Hey all, so i got really excited when i found out that pandora can be used on the 8220. but i have a problem, i have downloaded and installed the app, but whenever i try to connect i get these errors:
    "Unexpected network error occurred: DNS error while checking licensing"
    and
    "Unexpected network error occurred: DNS error while signing in"

After i get these first two errors, i get an option to login. After putting in my login information i get this error:
    "Unexpected network error occurred: DNS error while verifying username/password"

And then after that error, the screen just says logging in for an infinite amount of time.

I am dying to use pandora on my phone, so if anyone has had the problem and fixed it or knows how to fix it...I would really appreciate you passing on the knowledge.

THANKS!
    06-10-09 04:56 PM
    Try going into the options menu from the BlackBerry home screen:

Select options, advanced options, applications, Pandora, hit the BlackBerry button, edit permissions and set everything to "allow."

That worked on my 8130.
    06-10-09 05:11 PM
    I have the same error messages as exzist. I set my permissions to allow everything and still can not get Pandora to work. Any other suggestions?
    06-10-09 07:55 PM
    Do you have a 3G connection?
    06-10-09 08:33 PM
    Fixed!! Downloaded the OS update to .267 and everything works perfectly now.
    06-11-09 11:24 AM
    How did you find the OS update. I am frazzled from trying all the suggestions and nothing working....

Nicole
    07-16-09 05:32 PM
    Pandora worked fine for months but just the other day I have been getting the same error as Exzist first mentioned every time I try to connect with my Bold.

I downgraded my OS and I get the error. I checked the permissions for the app and it's set to allow everything. Any suggestions?
    08-05-09 01:54 PM
    I have had this issue the last two weeks also, but was just prompted to install Pandora V 1.1.1. Which resolved this issue, things are working again.
    08-05-09 05:40 PM
    Pandora seems to only give me the DNS error when I try to connect to it while on a WiFi network. I can turn WiFi off and restart Pandora and it will work fine. So far i get the DNS error at my home and work WiFi network. I even installed 1.1.1 and downgraded and even upgraded my OS with DNS errors still there, only with WiFi though.
    08-07-09 10:29 AM
    I found that it is only the initial registration that fails. The solution that worked for me is:

1. Turn off WiFi
    2. Start Pandora
    3. Log in
    4. Pick a station
    5. Once music is playing, exit Pandora
    6. Turn WiFi back on
    7. Restart Pandora
    12-17-09 11:09 PM
    I found that it is only the initial registration that fails. The solution that worked for me is:

1. Turn off WiFi
    2. Start Pandora
    3. Log in
    4. Pick a station
    5. Once music is playing, exit Pandora
    6. Turn WiFi back on
    7. Restart Pandora
    Nope, that did't work for me. This is the first time I'm having this problem, and it's after loading the Sprint OS onto my VZW Phone. Oh well. I can wait until the official release from VZW. I don't stream pandora over WiFi anyways.
    12-27-10 02:28 PM
    I have the same issue, cannot connect to Pandora when the WIFI is active. I have Pandora 1.1.6.

I just use Pandora when WIFI is off, otherwise I use Slacker...

Sprint BB Curve
    01-29-11 12:33 PM
    Good fix worked for my 9900 Bold
    12-28-12 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD