A friend of mine said she sent me a direct (private 1 to 1) message to me thru facebook. I haven't seen it come thru on SocialScope on my berry 9700. I see the private message in my inbox on a computer (FB site), but not getting notification of message on Social Scope....yet!

Where is this message supposed to show up anyways?

What is the mail icon b/w the @ and t (for twitter) supposed to be? When I click it, box is empty....

Help please!
    12-20-09 01:03 AM
    did u set up acct with SS for Fb ?
    12-20-09 01:11 AM
    Hmmm.. I didn't know that SS had an option for the fb inbox.
    12-20-09 01:12 AM
    SS doesn't have the option to access ur inbox at all

It only gives you status updates and when someone reples or comments on ur status or photos comment or wall ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-09 01:26 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can't access your inbox from SS. This is why a lot of people (myself included) keep the actual FB app installed on the phone as well. SS gives you complete control over Twitter but not so much over FB. Having that app allows everything else.
    12-20-09 01:28 AM
    The FB app allows you to access your inbox now? Is there a new upgrade?
    12-20-09 01:31 AM
    The FB app allows you to access your inbox now? Is there a new upgrade?
    I have version 1.7.0.22 and I can send and receive messages within the FB app. I thought you always could though. Who knows.
    12-20-09 01:35 AM
    SS for Facebook is pointless... As crappy as the RIM FB app is, at least it gives notifications of private messages that are PUSHED to your bb. All notifications are pushed, thus reducing the battery drain that SS will put on you. IMO Socialscope is a worthless battery drain.

12-20-09 01:42 AM
    SS for Facebook is pointless... As crappy as the RIM FB app is, at least it gives notifications of private messages that are PUSHED to your bb. All notifications are pushed, thus reducing the battery drain that SS will put on you. IMO Socialscope is a worthless battery drain.

I don't have any battery drain from SS. I've read a couple of your posts in other threads and I started checking mine throughout a few days and I haven't noticed any. I wonder why it's so much on others.
    12-20-09 01:45 AM
    I don't have any battery drain from SS. I've read a couple of your posts in other threads and I started checking mine throughout a few days and I haven't noticed any. I wonder why it's so much on others.
    They probably don't have their settings fixed to be optimal for battery life. When I'm in a location where I'm not going to have access to a charger for a while, I set my SS to update manually, with the refresh on launch set to no. There's pretty much no battery drain then, and it only updates when I want it to. If I'm at home, of course, I set it on Auto.

12-20-09 02:41 AM
    The mail icon is for twitter direct messages. There is no option to get you FB inbox however with the lastest upgrade they did allow more access to FB features. I'm very pleased with the update

12-20-09 03:45 AM
    ^^ Zero memory drain with SS. For me. Has been steady at 120 mb since install (app memory)

12-20-09 07:02 AM
    yeah i too think fb for ss is pointless...if u want fb then switch to vodafone update...it is much better for fb
    12-20-09 07:32 AM
    Hi, I'm new to SS. Is there a way to edit the Retweets before posting? I sent an email to the Feedback email address, but don't think that they will get to it anytime soon as they sometimes take over a year to give out invites.

Also is there a way to actually "Close" the app? I click close & see that it's running in the background. Is the only alternative to "Logout?"

Lastly, is it my bb or is this App a battery drainer?
    05-19-10 03:15 PM
    Also is there a way to actually "Close" the app? I click close & see that it's running in the background. Is the only alternative to "Logout?"

No, you need to log out of the application. The app runs fine on my device with minimal battery drain, check to see how often the app polls for tweets, if you have it set to poll tweets every five or ten minutes, there's your problem. I have mine set to poll tweets once an hour...
    05-19-10 03:19 PM

No.

and

It doesn't drain my battery anymore than normal.
    05-19-10 03:21 PM
    No, you need to log out of the application. The app runs fine on my device with minimal battery drain, check to see how often the app polls for tweets, if you have it set to poll tweets every five or ten minutes, there's your problem. I have mine set to poll tweets once an hour...
    I'll make the change. I am loving the App. It's just the battery drain.
    Thanks.
    05-19-10 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD