawares. So this took the cake. He could not help but think that I accidentally dialed the phone during a sneaky act while he was out of town.

You can say all you want about weak relationships, whatever. People SHOULD NOT use spoofapp this way. There needs to be more awareness at the phone companies because when a family calls to investigate this I assure you they NEED to talk to customer service reps who are familiar with what these phones can do. We have blackberrys and iPhones. And the phone company reps need to have a check list of familiar concerns so that they will not give some stupid blanket answer that doesn't cover the problem.

This has absolutely snowballed out of control. That should not come as a surprise. No grown a** person should have time or interest in this kind of silliness. Not to mention, it is stupid. Why should any family even have to address something like this?

Now put it in greater perspective. Teenagers bully. Kids bully. I live in an area where nearly EVERY child in my daughter's elementary school has a cell phone. Elementary kids with iPhones, Envy2, Blackberrys, you name it. What will this look like a year from now? As soon as I pick her up they all start calling each other. They are phone savvy and young. What if something hurtful or embarrasing happens to a troubled kid? What then? Columbine? Virginia Tech? Wake up! This is dumb as **** to put this out as an easy access "fun" way to prank someone.

This is some bull
    She probably also blames guns for killing people.... I tell you people are always placing the blame on the object not the dumb*** that did the deed.
    06-08-09 12:52 PM
    06-08-09 01:09 PM
    Bluff My Call is the best spoofing app it the app and calls are totally free. Search for Bluff in the app world and then besides for making free spoof calls you can email them for 15 free international minutes also.
    AND did u look at the timestamp
    08-11-09 10:42 AM
101 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD