Ok,so heres the problem. Ive been looking everywhere for the past couple of days but to no avail . Im looking for a program that would announce the name/number of the person whos calling so i dont have to actually pick up my phone to look at the screen .
    There is HollerId but that only works with the contacts saved on your blackberry. Can anyone help?
    02-13-09 10:13 AM
    Oo that's a good question. My brother has Verizon and his phone announces who is calling/messaging him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 01:31 PM
    Oo that's a good question. My brother has Verizon and his phone announces who is calling/messaging him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    actually you need a speech engine first and the blackberry doesn that have text to speech feature. what you can do is record the user's phone number as a ringtone.

We have this feature in our app on the Palm Treo. We can add this feature to your PictureId app Toysoft Development, Inc. - Ringtones, Palm Security, blackberry, Treo, Picture id if there are more interest.
    02-13-09 02:00 PM
    actually you need a speech engine first and the blackberry doesn that have text to speech feature. what you can do is record the user's phone number as a ringtone.

We have this feature in our app on the Palm Treo. We can add this feature to your PictureId app Toysoft Development, Inc. - Ringtones, Palm Security, blackberry, Treo, Picture id if there are more interest.
    Good idea!
    I've downloaded the PictureID. Works OK BUT when i'm getting an incoming call my Picture ID rings and my original ringtone for that person at the same time.
    Pic comes up big then gets small (the original pic of the caller) right away.
    Any idea if u gonna fix this by the time when actually one going to buy it?

Follow me onTwitter / krisztibi
    Last edited by krisztibi; 02-19-09 at 08:03 PM.
    02-17-09 10:12 PM
    Good idea!
    I've downloaded the PictureID. Works OK BUT when i'm getting an incoming call my Picture ID rings and my original ringtone for that person at the same time.
    Pic comes up big then gets small (the original pic of the caller) right away.
    Any idea if u gonna fix this by the time when actually one going to buy it?
    picID will not work on the bold, 8900 or if you have OS 4.6.
    there is a bug in the OS that cause picID not to work.

if you want to use picID ringtone then you need to copy the NoSound.mp3 to the sd card and set that as your default ringtone so that the Phone app wont play it.
    02-17-09 11:36 PM
    [QUOTE]
    picID will not work on the bold, 8900 or if you have OS 4.6.
    there is a bug in the OS that cause picID not to work.
    I do have OS 4.6 and the trial version was expired in what 5 days? Don't worth it.
    02-19-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD