I know get it now has one, and there is one for the iphone, but is there an app that can listen and identify a song for the bb? Preferably free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 07:54 PM
    My ex-gf had this come standard on her LG phone from Verizon, it was pretty cool actually! Never seen it for the BB though. Someone will probably build the app someday, and then charge $30 for it.
    11-28-08 11:29 PM
    too bad for us berry users. My son just downloaded a free one for his win mo phone today. is amazing! wish i could find one too.
    12-05-08 09:59 PM
    That would be cool but honestly I don't think I would use it. Knowing me I would download the app and when a song comes on ask everyone around me what the name of it is and then after it goes off go crap I forgot I had this cool app that could have told me the name of the song. Lol

12-05-08 10:35 PM
    Hello all. New here, but been a BlackBerry user for a while now. I use a program called Nobex Radio Companion for this. You add your radio stations to it and it will tell you what is playing at the time. It does not listen to the song, it just looks it up online somehow. However, in some ways this is more useful because it keeps track of the last 10 or so songs that were played. As pointed out up above with the listening method, if you miss the song you miss your opportunity. If you like a song you're listening to, you can tag it to have the song details e-mailed to you with a link to buy it. Don't mean to come across sounding like an advertisement, but I have found this program very useful.

Edit: Forgot to add, this program is also free.
    12-05-08 10:45 PM
    Hello all. New here, but been a BlackBerry user for a while now. I use a program called Nobex Radio Companion for this. You add your radio stations to it and it will tell you what is playing at the time. It does not listen to the song, it just looks it up online somehow. However, in some ways this is more useful because it keeps track of the last 10 or so songs that were played. As pointed out up above with the listening method, if you miss the song you miss your opportunity. If you like a song you're listening to, you can tag it to have the song details e-mailed to you with a link to buy it. Don't mean to come across sounding like an advertisement, but I have found this program very useful.

Edit: Forgot to add, this program is also free.
    And you can listen to a good amount of radio stations out there too.
    12-06-08 02:07 AM
    I just downloaded Nobex. Is there an easy way to find what stations are playable without clicking on the city & then browsing through all the stations?

We need to start a list of recommended playable radio stations by genre.
    Last edited by lo life; 12-06-08 at 12:17 PM. Reason: I found my own answer
    12-06-08 11:49 AM
    I just downloaded Nobex. Is there an easy way to find what stations are playable without clicking on the city & then browsing through all the stations?

We need to start a list of recommended playable radio stations by genre.
    Not as far as I know. It's not the best looking or easiest to use program, but it gets the job done.
    zedcred likes this.
    12-06-08 12:38 PM
    Actually, I found out by playing around if you click "add playable stations", you can flip through by genre instead of by city.

The problem is that the descriptions of the stations isn't very good.
    12-06-08 01:38 PM
    note the playback is going to become a fee-based service
    12-07-08 11:24 AM
    I wish they had one of these for blackberry but there's no love so far- especially not for Canadian users!
    12-07-08 02:04 PM
    I know this is old, but I came across this on Google while looking for the download site for it. The program is called Shazam, and can be found here: Shazam

06-19-10 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD