So, does anybody else think that it is lame that they opened up Socialscope Lite for download for all of a few hours, rather than emailing the people that are actually on the waiting list to alpha test? I'm really angry with them. I'm sure at some point I'll get access to and try their app, but I hope they never charge for it, because their elitist attitude makes me wanna pay someone else for a lesser app before I give them dime one. Thoughts?
    05-02-09 03:20 AM
    :-/ I would probably be a little mad too if i was in your position but I check twitter like every 5 mins and got the update to the app that I was looking for. Got my girlfriend into the app too.. waiting sucks.

I hear their servers got hammered so maybe once they fix a few things they'll open it back up?
    05-02-09 03:23 AM
    I feel like a **** complaining about not getting a free app. Maybe its just built up frustration from waiting so long for facebook 1.5? :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 03:39 AM
    well tbh the app isn't worth paying for. don't get me wrong, it's good, but for what it does it's not worth money... that's why most if not all the twitter apps are free. but it is stupid that they didn't bother to email people that have signed up months ago (including myself) a shot at it first.

like skitch said, they're probably having server probs. no telling how many people downloaded it.

as for being pissed you didn't get to download it... gotta be in the right place at the right time.
    05-02-09 03:42 AM
    Just so you know...it was all an accident.

SocialScope Lite was never meant to be made public BUT it does mean that very possibly, it will be getting a full and proper public release soon with two versions, Full and Lite.

So calm down, and lay off Ubiquitous Systems...it will be available to everyone when they want it to be. As for the closed Alpha test, having it closed allows for less random crap feedback and makes it easier to filter out the important bugs which people are finding.
    05-02-09 04:34 AM
    Just so you know...it was all an accident.

SocialScope Lite was never meant to be made public BUT it does mean that very possibly, it will be getting a full and proper public release soon with two versions, Full and Lite.

So calm down, and lay off Ubiquitous Systems...it will be available to everyone when they want it to be. As for the closed Alpha test, having it closed allows for less random crap feedback and makes it easier to filter out the important bugs which people are finding.
    I don't necessarily agree with more testers bringing less valuable feedback. Look at how Uber has been running it. They seem very responsive to all reasonable requests testers are making.

I think, to a degree, the way Ubiquitous has gone about it is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, they have been able to generate a lot of buzz. On the other hand, they are gonna have to really spit out a phenomenal finished product to satisfy the waiting public.

I wonder why they don't publicize their other offering (bit.lify) which is the perfect complement to SocialScope.
    05-02-09 07:47 AM
    I saw their updates on Twitter as well, but thought it was an upgrade for existing users. Now I'm bugged I missed out. I don't really blame SocialScope for how they're doing it. They've given away plenty of invites on engadget and other blogs. Tweet Genius on the other hand are elitist...and they go and call potential users jerks when they call them on it! Can someone confirm that Tweet Genius is something to do with Boy Genius? I really hope beta 2 of Ubertwitter is as promised so I don't have to look anywhere. Just have Twitterberry as a back up and I'll be ok.

05-02-09 07:54 AM
    Yep... I heard about the TweetGenius folks calling people jerks. Not cool.
    05-02-09 08:00 AM
    actually, it was.
    Last edited by ninja please; 05-03-09 at 01:27 AM.
    05-02-09 08:09 PM
    yeah it is pretty annoying, the whole invite thing, i missed out on the invite thing and i've been on the wait list for months now, if they even keep track of it. accident or not, the situation sucks, i feel ya there.

i would love to find a twitter app that i actually i like. i don't care for any of the ones that are currently out, so i'd love to see something that has a nice user interface that looks great on a pearl . (most look terrible, words get cut out, etc.)

ah well, i guess all we can do it wait.
    Last edited by redsoxrocker; 05-02-09 at 09:54 PM.
    05-02-09 09:37 PM
    I'm sorry for everyone who hasn't been able to get in. I got invited way back when it first came out, and I still don't even know how (I never applied, just got an email one day inviting me into the beta).
    I'm wondering what their approval process is.
    05-02-09 09:49 PM
    I'm sorry for everyone who hasn't been able to get in. I got invited way back when it first came out, and I still don't even know how (I never applied, just got an email one day inviting me into the beta).
    I'm wondering what their approval process is.
    You're gonna get folks even madder LOL!
    05-02-09 10:08 PM
    They had an old tweet a long time ago, saying if you sent them a DM on their twitter, it'd help you get selected. That's how I got my invite, but this was ages ago though. Ymmv

05-03-09 02:45 AM
    Try not to let it put you off, it's worth the wait.
    05-03-09 04:17 AM
    I saw their updates on Twitter as well, but thought it was an upgrade for existing users. Now I'm bugged I missed out. I don't really blame SocialScope for how they're doing it. They've given away plenty of invites on engadget and other blogs. Tweet Genius on the other hand are elitist...and they go and call potential users jerks when they call them on it! Can someone confirm that Tweet Genius is something to do with Boy Genius? I really hope beta 2 of Ubertwitter is as promised so I don't have to look anywhere. Just have Twitterberry as a back up and I'll be ok.

Yeah me too.. I should've clicked on the dang link. Why didn't I? Rawr!

Oh well, ubertwitter makes me happy.
    05-03-09 10:19 AM
    Try not to let it put you off, it's worth the wait.
    See, this is what's frustrating. Everybody else gets to tell me its worth the wait, meanwhile they don't have to wait at all. You know what would fix all of this? Why doesn't RIM just make an offical Twitter app like they have done with MySpace and Facebook? Although that guarantees a long wait, I would think that's gotta be in the works.

05-03-09 03:18 PM
    Why doesn't RIM just make an offical Twitter app like they have done with MySpace and Facebook? Although that guarantees a long wait, I would think that's gotta be in the works.

you can pretty much guarantee that rim's twitter app will be a horrible, bloated app that ruins calendars or something
    05-03-09 03:28 PM
    See, this is what's frustrating. Everybody else gets to tell me its worth the wait, meanwhile they don't have to wait at all. You know what would fix all of this? Why doesn't RIM just make an offical Twitter app like they have done with MySpace and Facebook? Although that guarantees a long wait, I would think that's gotta be in the works.

Actually I had to wait till they did the whole SocialScope lite release and the app is DEFINITELY worth the wait.

To me UberTwitter is just as nice as SocialScope (If you haven't received the invite). Good things come, to those who wait.

Also, you basically have to be on your toes when software companies release stuff.

-Luis
    05-03-09 03:47 PM

I was on the waiting list for a couple of months. I was just lucky enough to catch the posts on the forums and on Twitter while it was still possible to sign up.

05-03-09 03:54 PM
    you can pretty much guarantee that rim's twitter app will be a horrible, bloated app that ruins calendars or something
    I admit, the same sentiment crossed my mind...
    05-03-09 04:02 PM
    Keep the faith people! If ubertwitter does everything he says he will in beta 2, then socialscope and tweet genius have got some competition on their hands. The burden of proof is on them when they finally release a product after all the hype. Ubertwitter is also thinking about making a paid or 'pro' version of the app...it HAS to be good for it to cost.

05-03-09 05:50 PM
    I feel like a **** complaining about not getting a free app. Maybe its just built up frustration from waiting so long for facebook 1.5? :-)

Oh that so stinks. I've been waiting for this too and had no idea that the alpha testing group has come and gone all ready. WTF...

Guess the ol' saying "snooze & lose" is very appropriate here.
    05-03-09 06:33 PM
    honestly none of these companies have a duty to let everyone in to test.

Ubertwitter is open, great, but it also has a lot of bugs and 1,000 people (a guess) trying to give them feedback at the same time. its a lot easier when u have say 100 people to organize that feedback into results. Some companies have more resources to organize feedback, some of these companies are a 1 or 2 man show. Gotta give them time and let them do it their way to get it progressing best for them

And to tweetgenius, i did see their comments on twitter and they were completely rude and unprofessional, no matter what a user says about their product. So far theyve provided 100% hype and no screenshots, details, or product. I question their dedication to making a good product not giving any details or screenshots of a working version. If they dont wanna release it to many testers, great, but you cant run on hype forever people want details of the product or theyll choose another.
    Last edited by stuaw11; 05-03-09 at 07:25 PM.
    05-03-09 07:23 PM
    So I finally got my hands on socialscope and I was SO wrong. I would gladly pay for this app! :-)

05-03-09 07:24 PM
    ill be fine with a ubertwitter update thanx
    05-03-09 07:50 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD