Could someone please write a app or a patch to break the 160 characters length maximum in the native BBM 5.0? I like having the native app but I get annoyed having to break up the messages my self. If you have verizon I know the service will allow it as they do it with other phones... please?
    10-22-09 01:50 PM
    BBM doesn't have a text limit.

Beyond 160, Empower SMS are two apps out of many more that offer to split up text messages beyond 160 characters. Look in App World.

Also, this has been brought up hundreds of times on CB. A simple search would have got you an answer instantly.

Oh, you could always send a MMS it has a 1000 character limit.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 10-22-09 at 04:17 PM. Reason: MMS
    10-22-09 04:16 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP was referring to SMS in BBM in OS 5.0.
    10-22-09 04:51 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the OP was referring to SMS in BBM in OS 5.0.
    Ya I believe they are using OS5.0 with threaded texting in BBM5.0. I was hoping with BBM handling texts now that it would be able to do this natively (my Palm 755p on Verizon does this natively in their SMS for quite some time now), but it cannot.

I have to say it is much nicer splitting them up now with the chat style threaded messaging now. Instead of actually having to create new messages each time you only have to hit enter then keep typing, it is actually quite easy to do, and really not much of a hassle so I don't really miss it.
    10-23-09 10:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD