Ill be deleting the crap and reinstalling facebook for bb app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-11 02:10 AM
    Even the snaptu facebook app is better than ss.

02-21-11 02:19 AM
    It all depends on personal preference. I still feel SocialScope is fine

Good luck with your choice.
    02-21-11 05:02 AM
    Social Scope is brilliant! Deleted the facebook, twitter and Foursquare App.
    02-21-11 05:18 AM
    Agreed. It's a fine app, but i really don't see how it beats the official twitter and facebook apps. The "private beta" hype makes the letdown even more high. Alright if you absolutely need one app that integrates both fb and twitter, but not nearly as polished as i thought it'd be. ubersocial, minus the ads, is a better twitter app by far.
    02-21-11 05:58 AM
    It all depends on personal preference. I still feel SocialScope is fine
    *agreed*
    02-21-11 06:03 AM
    I like keeping everything in one place.
    02-21-11 06:55 AM
    Ill be deleting the crap and reinstalling facebook for bb app.

Care to elaborate why you hated the app so much?

For me.. it's a really fine app. The twitter section (which is it's main feature) is excellent.. comparable to UberSocial. Even better since I can't even send pic using UberSocial now..

The Facebook section is not as 'powerful' as the native FB4BB app. But If you're only posting statuses, giving comments, posting pics.. It's all there.. In my case, It even manages to show comments given by others better than the native app.

Been using it over a year already.. and I still prefer socialscope's clean interface compared to ubertwitter's 'busy' interface. But it's all depends on personal preference..
    02-21-11 07:38 AM
    Ok so you downloaded the App expecting what ?? I bet you didn't even try and figure out all the features that's there within the app , the only thing that the app needs is Push notifications and it already does a good job at pulling tweets

02-21-11 08:54 AM
    Totally agree with you there I love using ss

Care to elaborate why you hated the app so much?

For me.. it's a really fine app. The twitter section (which is it's main feature) is excellent.. comparable to UberSocial. Even better since I can't even send pic using UberSocial now..

The Facebook section is not as 'powerful' as the native FB4BB app. But If you're only posting statuses, giving comments, posting pics.. It's all there.. In my case, It even manages to show comments given by others better than the native app.

Been using it over a year already.. and I still prefer socialscope's clean interface compared to ubertwitter's 'busy' interface. But it's all depends on personal preference..
    02-21-11 09:07 AM
    I favor SS. Everything in one place and I love the tabbed search lists. I have one for family friends where regardless of whether it's twitter, FB or a 4square update I see all their posts, another just for BB updates, one just for coupons, etc. the latest update allows me to search for FB friends, which prior to that was a drawback. the vendor also makes steady updates to the software.
    Still, as others have stated, it's a personal preference thing.
    02-21-11 09:12 AM
    I really like SocialScope. I no longer use my native FB and Twitter apps.

Besides, I don't know the last time I actually regularly received notifications from the FB app. SocialScope takes care all of that.

However, whenever I just want to tweet, I use Uber... Social.

SocialScope does need an UI facelift, though
    02-21-11 09:40 AM
    I have not tried social scope, but I am curious how they stay in business if they have been beta for a couple of years?
    02-21-11 11:12 AM
    are those of you loving ss, are you using the lite version or the full version? also, what is the difference? i have the lite and barely use it. the app is really good for twitter and ok for facebook. i just find myself still going to the facebook site though.
    02-21-11 01:12 PM
    I've gotten the invite for SS and downloaded it but when I try and start the app it gives me an error. I have deleted the app and re installed it, still same problem. Can anyone help me out with this?

02-21-11 01:54 PM
    I just download SS Lite today. I really like it. In fact, I deleted the Twitter and Facebook app from my phone. Having everything, including Foursquare all in one app is really nice. Once I get all the settings figured out, I could see myself sticking with it.
    02-21-11 03:01 PM
    Ok so you downloaded the App expecting what ?? I bet you didn't even try and figure out all the features that's there within the app , the only thing that the app needs is Push notifications and it already does a good job at pulling tweets

Well there's one right there you just noted, no push.

I was expecting it to be better than the native facebook and twitter app combined, which is what I kept hearing before trying it myself. But it isn't. In the Facebook side, it doesn't show how many comments/likes a post has unless you click on it. NOtifications didn't seem to work with Berrybuzz.

It doesn't let you change the font. The UI is dated compared to Ubersocial and even the official app (the latest leak .13 is even better now).

I'm glad they opened up the beta finally, perhaps more feedback will motivate them to improve it more, because it does have potential.
    02-21-11 03:08 PM
    You need to change the font? Really?
    02-21-11 03:36 PM
    Some of the things that I like about SocialScope are the ability to Mute things. I don't need to know how someone is doing with their Farmville app, and I don't care about their virtual pets. Since SS lets you mute apps (and people), I can have a much cleaner FB feed.

Plus, SS let you see your Pages, and even post to your own pages. I didn't get rid of the native app, since it does a better job of notifications, but for reading feeds, posting to pages, and having a clean look, SS is much better.
    02-21-11 03:46 PM
    When you say better job of notifcations, how so? I'm not saying SS is or isn't better I'm just looking at the notification settings so I'm curious as to what's missing?

02-21-11 03:55 PM
    -_- and you made a posting telling us u hate the app ...why?
    02-21-11 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD