I am currently downloading the trials for both but at 30 bucks a pop, I'd also like to get some more input from those who have tried them.

Which one is better? Anyone?
    12-27-08 03:42 PM
    I hear alot of good things about data vault...
    12-27-08 03:45 PM
    I have not tried either one as of yet. However, I am sure you will get a good feel for those programs since there is a trial for each. $30? Really? Wow, I am not sure I could do it even if I enjoyed the programs.
    12-27-08 03:46 PM
    Me either. $30 is alot of money anymore.
    12-27-08 03:51 PM
    I haven't tried SplashID. I have tried Ascendo DataVault and didn't like it. I am currently using eWallet from Ilium Software and love it. They also have a free trial. I suggest giving that one a shot.
    12-27-08 03:53 PM
    KeepassBB since it's free.
    12-27-08 04:09 PM
    I loved the SplashID port on Palm. It had a desktop component, and I actually still use it.
    12-27-08 05:33 PM
    I use DataVault and love it. The desktop companion program is outstanding! And when you sync them up, what you see in the desktop software is the same thing you see in the BB. Yes, $30 might be slightly steep, but it was worth every bit to me.

I too downloaded trials for a number of apps and decided that DataVault topped them all. If you spend a few minutes reading the helps and userguide, the overall experience is much more satisfying.
    12-27-08 06:40 PM
    KeepassBB since it's free.

Here's another vote for KeePass Password Safe. You'll have to install the Blackberry companion, KeePassBB, separately but they sync up beautifully. KeePass is Open Source and totally free. I've been using it for about a month now and have been happy with it.
    12-27-08 10:13 PM
    Here's another vote for KeePass Password Safe. You'll have to install the Blackberry companion, KeePassBB, separately but they sync up beautifully. KeePass is Open Source and totally free. I've been using it for about a month now and have been happy with it.
    That looks pretty good.
    12-27-08 10:48 PM
    I am currently downloading the trials for both but at 30 bucks a pop, I'd also like to get some more input from those who have tried them.

Which one is better? Anyone?
    I used SplashID for about 10 years and have recently switched to DataVault once I purchased the Storm. There are a few things that DataVault did better than SplashID. I found that there were more features to DataVault compared to SplashID such as custom templates, the import from other popular password applications, encrypted emails, and the web browser integration.
    12-28-08 07:04 PM
    Oh, would def say datvault. Probably one of my most used app. I love it!
    12-28-08 09:56 PM
    I use DataVault and love it. The desktop companion program is outstanding! And when you sync them up, what you see in the desktop software is the same thing you see in the BB. Yes, $30 might be slightly steep, but it was worth every bit to me.

I too downloaded trials for a number of apps and decided that DataVault topped them all. If you spend a few minutes reading the helps and userguide, the overall experience is much more satisfying.
    I gotta second that; I have used the others and prefer DataVault above and beyond.
    12-29-08 02:32 PM
    I agree as well. I have used eWallet in the past for Windows Mobile but DataVault is a more mature and solid application.
    01-03-09 11:00 AM
    SplashID review about to go up in the review section...
    01-13-09 11:37 AM
    +1 for DataVault. Nothing against Splash products - they have a large and loyal following as well. For me, the extra features of DataVault and the flexibility of importing from my Treo PasswordsPlus app sealed the deal for me.
    01-13-09 11:44 AM
    Anything that doesn't use a SplashData product gets my vote.

They used to be a decent company that put out good products. Nothing has ever rivaled SplashMoney on the Palm. But they have refused to hire the developers necessary to replicate such an experience for that app on other platforms, as well as their other apps on all platforms. They were heavily funded at one point, but I am confident that river has gone dry.

Splash doesn't even respond on a regular basis on their own forums. They delete messages they don't like or can't respond too.

Splash charges ungodly amounts of money for very buggy BlackBerry/iPhone software. Their updates have gone from regular, albeit not addressing the commonly complained about issues - to months and months apart.

Arrogant is the one word I would use to describe Morgan Slain, CEO and Justin Cepelak, VP of Product Management. Absolute jerks to the community. Ivy league educated, yet too ignorant to pay for developers to provide the products shown on their site (splashdata.com). The products exist, but they SUCK in a word.
    01-13-09 03:22 PM
    SplashID tends to corrupt itself on upgrade, which is a huge negative imo.
    01-13-09 04:37 PM
    I may be doing something wrong or downloaded the wrong versionS? I downloaded the BB version and also a desktop version. Originally the V. 2.x beta but I was getting errors so I grabbed the 1.14 version. But I am getting errors about headers and or password. I cannot get them to sync using Desktop Manager.

Did you start with a keepass database on the desktop or on the BB? Then what? I thought I had created a BB version and a desktop version. I told DM where to find the version using Sync/Configure.

Any help appreciated
    01-14-09 05:12 PM
    I'm on mobile right now, I'll get you the exact procedures when I get home (about an hour).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 08:56 PM
    Neither.
    I used SplashID for years on my Palm device.

Recently got a Storm and tried SafeWallet.
    Very nice program!
    01-14-09 10:27 PM
    I may be doing something wrong or downloaded the wrong versionS? I downloaded the BB version and also a desktop version. Originally the V. 2.x beta but I was getting errors so I grabbed the 1.14 version. But I am getting errors about headers and or password. I cannot get them to sync using Desktop Manager.

Did you start with a keepass database on the desktop or on the BB? Then what? I thought I had created a BB version and a desktop version. I told DM where to find the version using Sync/Configure.

Any help appreciated

Hey F2,

OK, here's what I did:

1. Downloaded and installed KeePass 1.14 for Windows to my PC.
    2. Downloaded the KeePass for BB installer, keepassbb-1.2.948.msi to my PC.
    3. Ran keepassbb-1.2.948.msi. This installs the Desktop Manager Synchronization Add-In and extracts the cod and alx files that you'll need to install on the device.
    4. Ran Desktop Manager to load KeePass for BB onto my Blackberry.

That's it. Now when I connect the BB to the PC, KeePass automatically syncs up.

Just now, to test out my procedures, I downloaded keepassbb-1.2.1063.msi (a new release introduced this month) and upgraded my BB version. Worked just fine.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any more issues.
    01-14-09 11:29 PM
    In the end I ended up going with DataVault. Great app!
    01-24-09 10:51 AM
    What are the advantages of using these products over the BB password keeper?
    01-24-09 01:47 PM
    Primary advantages in my mind are:
    1. They come with a desktop program for ease of data entry and access away from the phone. They sync to the BB via Desktop Manager sync.
    2. I never spent much time with Password Keeper, but IIRC these apps have much, much more flexibility and a better UI.
    01-24-09 08:57 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD