hi,

I've been waiting for roughly a couple of weeks for my SocialScope invite now... Seeing how much attention it has got from everyone and how the select few beta testers praise it I am really excited about it. If someone with SocialScope already can take a couple of minutes to answer my questions I would be really glad!

a) Will SocialScope use WiFi if there is no other active data connection (WiFi-only mode)?

b) Can you set an audible notifier in your profiles for every new Twitter/Facebook update?

c) Does the Facebook website say "via Mobile Web" when you update your profile via SocialScope?

d) Is SocialScope friendly with Hybrid/Beta 5.0 OS? If yes, on which device did you test this?

e) Can SocialScope present Unicode characters and will it allow you to use Unicode (e.g. Arabic)?

Thank you much.
    - shinkodachi
    Last edited by shinkodachi; 10-11-09 at 02:25 PM.
    10-11-09 02:22 PM
    hi,

I've been waiting for roughly a couple of weeks for my SocialScope invite now... Seeing how much attention it has got from everyone and how the select few beta testers praise it I am really excited about it. If someone with SocialScope already can take a couple of minutes to answer my questions I would be really glad!

a) Will SocialScope use WiFi if there is no other active data connection (WiFi-only mode)?

b) Can you set an audible notifier in your profiles for every new Twitter/Facebook update?

c) Does the Facebook website say "via Mobile Web" when you update your profile via SocialScope?

d) Is SocialScope friendly with Hybrid/Beta 5.0 OS? If yes, on which device did you test this?

e) Can SocialScope present Unicode characters and will it allow you to use Unicode (e.g. Arabic)?

Thank you much.
    - shinkodachi
    Only one I was sure of

d) I'm using Socialscope on OS 5.0. Works just fine
    10-11-09 02:37 PM
    I'll take a couple.
    A. I turned my network off and just left wifi on and ss updated fine. So I guess the answer is yes.
    B. The only notification options in the settings are for replys and dm's. This doesn't bother me as I get approx 50 new updates every 5 mins so I don't want it sounding except for items meant specifically for me.
    D. I too am using it on a 8900 on 5.0.238 with no issues.

Maybe someone else can help with the other questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 03:41 PM
    hi,

Thank you much.
    - shinkodachi
    A. No

B. Yes

C. It says SocialScope by default.

D. Yes

E. Not Sure.
    10-11-09 03:51 PM
    Thank you for the answers, but we have some mixed results here:

Can someone give me a definite answer for the WiFi question? One user reports SocialScope works with WiFi and one user says the opposite.

WiFi is most important to me, if SocialScope can't use it I won't need it either.

Thanks again!
    10-12-09 12:09 AM
    I can confirm that Socialscope does work with Wi-Fi. I turned off all connections except Wi-Fi, went into Socialscope, hit L and it grabbed all the new tweets and status updates
    10-12-09 03:29 AM
    a) Yes SocialScope works without a data account via WiFi

b) Yup you have a lot of control over notification...every tab can have its own notification setting.

c) It shows up as a normal status update, sometime Facebook adds via SocialScope sometimes it doesn't.

d) We don't officially support it, but people do run it on 5.0

e) Yup, but the unicode charset on the bb is very limited
    10-22-09 07:30 PM
    Here's a dumb question. . . How long did it take before each of u received your invites. . . Cause I can't WAIT!!!

10-22-09 08:21 PM
    Like 5 months. Hahaha Actually I'm still waiting for that one. I reregistered with a different email and I got it the same day.

10-22-09 08:29 PM
    i just wanted to jump in here and just say i love my socialscope, lol
    10-22-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD