I jus downloaded socialscope lite and i was wondering if there is anyway to extend the timeline past 2-3 hrs i get behind and can't retrieve it like i can on ubertwitter i love the app but need a longer timeline
    08-14-09 08:12 PM
    believe the only way is on the web got lite also miss a lot unless i get @
    08-14-09 08:43 PM
    This is my #1 problem with SS. The only reason that I don't give it more of a try. Well, that and besides the fact that I love Ubertwitter.

If the next update comes out with a longer timeline, I might f with it a little more but this is a huge downfall for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 11:11 PM
    Hopefully it'll b in the next update. Taking them forever to release. You have to jump on their tip to be an alpha tester for the new UI

08-14-09 11:18 PM
    I'm not sure if I undersrand what you are asking, but on my ss I still see on my timeline posts that are 9hrs old..

Last edited by marvzz; 08-15-09 at 01:01 AM.
    08-15-09 12:58 AM
    I'm not sure if I undersrand what you are asking, but on my ss I still see on my timeline posts that are 9hrs old..

It probably depends on how many people you're following and how many incoming tweets you have. I don't think it's a time thing, it's a certain number of tweets it keeps in the timeline.
    08-15-09 01:37 AM
    It probably depends on how many people you're following and how many incoming tweets you have. I don't think it's a time thing, it's a certain number of tweets it keeps in the timeline.
    Yea, that's what I thought too. I didn't bother to count but it seems u got a point

08-15-09 01:59 AM
    I find that if don't log out but keep SS running in the background then the timeline goes back a lot further, but if I logout and subsequently login then the timeline is much shorter.
    08-15-09 02:13 AM
    I find that if don't log out but keep SS running in the background then the timeline goes back a lot further, but if I logout and subsequently login then the timeline is much shorter.
    Not for me. Timeline is just about always the same length. Too short for me. Keeps about 2 hours worth of about the 170 people that I'm following.

I tried to leave it running in the background for a long peroid of time and it'll just remove the oldest tweets to make room for the new ones.

08-15-09 05:23 AM
    I have sent feedback via the menu requesting that they at least give users the option to extend the amount the timeline will keep. Perhaps if you do the same, they'll see that more people want this option and will work on getting it into a future release.

08-15-09 11:31 AM
    I have sent feedback via the menu requesting that they at least give users the option to extend the amount the timeline will keep. Perhaps if you do the same, they'll see that more people want this option and will work on getting it into a future release.

Yeah. I did the same thing and I also encourage everyone that has issues with it to do the same. Its the only way they're gonna know what the people want.

08-15-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD