I've got the 8530 running 5.? with Sprint and I'm using the Reflect7 Carbon theme. I'm quite happy with the phone for the roughly six months I've owned it, but one issue that I would call a minor irritant keeps ruining the fun

The issue I'm having is that when I place the phone into a holster at a particular angle it depresses the spacebar which opens the Maps application. If I don't detect it early enough and close it my battery runs out in a hurry. There are times it's just not possible to be super careful when inserting the phone in its holster to prevent it 100% of the time, so is there a way to reassign the spacebar to a different app that doesn't use taxing resources (my notepad, perhaps) or disable the hotkey completely?

I'd prefer not to use keyboard locks if it means typing keys to unlock it, but tell me how easy it is and I may consider it. Does it automatically unlock when I remove it from the holster? The holster does have a magnet sleep function.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    08-02-10 12:47 PM
    I don't know this for sure, but the spacebar might be a theme controlled convenience key. Unless there is a theme specific setting to change it, you might need a different theme. You might want to ask the theme builder to be sure.
    08-02-10 02:29 PM
    Thanks for the reply RWWackoStu. I took your advice and found the info on the theme website. For anyone in the same boat the spacebar is a hotkey for the icon placed in the third position from the left on the second row under the screen opened with the BBerry key.

I'll try the changes and report back if it worked.
    08-03-10 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD