I've noticed lots of people asking what's available in the new version, so I figured a thread listing the new features would be useful for some.

Overall:
    • Elapsed time now available. One can choose to view information as posted 10 minutes ago vs posted at 2:30PM.
    • GUI color changes.
    • Speed.
    • Choose number of start up messages to only load X number of messages when the app opens.

Twitter:
    • Location links are gone, instead only geotagging is supported.
    • Tweets with geotags have the red map pin symbol on them. No longer does one need to enter the tweet to see if it's geotagged.
    • Retweet options, either old or new format.
    • Shrink text option.
    • View twitlonger posts within SS.
    • Shows detailed descriptions for the trending topics.

Facebook:
    • Facebook has been revamped. One can view profiles, photos, information, etc within SS.
    • Photo uploading! No need for the crappy Facebook app anymore. (Note: photo needs to be approved via facebook after uploading. However, upload speed is much faster in SS than the facebook app)
    • Facebook pages can be added as tabs now.

Foursquare:
    • Overall foursquare interface improved.
    • Search bar above list of locations now, no need to scroll down to the bottom.
    • As one types into the search bar, a list of locations will show up. For example, by typing "mcd" mcdonalds, mcduffey, etc will appear.
    • When the user/friends check into locations, crown symbols now show if the user is mayor.
    • Cannot shout just to shout, have to check in to shout.
    • Can't seem to find how to view one's own badges. To view a friend's badges, open their profile and click on badges.
    • By viewing a friend's profile, one has the option to SMS, call, email, or tweet the friend. This is awesome.

Flickr:
    • Ok I got flickr to work. Shows photo updates and has comment abilities. I don't think SS can upload to flickr though.

Issues:
    • How to view own foursquare badges?
    • Integration with BerryBuzz
    Last edited by mad_eyes; 05-05-10 at 03:31 AM.
    05-01-10 02:29 PM
    There is also a Startup Message Count option in the Settings. Setting this will make the application load X messages on startup. Very useful in my opinion. Also, now if you scroll down to the very bottom and select the last message, SocialScope will automatically fetch previous messages for you to view (a la Seesmic for BlackBerry). Facebook integration is very good indeed. UI needs clean up here and there, and some options and functions need finalization, otherwise this is very close to a final release and is very stable. Great job!
    05-01-10 03:08 PM
    when you type @ in the Compose screen, it brings up a pull down menu of your Twitter friends, and possibly your Facebook friends too. Good addition.
    05-01-10 03:23 PM
    If your in the private beta, they might not like you posting this. Reason why its private. But listing the new features get people excited for the app

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 04:45 PM
    Isn't SocialScope a private beta? And people wonder why the app no longer pushes them updates!
    05-01-10 05:06 PM
    when you type @ in the Compose screen, it brings up a pull down menu of your Twitter friends, and possibly your Facebook friends too. Good addition.
    been there since .81 actually

If your in the private beta, they might not like you posting this. Reason why its private. But listing the new features get people excited for the app

i've heard different people say things like this before. yet there are tons of articles all over the web about ss. i really don't see a difference between a forum post and an article.

plus, i'm not bashing ss by any means. in fact, i'm praising their work. those who have gotten banned from the beta badmouthed the app, the creator, the beta process, etc. i'm sure ss loves constructive criticism, as most people do, but why give their app to an individual who doesn't appreciate it? they want to hear how they can continue to improve their app, not why the app/beta/owner sucks. eh i'm rambling, but u get the idea.
    05-01-10 06:21 PM
    Looks great for Facebook! 'Cause I totally hate facebook's app :s
    05-01-10 08:47 PM
    I asked about new features and they wouldn't tell me ANY cuz of private beta.

05-01-10 09:25 PM
    I can't wait for my new CDMA bold so I can upgrade from my .44 version on my curve. Love the old style but want a nice change.

05-01-10 10:46 PM
    I asked about new features and they wouldn't tell me ANY cuz of private beta.

thanks, good to know. i'll do some more research on this.

On another note:

To view friends' badges on foursquare, open their profile and click on badges. Haven't figured out how to view my own badges yet though.
    05-01-10 10:47 PM
    yeah, all this 'private beta' is a bunch of crapola... im mean seriously.. "The response we've received has been overwhelming leading to quite a backlog. We'll let you know if a spot opens up or the app becomes publicly available"

I've given up any hope of getting one of their coveted spots.. how long has this been a private beta???
    05-01-10 10:58 PM
    yeah, all this 'private beta' is a bunch of crapola... im mean seriously.. "The response we've received has been overwhelming leading to quite a backlog. We'll let you know if a spot opens up or the app becomes publicly available"

I've given up any hope of getting one of their coveted spots.. how long has this been a private beta???
    honestly, this isn't a topic i'd like to discuss in this thread. it'll just open up a can of worms. there's tons of threads discussing this topic. for now, i'd just like to discuss some of the new features in the upgrade.

thanks.
    05-01-10 11:34 PM
    honestly, this isn't a topic i'd like to discuss in this thread. it'll just open up a can of worms. there's tons of threads discussing this topic. for now, i'd just like to discuss some of the new features in the upgrade.

thanks.
    fair enough...carry on....
    05-01-10 11:38 PM
    i think the new version is causing my os to crash. ever since installing .98 ive been getting multiple application 523 errors.
    05-02-10 04:10 AM
    fair enough...carry on....
    thanks for understanding.

i think the new version is causing my os to crash. ever since installing .98 ive been getting multiple application 523 errors.
    interesting, which bb?
    05-02-10 05:24 AM
    I've got 2 invites within a day so they are rolling them out...

05-02-10 06:51 AM
    Weird just got a third like right now....

05-02-10 06:54 AM
    I just got my update and so did my friend yesterday. I'm starting to think they're rolling it out more.

05-02-10 07:18 AM
    Hi

I would be interested in an invitation.
    Where can I find?
    05-02-10 07:59 AM
    Got mine this morning.
    05-02-10 08:03 AM
    Hi

I would be interested in an invitation.
    Where can I find?
    go to SocialScope
    05-02-10 11:49 AM
    already registered
    05-02-10 11:52 AM
    I've got 2 invites within a day so they are rolling them out...

i got an invite as well...already was using it, but allowed me to get a newer version. im really stoked about this update. definitely worth the wait and frustration.

----------------
    Now playing: Brisco feat. Lil Wayne - Wall
    via FoxyTunes
    05-02-10 12:17 PM
    I registered it a while ago, but I still have not been invited.
    Will have to wait
    05-02-10 12:28 PM
    How does one upload pics from ss to facebook?
    05-02-10 12:46 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD