I have been using Ubertwitter for a while and I love it. But a week ago, I have received an invitation to download SocialScope Lite beta. Man, it is a fantastic app for both Twitter and Facebook. Accessing BOTH sites with just ONE app!

I believe it is by far the best Twitter app that can seriously challenge the supremacy of Ubertwitter. And in my humble opinion, it is probably better than Ubertwitter for the following reasons:

1. The GUI is great. It has wider bar for each tweet as compared to Ubertwitter.

2. It display user's picture better than Ubertwitter. Very often, Ubertwitter cannot display all the users' pictures on my Storm, and all I got are a bunch of default brown icons.

3. SocialScope Lite allows you to create Groups. That is extremely helpful!

4. I like the fact that when I click on a tweet to open it up in full screen, any shortened URL is reversed back to full URL. This is BIG DEAL to me. It helps me to identify the TRUE location of the web site. I am always nervous about clicking on those shortened URLs. Because I don't know where it is taking me to. It could potentially lead me to a shady web site with embedded automation scripts written by hackers.

So if the developer of Ubertwitter is reading this post, you have some catch-up to do.
    Last edited by substring; 08-08-09 at 01:28 AM.
    08-08-09 01:00 AM
    more feedback on SocialScope Lite....

All the updates from people in Twitter and from my friends in Facebook are displayed on one screen. The more I use SocialScope Lite, the more I like it.

It is still in beta. Can't wait when it goes into public release.
    08-08-09 10:07 AM
    The more I use SocialScope Lite, the more I like it.

It is still in beta. Can't wait when it goes into public release.
    Welcome to the party! lol
    08-08-09 10:14 AM
    Socialscope times out every once and a while. Ubertwitter is cool for now. I have socialscope but uninstalled it due to it being unstable.
    08-08-09 02:15 PM
    Socialscope times out every once and a while. Ubertwitter is cool for now. I have socialscope but uninstalled it due to it being unstable.
    I've never experienced that, and haven't heard of anyone else experiencing that...did you report it to feedback @socialscope.net ?
    08-08-09 02:21 PM
    Me too. I have not had such timeout problem. Anyway, IT IS A BETA VERSION and it does display a disclaimer when you launch the app that it might not be stable.

So far I have not experienced any major problem with this app. But I have sent them a lot of suggestion on improving the app though. After all, they are inviting you as a beta tester and you are supposed to give feedback.
    Last edited by substring; 08-08-09 at 03:42 PM.
    08-08-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD