What do you guys like more, SocialScope for Facebook or the Facebook application?
    08-19-09 09:25 AM
    What is SocialScope?
    Is it better an the facebook app?
    Bc you know I didn't like that.
    08-19-09 09:30 AM
    I like socialscope better, its a nice clean look and comes with twitter, which is what i use more
    08-19-09 09:34 AM
    Still waiting to get my social scope invite.....they sure take their time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 09:35 AM
    I like the FaceBook app more but SS has a more simple, cleaning layout
    08-19-09 09:53 AM
    They're both useful for different reasons. On Social Scope, you can only look at other people statuses, comment their statutes, and update your own. And also look at TwitPics or Facebook pictures. It doesn't notify you for anything, like the Facebook app does.
    08-19-09 10:00 AM
    I use SocialScope. It does everything I need it to for Facebook except upload pics. You can set it to alert for FB status updates, and FB still sends me e-mails for what I want it to, so I'm not missing any FB notifications. Anything I need to do on FB that Socialscope can't handle, I can do on the FB mobile page, which SS can open.
    08-19-09 10:06 AM
    I'm more of a FaceBook user, and for me, the FaceBook app far surpasses SS. Granted, SS is a nice app, and for twitter is great, and for basic FB it rocks, but the FaceBook app is stil my way to go.

08-19-09 10:09 AM
    I like the look of the status updates in SS, but still prefer the Facebook app. The plus side of the facebook app (to me) are:

- Links Facebook contacts to address book contacts.
    - Updates photos in my address book automatically.
    - Full access to contact profiles and photo albums.
    - Can help to look at Facebook-only notifications.
    - Write on somone's wall or send a private message.

I think the downside of the Facebook app is no longer being able to bring up someone's profile on the mobile site directly, and no way to link contacts to specific groups. Facebook Chat would also be another nice feature to see, but since I have that through JiveTalk, I'm not minding it that much.
    08-19-09 04:06 PM
    This is kind of like comparing a car and a motorcycle.

While both can serve as transportation, 1 doesnt let you carry much cargo
    08-20-09 10:31 AM
    I might get flamed for this: but IMO: Opera Mini 4.2 to load the m.facebook.com site. Works like a charm.
    08-20-09 11:07 AM
    Why would you be flamed? I use Bolt for FB Mobile when I need to do something I can't do in SS, like play games. The FB mobile page has improved a lot lately. It used to be horrible.
    08-20-09 11:22 AM
    I prefer the FB mobile site.
    08-20-09 11:23 AM
    Thanks for the feedback guys, much apprieciated. Keep the comments coming...
    08-20-09 11:25 AM
    SevereDeceit, if you have access to Socialscope, why not install and try them both? I assume you also use Twitter, or SS wouldn't really interest you. I have to agree, for pure FB use, the FB is better. Since I use both Twitter and FB, I prefer to have only one app installed versus 2, so Socialscope wins. I also only have a paltry 64MB of memory to deal with....
    08-20-09 11:36 AM
    Just started playing with SS so far I like it but not sure if I'm going to ditch the Facebook app. They both have pros and cons. I have noticed that SS stays open and will not close why is that.

08-20-09 08:06 PM
    Just started playing with SS so far I like it but not sure if I'm going to ditch the Facebook app. They both have pros and cons. I have noticed that SS stays open and will not close why is that.

I did not care for that either, if the FB application doesn't need to run, then neither does this...
    08-20-09 08:33 PM
    I prefer SS just because I don't really use Facebook that much, and the FB app is really stupid on my BB. I can accomplish most of the things I do with Facebook on SS. It's a great tool if you twitter a lot. It has a lot of options for making your twitter experience better, but if you're a Facebook power user, I don't think SS is the way to go.
    08-20-09 08:42 PM
    Since you guys no more about SS than I do I was playing with the upload to SS feature but not sure how it works.
    Will it only upload to twitter or will it upload to Facebook.

I only use the twitter feature to search twitter I don't have a account.

08-20-09 09:12 PM
    Since you guys no more about SS than I do I was playing with the upload to SS feature but not sure how it works.
    Will it only upload to twitter or will it upload to Facebook.

I only use the twitter feature to search twitter I don't have a account.

I could be wrong (and if I am please someone correct me), but pictures upload by default to Twitpic. I haven't found a way to change that in the application. It will only post a link to the picture in your Twitter and Facebook timelines, but the actual picture would show up for anyone using SS.

Since you don't have a Twitter account, I'm thinking you won't be able to upload pictures via SS because, by default, if you have a Twitter account you have a Twitpic account. Since you don't have one, I'm guessing you'd get some kind of error.

Not sure, though. Hopefully, someone who's did more experimenting can help you better.
    08-21-09 02:11 AM
    I did not care for that either, if the FB application doesn't need to run, then neither does this...

Hit your Blackberry key, and select Logout. That will close SS completely for you.

I've not been drawn into games on FB, so I tend to treat it like a twitter feed of people's statuses (statii? lol), so SS is the way to go for me - love it!

Tend to use FB app for wall msgs rather than mobile site, but I'll switch between the two for stuff other than status comments...
    08-21-09 03:29 AM
    I never use my facebook app. It sits in the background and takes care my contact information which I still think is pretty awesome! Occassionally it will show up in my inbox and I reply to someone through it but that's about it. I use SS for all my status updates and things. I just use the facebook mobile site for everything else.

08-21-09 04:36 AM
    i think facebook application is better than social scope application..............
    08-21-09 05:28 AM
    I'd like to try out SocialScope but when I signed up it said that they closed out the beta for now. I had to take the Facebook app off my Storm because it had a memory leak :/
    08-21-09 06:02 AM
    I'd like to try out SocialScope but when I signed up it said that they closed out the beta for now. I had to take the Facebook app off my Storm because it had a memory leak :/
    Have you tried getting it recently I thought they opened back up Beta testing? I could be wrong but I thought they did

08-21-09 06:04 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD