People of Earth: We�ve been getting a lot of questions about the SocialScope beta process and want to address them.
    First, no one should feel left out because they haven�t received an invite or are running a different version then someone else. As the beta progresses every one will be upgraded and more users will be added.
    Second, we�re always seeding new versions of the app to small groups of users to test, tune and tweak SocialScope. Keeping the test groups small allow us to work closely with these users; making changes that would otherwise drive you cray and lead to overwhelming number of support emails for us. This is an iterative process that can take many versions until its ready for a wider group of users.
    Finally, we�ve tried to be as inclusive as possible leading to a very very large private beta. That means we can�t respond to every email or @reply (we wish we could, but we�re a small team), but your feedback is really valuable to us and we read every email we get. �How do you select users to seed versions to?� Its largely random, but sometimes based on device type and carrier if we�re trying to track down a specific issue. �How long will it take for me to get version x?� We can�t give you a date, but as soon as its ready you�ll get an upgrade notice within the app. �I haven�t even gotten an invite yet�� We�re constantly expanding the beta when a spot opens up or the app is released publicly we�ll let you know.
    Finally follow us http://twitter.com/socialscope and become a fan at http://facebook.com/socialsocpe to stay up to date with our latest news.

-Team Conan er SocialScope

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-10 03:40 PM
    I'm done with Socialscope!
    01-18-10 04:02 PM
    What a load of BS...
    01-18-10 04:10 PM
    I've been waiting for over 6 months for an invite..... I've been so super patient and this just feels like a slap in the face when I'm willing to spend my time testing out their product and give my feedback.
    01-18-10 04:18 PM
    The exact reason i've been using VodaFone Update for MONTHS.... SCREW Social Scope... The SS was bad in the fourties and it's bad now..

01-18-10 04:25 PM
    I've been waiting for over 6 months for an invite..... I've been so super patient and this just feels like a slap in the face when I'm willing to spend my time testing out their product and give my feedback.
    Many are in the same boat as you, including me. This is without a doubt the worst customer service of any application I know of. I think these guys are a lot more "Small Time" than we think. They can't handle all the users I believe...
    01-18-10 04:25 PM
    I'm all for Ubertwitter hopefully they can add FaceBook to their app soon
    01-18-10 04:27 PM
    I'm all for Ubertwitter hopefully they can add FaceBook to their app soon
    I just deleted SS and bought UT (ad free version). I'm gonna support the developers that are proactive!

I too, hope they incorporate FB, because I had to re-install the native FB app as well....
    01-18-10 04:31 PM
    What kind of a "team" is this ss? One guy in his mother's basement? UT FTW. When SS goes public they better have every option possibly available and not one bug with this kind of testing.
    01-18-10 04:32 PM
    Gee, they say they're all so busy but that didn't stop one of their so called developers from spotting a random tweet of mine criticizing them and then taking the time to look up my user info to delete me from the beta. What a load of crap!
    01-18-10 04:42 PM
    Gee, they say they're all so busy but that didn't stop one of their so called developers from spotting a random tweet of mine criticizing them and then taking the time to look up my user info to delete me from the beta. What a load of crap!
    LOL, they hit you with the ban hammer, shouldda used an alt account!
    01-18-10 04:47 PM
    Shesh people its just an app! At least they are trying to explain.

01-18-10 04:48 PM

True PK, it is just an app, but what other app has been in beta THIS long? I cant think of any! It's apparent that their customer service is lacking tremendously. What's so wrong with people voicing their issues?
    01-18-10 04:53 PM
    The exact reason i've been using VodaFone Update for MONTHS.... SCREW Social Scope... The SS was bad in the fourties and it's bad now..

Yes I use Vodafone update as well. Doesn't work THAT well, but ya, it's cool.
    01-18-10 04:59 PM
    I'm glad people are finally seeing how it really is with this. I was also hit with the ban hammer. I hope they fail.
    01-18-10 05:16 PM
    Geez you ppl need to calm down. If you freak out about this much for an app for a phone..you need to get a life.

Social Scope doesn't have to have a beta program and they could wait till the product is ready to release to everyone. But they choose a certain amount of people on different types of phones, to test their product. They probably don't need 50k people to test the program.

You act like you paid for the program and they didnt send it. Its a free app, you aren't guaranteed anything from a free product. I'm sure with all the bugs and improving the app, it takes a lot of time. And I agree that they are working to put out a great FULL product and not a half *** one.

Either way, im a user of SS and its a great product.
    01-18-10 05:45 PM
    Geez you ppl need to calm down. If you freak out about this much for an app for a phone..you need to get a life.

Social Scope doesn't have to have a beta program and they could wait till the product is ready to release to everyone. But they choose a certain amount of people on different types of phones, to test their product. They probably don't need 50k people to test the program.

You act like you paid for the program and they didnt send it. Its a free app, you aren't guaranteed anything from a free product. I'm sure with all the bugs and improving the app, it takes a lot of time. And I agree that they are working to put out a great FULL product and not a half *** one.

Either way, im a user of SS and its a great product.
    they could just tell people the truth, instead, and that would be far better.

I just deleted SS and bought UT (ad free version). I'm gonna support the developers that are proactive!

I too, hope they incorporate FB, because I had to re-install the native FB app as well....
    i paid for ut too, just cause i felt they deserved my support.

i nevr removed the native FB app since it syncs pictures to my contacts :P

True PK, it is just an app, but what other app has been in beta THIS long? I cant think of any! It's apparent that their customer service is lacking tremendously. What's so wrong with people voicing their issues?
    trillian astra ? :P

Yes I use Vodafone update as well. Doesn't work THAT well, but ya, it's cool.
    does it work for the storms >?
    01-18-10 05:48 PM
    they could just tell people the truth, instead, and that would be far better.

01-18-10 06:01 PM
    Gmail was in beta for 5 years...then theres Google Voice, Google Wave.
    01-18-10 06:01 PM

It's called UberTwitter...not UberTwitterFacebook
    01-18-10 06:07 PM

Considering nobody has paid a dollar for it, SS doesnt need to explain anything to anyone.
    01-18-10 06:12 PM
    It's called UberTwitter...not UberTwitterFacebook
    They could try to incorprate it if they wish to, which wouldn't be a bad idea. Also people are just voicing their opinions, just as you are. I suggest you stop trying to be the SocialScope superman, like I've seen you do on every SocialScope thread that pops up. This is the internet, anything goes...
    01-18-10 06:12 PM
    Q: About UberTwitter. Do you just "deal" with unread tweets that you have already read on a desktop twitter client and visa-versa? Or do you use UT exclusively for Twitter and forgo using a desktop client?

It would drive me insane having a mobile twitter client that did not sync read/unread status with my desktop client.
    01-18-10 06:13 PM
    They could try to incorprate it if they wish to, which wouldn't be a bad idea. Also people are just voicing their opinions, just as you are. I suggest you stop trying to be the SocialScope superman, like I've seen you do on every SocialScope thread that pops up. This is the internet, anything goes...
    It was never "voicing opinions", all I see is "complaining/whining". I'm sure anything goes since this is the open web, but ranting and gathering together with fellow whiners won't get you anywhere, especially not a SS invite/update.
    01-18-10 06:29 PM
    It was never "voicing opinions", all I see is "complaining/whining". I'm sure anything goes since this is the open web, but ranting and gathering together with fellow whiners won't get you anywhere, especially not a SS invite/update.
    I could give two sh@ts less about the update, it's the support that is the issue. It's just funny that I always see the same people in the SocialScope threads telling everyone they're making a big deal out of it and it's a beta or it's free. Seems those people are the ones who have it, which makes it easy to tell people to chill out. You just like to straight up flaunt on the SocialScope threads that you have it. That is why I'm calling you out...
    01-18-10 06:34 PM
126 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD