05-20-10 03:55 AM
68 123
tools
    Just got the .98 update yesterday and noticed I keep getting an error message when I try to upload a pic to FB. Anyone else having this issue? Am I doing something wrong? If I upload a pic to Twitter I have no issues whatsoever.
    Last edited by cgbb; 05-05-10 at 05:15 PM.
    05-05-10 05:06 PM
    Could someone help me out with the SocaiScope settings. I just got SS and I want to use it for my primary facebook and twitter but I want it to alert me when someone directs something to me on facebook and also if someone replies to me on twitter or mentions me. Is SS capable of doing that and if so what are my alert settings supposed to be set on? Thanks
    05-06-10 07:18 AM
    Could someone help me out with the SocaiScope settings. I just got SS and I want to use it for my primary facebook and twitter but I want it to alert me when someone directs something to me on facebook and also if someone replies to me on twitter or mentions me. Is SS capable of doing that and if so what are my alert settings supposed to be set on? Thanks
    Yes absolutely. Under notifications, disable everything, but keep public replies & DM on alert.

Keep in mind SS does not have push, so ur fb app will usually receive the notification first. Just be patient.
    Last edited by mad_eyes; 05-06-10 at 08:23 AM.
    05-06-10 08:21 AM
    Lack of push notifications is a tremendous letdown for the Facebook aspect.
    05-06-10 08:44 AM
    Yes absolutely. Under notifications, disable everything, but keep public replies & DM on alert.

Keep in mind SS does not have push, so ur fb app will usually receive the notification first. Just be patient.
    Ook then thanks for the info and I might just wait and rock with Uber and Facebook app until SS updates and gets right!
    05-06-10 12:16 PM
    Ook then thanks for the info and I might just wait and rock with Uber and Facebook app until SS updates and gets right!
    uber doesn't push either. only fb and official twitter app will.

just to clarify:

if i write on ur wall, yes ss will notify u. ur bb will vibrate with fb app push notification, maybe 30secs-1min later ss will vibrate ur phone. there are times however, where ss has beat out the fb app.

however, if u only use twitter & fb then ur uber/fb app combo works. personally i think the fb app is complete crap.
    Last edited by mad_eyes; 05-06-10 at 02:41 PM.
    05-06-10 02:38 PM
    ill paypal someone $5 for an invite lol

or trade invites if you need google voice!
    Last edited by folgrz; 05-06-10 at 03:00 PM.
    05-06-10 02:58 PM
    u will only get updates if u are having problems with SS as they want to fix the probs , also mad_eyes posting all this info is stupid of ya bro private beta means SHHH on info

also it was not SS that was messing up with berrybuzz as from 44 and 81 and up are diff and berrybuzz was coded for 44 as the newer ss is lil diff an berrybuzz will soon have updated so it will work for u all on 81 and above so get your info before u post info u have no clue or nothing about

as im a beta tester at bellshare and also am the one who helped Henrik(bellshare dev) with adding ss cause i let him use my 44 ver and then when i was updated let him use that and its working now just wait for the berrybuzz update.

so anyways this should be closed
    05-06-10 08:25 PM
    lol, dude only thing imma say back to u is, have fun ever getting on any beta teams, as key things devs hate is leakers inless they give the okay,

like skyfire would be out for blackberry now if it did not get leaked 2 times and em stopping to fix it from getting leaked, same thing with tweeteev getting leaked that will never drop

so its a respect level for dev's who take the hard work to make programs and pick ppl to test and ppl kill it leaking screenshot they should not be doing, posting info on whats coming up and others that should not be posted, and or leaking links to ppl and then everyone has this beta and makes a big mess so.

anyways
    05-06-10 09:27 PM
    Nothing wrong with people expressing their views and opinions/information, regardless of if it's "right" or "wrong."
    Huh? How can it not be "wrong" if it is wrong? Makes no sense, with this very ironic oxymoron. If someone is trusted as a beta tester in confidence, I would hope that they would be adult enough to keep quiet about what they are doing. Period.

"Opinions" about an application are very different from discussing feature sets.

Anyway, I was just upgraded to v.107 from v.98. Nice....
    05-07-10 06:00 AM
    Also got an upgrade this morning from .98 to .107. No noticeable (sp) differences yet.
    05-07-10 07:30 AM
    how many people got bumped up to .107 today ? i see nothing new.
    05-07-10 12:34 PM
    Notice how the "wrong" is in quotes, meaning that even though the reader may think the information is incorrect, the poster may very well believe they're telling you the correct information.
    Umm. What information is mentioned that is correct or incorrect? The only correction I see is to let users know what is the situation with Socialscope and BerryBuzz reminders (which should be a separate/different thread if you go by CB relevant guidelines of posting). Please elaborate. All I see is an OP providing information and/or asking about the feature set of a beta application that is not supposed to be released. Read the title of the thread please.

I didn't mention anything about leaked information nor do I care what gets leaked and what doesn't.
    Well Brianjr88's post that you quoted is about that as well as people who have no idea how developers work, so why would YOU take the time to quote that post if that is not what you are referring to?

I see this forum isn't the best place for voicing your opinion so have a good/drama free life everyone.
    Bye-Bye. See ya.

I also think this thread should be shut down. These same people wishing for an app or upgrade, could be kicked out of the beta process for posting private beta information here. If you do a search, people have lost their accounts for less. Will you give them their access to SS back?
    And remember....
    "Opinions" about an application are very different from discussing feature sets".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 02:39 PM
    how many people got bumped up to .107 today ? i see nothing new.
    I got bumped up to .107 today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-10 02:52 PM
    Just got an update to .108. What's new?
    05-08-10 11:17 PM
    everything is good, but I dont think you can read FB emails when someone sends them
    05-10-10 06:35 PM
    also is there a way to post to someones wall in the ss facebook app?
    05-12-10 05:51 AM
    just got my social scope invite few days ago and testing it with 2 twitter accounts. love it so far. definitely beats having 2 twitter acc on UT.
    05-20-10 03:55 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD