03-28-10 02:08 PM
37 12
tools
    Someone please write a vbulletin app for the blackberry.

Im disturbed no one has yet and that facebook has one...

Here is an example of one on the way for the iphone:
    Tapatalk - iPhone/iPod native support - vBulletin.org Forum
    06-01-09 05:34 PM
    Nearest but not as pretty is something like this...
    Subaru Impreza WRX Sti Owners, Repairs, Wheels, Racing, Research - ScoobyNet.com

Does me, displays all the info I want from a vB forum

But I guess thats the same as the CB one too.
    06-01-09 05:44 PM
    While I agree the mobile themes for VB are ok they are rather lacking compared to say the facebook app. Most are not supported and or current with the latest vbulletin.
    06-01-09 06:04 PM
    I am a member of a few forums that use vbulletin and would love to view them on my BB just as I do Crackberry Forums..... I think an app like that would do very well, I would pay good money for it too if it worked well ($20 at least)
    06-02-09 08:37 AM
    No takers... I still think this is a huge missing item in the phone world. Forums are much more informational than facebook, twitter, and etc...
    10-31-09 10:00 PM
    I'll be releasing a beta sometime this week.

Native BlackBerry vBulletin App

I'm looking for forums that want to test the Beta also, in case anyone is interested that runs a vB forum. PM me your details.

11-02-09 10:03 PM
    I'm an admin of a private vbulletin forum, and would love an app that would allow me to use it more easily than I can on my bb's browser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 10:27 PM
    PM me your URL and Email address and i'll make sure to include you in the next round of Beta's.
    11-02-09 10:56 PM
    I also run a rather large forum and would be more than happy to beta test it for you.
    11-03-09 05:48 PM
    Sounds good

I should have a BETA ready for friday. Just finishing off some of the PM functions.

PM me your Forum info and email addy so i can email you .
    11-05-09 03:25 PM
    any updates?
    11-09-09 07:56 AM
    Sorry for the delay.

The App will be up for BETA release tomorrow (November 13th, 2009) aval here:

BlackBerry Native vBulletin Application - BerryBalb (BETA)

Since this is a very early BETA, I strongly recommend that you install the software on your board (Via vBulletin.org link) and test it on your own BlackBerry first, before allowing your users to play with it. I have only let my moderators use it so far. The plugin inherits all security policies based on your vBulletin setup, so there shouldn't be any issues.

I have only tested it on a limited number of devices (and only 3 forums) so I will be requesting details about your device and forum once you download it from vBulletin.org.

Nothing in this plugin will effect how your main forum works as it's a separate product from vBulletin.

I will supply a link and instructions on BerryBlab.com

So you are aware, any forum owner that helps in this BETA testing will be given 2 copies of this software for FREE when it is complete.

If you are a forum owner, I will have an affiliate program setup when the time comes to release it.
    Last edited by footose; 11-11-09 at 01:26 PM.
    11-11-09 01:14 PM
    Can't wait to try it out! I'll install it on my board ASAP when it comes out tomorrow.

11-11-09 09:04 PM
    And we are good for BETA testers now!

BlackBerry Native vBulletin App - vBulletin.org Forum
    11-12-09 12:35 AM
    is crackberry gonna pick this up and install it on their end??
    11-12-09 03:29 PM
    I personally can't say for sure, but if they App is good enough then I don't see why not
    11-16-09 03:43 PM
    I'm currently offering support through here:

BlackBerry Native vBulletin App - Page 12 - vBulletin.org Forum

So for people that have been PM'ing me, please check there.

Thx
    11-20-09 12:21 AM
    Thiss app looks awesome ! Hopefully Kevin sees this and might jump on it
    11-20-09 01:37 AM
    Good news! Thanks
    11-20-09 02:02 AM
    I would LOVE an app that simply strips all the BS formatting from a forum so it's phone-friendly. Something that doesn't require installation onto the forum itself so that it will "translate" any forum it's pointed at.
    11-20-09 02:11 AM
    vBulletin BlackBerry App | BerryBlab.com is open for public beta testing
    11-30-09 10:38 PM
    Hello fellow blackberry users. I developed this application to read a vbulletin forum and being able to post and reply to PMs and threads. It is not finished yet but the personal message feature I am already using!

12-04-09 08:49 AM
    My goal was to be 100% efficient with access to my vb forum. Image upload and reading the forum will come next.
    12-04-09 08:51 AM
    So I pm'd another admin on the site I help run (the one that usually takes care of the technical stuff, I don't really deal with any of that) and he said we couldn't do what we needed to do on the forum end because "we can't download anything from the vBulletin forums because we don't have a current subscription". Is there another way he can dl what he needs for us to be able to use this on our forum?
    12-05-09 05:36 PM
    I downloaded berry blab. Does it work in landscape mode with the storm2?

12-05-09 09:34 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD