I recently changed to a BB Pearl 8130, I had it unlocked (it's an Orange one) and use it with my T-mobile SIM.

Everything works great but for some reason I can't get Twitterberry(or Blackbird), my QR reader, and newsgator to work - they just never connect.

Google apps work as does the internet but I have no idea what the problem could be...any ideas??

Thanks!!
    06-23-09 11:44 AM
    First issue, you must have upgraded to an 8110 or 8120 Pearl. The 8130 does not use GSM technology or a SIM card.

In either case, you say everything is working, I assume you have voice and text messages, but do you have a BIS connection for Email and Messaging? That is required for most third party software.

Are these applications that were originaly installed on an 8100? If so, they may have to be updated with the correct PIN specific activation codes.
    06-23-09 01:04 PM
    Thanks for the help!

You're right - I am on 8120, before I was on an 8100. I did use the desktop software to switch devices - but since then I've removed them and re-installed directly onto the phone.

Not sure what a Bis connection is - I have email setup on my phone which works, is that what you mean? Also google apps seems to work fine - it's just other applications like twitterberry and inigma which i can't make work.

Is there anything else I can try?
    07-07-09 04:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD