Hello all,

I'm looking for an app that can manage sound.

I mean, for example, on nights, I would like to have my phone in silent mode but only a few people (like an exception list) can still make my phone rings loud.
    Because at nights, I don't want anybody to call me except my family if they want to call me in case of an emergency.

Do you know any app that could do the trick ?

Thanks, sorry if i'm not clear enough, english is not my native language
    04-07-10 03:50 PM
    Hello all,

I mean, for example, on nights, I would like to have my phone in silent mode but only a few people (like an exception list) can still make my phone rings loud.
    Because at nights, I don't want anybody to call me except my family if they want to call me in case of an emergency.

Try ProfilerPro by Toysoft
    04-07-10 04:00 PM
    Hello all,

RingScheduler does just that. It's available here:
    RingScheduler (TM) - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    04-07-10 04:02 PM
    Hello all,
    Food for thought: if someone in your family needs to call in case of an emergency, what are the odds that they will be using a phone that you have in your cell? (I don't have an answer and have contemplated the same thing and figure it is 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 that they need to contact me from an unknown phone.)
    04-07-10 08:44 PM
    Thank you all for your answer.

I've heard of ProfilerPro but it looks like it does not do what i'm looking for.

RingScheduler seems to be what I was looking for. But I'm not really sure because it has an exceptions features that seems to be "activated" all the time.

I mean what I wanted is an app that can do something like an exception list between given hours.

For ie, between 11pm and 7am my phone is in silent mode and between this time ONLY, people in the exceptions list can call me.

Outside of this hours, people of the list follow the activated profile.

For RingScheduler, their feature (exceptions) is something that Blackberry can already do

Any other app you may know ?

Thanks
    04-08-10 11:12 AM

I've heard of ProfilerPro but it looks like it does not do what i'm looking for.

RingScheduler seems to be what I was looking for. But I'm not really sure because it has an exceptions features that seems to be "activated" all the time.

I mean what I wanted is an app that can do something like an exception list between given hours.

For ie, between 11pm and 7am my phone is in silent mode and between this time ONLY, people in the exceptions list can call me.

For RingScheduler, their feature (exceptions) is something that Blackberry can already do

Thanks
    I use Ringscheduler. I have it set to shut off all ringtones from 11:00PM-6:00AM with the exception of certain family members that I list. If they should call the phone rings for them only.
    It's a good app.
    04-08-10 11:18 AM

Thanks
    profilerpro you can set schedules to set the profile eg: 9am set profile to Vibrate and 5pm set to Loud.

there is no exception rule in profiler.
    04-08-10 11:18 AM
    I use Ringscheduler. I have it set to shut off all ringtones from 11:00PM-6:00AM with the exception of certain family members that I list. If they should call the phone rings for them only.
    It's a good app.
    Thanks for your reply.

What happens if your family call you at 8:00AM and you are on "Silent" or "Vibrate" mode ? Does your phone ring with sound or not ?
    04-09-10 07:20 AM
    Thanks for your reply.

What happens if your family call you at 8:00AM and you are on "Silent" or "Vibrate" mode ? Does your phone ring with sound or not ?
    RingScheduler works like this:
    Sound profile on your phone is usually set to Normal. RingScheduler now silences the phone during the scheduled period. Should someone on your exception list call during the scheduled silent period you get a special SOS ringtone.

EDIT: I just re-read your question and RingScheduler does not overide your default sound profile (in your example set to silent) when the exception rule is not active.
    Last edited by tellsells; 04-09-10 at 08:34 AM.
    04-09-10 08:27 AM
    RingScheduler works like this:
    Sound profile on your phone is usually set to Normal. RingScheduler now silences the phone during the scheduled period. Should someone on your exception list call during the scheduled silent period you get a special SOS ringtone.

EDIT: I just re-read your question and RingScheduler does not overide your default sound profile (in your example set to silent) when the exception rule is not active.
    I'm not sure to understand your edit ...
    You mean that in your case, since your family is on the exception rule, anytime they call, the phone will ring no matter the scheduled silent period ? Am I right ?
    04-09-10 09:55 AM
    I'm not sure to understand your edit ...
    You mean that in your case, since your family is on the exception rule, anytime they call, the phone will ring no matter the scheduled silent period ? Am I right ?
    That is incorrect. The exceptions only ring while RingScheduler is active and silencing calls from the normal profile. If during your meeting Ringscheduler is the one prompting the phone to go silent then the exceptions would ring. However, if you manually set your phone to silent then it will be silent for everyone.
    04-09-10 10:09 AM
    Thank you so much for your answer. I then am going to buy this app.
    04-09-10 10:13 AM
    Just to let you know, i love this app, it's doing exactly what i was looking for.
    04-12-10 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD