is it compatibile with the 9700? i launch it but i dont get the restart now option, so i guess it doesnt work. is there such a fantastic app for the 9700?
    thank you
    12-30-09 11:35 AM
    Did you allow the permissions? Options->Apps-> Edit persmissions. once I allowed, it fixed that issue for me.

-----EDIT------

R U talking about the native reset feature or Quickpull? Guess I should have asked first....
    12-30-09 11:37 AM
    press right "alt" button + the left "caps" button and delete all at the same time... it will soft reset the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 11:39 AM
    i didnt check the permissions, i was referring to native softreset, never used quickpull.
    thakx
    12-30-09 11:40 AM
    i downloaded the .alx file, loaded it with DM but got an error saying "application not compatible with device, unable to load"
    any ideas/new vers?
    12-30-09 11:50 AM
    the method i posted is a Native (RIM built in feature) to do a soft reset....

12-30-09 11:58 AM
    check this:

don’t know if any of you have been having problems with SoftReset since your upgrade to OS 4.5 +. I know I was sure bummed out when I upgraded and found out that my most commonly used application didn’t work. Stupid “Uncaught exception java.lang.Illegal Argument Exception” error!

So today I ran into this post from PinStack regarding the problem. It doesn’t look like it has worked for everyone, but it worked for me so I thought that it was worth sharing.

You need to modify the permissions for the “Email Setup Application” so that they all say “Allow” you do this by going into: Options – Advanced Options – Applications- scroll down to “Email Setup Application” click the menu button and select “Edit Default Permissions” and change all of them so that they say “Allow”. Go back to the main screen, making sure to save your changes, and try SoftReset. Hopefully it works for all of you as it did for me!
    12-30-09 12:02 PM
    press right "alt" button + the left "caps" button and delete all at the same time... it will soft reset the phone.

you mean alt + 'right shift' button + del
    12-30-09 12:56 PM
    you mean alt + 'right shift' button + del
    correct... i did FUBAR that didnt i ... oh well.

12-30-09 01:09 PM
    native alt+rshift+del doesn't work for me on my 9700 w/ .423 andIts really annoying me. I've been using that for years on various BB's. Just dL'ed quickpull lite for the time being.

Edit: I found that quickpull lite won't reset my BB, but now the native key combo works. I did also remove 2 cod's since I dL'ed quickpull but I don't think that had anything to do with it.
    Last edited by BlackberryBlake; 01-09-10 at 02:19 PM.
    01-09-10 07:40 AM
    native alt+rshift+del doesn't work for me on my 9700 w/ .423 andIts really annoying me. I've been using that for years on various BB's. Just dL'ed quickpull lite for the time being.

Edit: I found that quickpull lite won't reset my BB, but now the native key combo works. I did also remove 2 cod's since I dL'ed quickpull but I don't think that had anything to do with it.
    I have about 5 reset options in my 9700 with 5.0.0.344 and here's what works and doesn't:
    1. QuickPull Free - yes
    2. MeterBerry - no
    3. QuickLaunch - yes
    4. ALT+R.SHIFT+DEL - no
    5. Actual battery pull - what do you think?!?

Anyway, I might upgrade my OS and see what happens.

01-09-10 04:53 PM
    I have about 5 reset options in my 9700 with 5.0.0.344 and here's what works and doesn't:
    1. QuickPull Free - yes
    2. MeterBerry - no
    3. QuickLaunch - yes
    4. ALT+R.SHIFT+DEL - no
    5. Actual battery pull - what do you think?!?

Anyway, I might upgrade my OS and see what happens.

Well I'm all about alt, rshift, del, personally and like I said its been working on 5.0.0.423 since i installed quickpull lite. You might wanna upgrade your os anyway though. There have been some big improvements lately. As always, read the fixings and findings first to make sure its the os u want and there are no deal breakers.
    01-09-10 07:39 PM
    Yeah I did every upgrade available on my 9630 because it was never perfect. I can't even remember the first one, 4.7.1.47 maybe? Then .53, .57, .61, and .65.

I was happy enough with the Bold2's stock OS from Telus, but just starting to notice a few quirks a month in. I heard .435 might be coming, so debating about going for .423 or not.

I'm sure the OS upgrades will restore these soft reset options, as I know they work for other users.

01-09-10 08:15 PM
    I've heard .435 is amazing and it might leak soon also but who knows what soon means. I always upgrade cuz I'm impatient. Unless there's a deal breaker like I said.
    01-09-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD