So Im looking into buying a few new apps, and before I do so I just wanted to check and make sure they were alright.

Firstly I was looking into meterberry becacuse of the ability to detect what apps are battery hogs, but mixed reviews say it is a battery hog itself; is this true? Thats upsetting if so.

Additionally, I was looking into the famous Quicklaunch app, but I've also heard it does not run on .148 -- is this also true? That's also a shame as it looks like a must have otherwise.
    06-04-09 12:10 PM
    I can only speak for MeterBerry as I haven't tried QuickLaunch yet (and I honestly have no idea why). I have MeterBerry as one of my icons on my home screen (bottom right) showing the free application memory. It's an amazing application, and definitely a must-have. Like I said, of the 4 icons on my home screen, it's one of them!
    06-04-09 12:17 PM
    Quick Launch is a very useful app, which I highly recommend. It works on .148, the issue was resolved by the developer after .148 was released. The fix is included with any version 1.5 or higher.
    06-04-09 12:30 PM
    I have both installed, and although I'm not a memory freak, it is nice to have built in monitor. And QL is something that should have been a native App.

Neither one seems to be much of a power hog or memory hog to me, and both are well worth the prices paid.

IMO, of course.

Joe
    06-04-09 12:35 PM
    QL is currently tied for my favorite app of all time (tied with Viigo - although I have Viigo set on my QL so it's a match made in heaven)...definitely give it a try.
    06-04-09 12:37 PM
    both apps are very very highly recommended. meterberry is great for simply monitoring your memory (as well as battery plus it gives you a reset option). as for QL, i avoided it for the longest time and finally bought it last week. now it's my fave app by far!!!
    06-04-09 02:04 PM
    I will let the other users here speak for MeterBerry, but would you care to share reviews that have stated MeterBerry is a battery hog?

I've seen very few complaints about MeterBerry. It has been almost universal praise.
    06-04-09 02:42 PM
    buy them both. they are great apps and worth the money. i got both and love them. oh ya, penguins suck! go Wings! LOL
    06-04-09 02:46 PM
    but would you care to share reviews that have stated MeterBerry is a battery hog
    They are just the reviews under the app if you search it here on crackberry.

oh ya, penguins suck! go Wings!
    Why you little...Just wait until after the next 3 games. You old farts are already tired and done getting away with scandalous moves

So I am trying ot buy both apps but mobihand won't let you select the phone number field and type it in? Any help would be appreciated...
    06-04-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD