07-03-13 02:59 PM
32 12
tools
    All my twitter feeds are gone too. FB and Flickr is still coming in though. I sent them an email last Wednesday, no word yet. I do hope they fix the twitter feed. I don't expect app updates, when was this last updated anyways and since they have recently said they discontinued support for the BB app but just make the twitter feed work again. This was posted by lalunanegra,
    "We no longer support Socialscope for Blackberry. As a courtesy we do our
    best to keep it running, but we are not actively supporting it. If you
    would like to see what we're focused on now try Scope for Android."
    I like it's UI. I'm looking for alternatives to SS.
    06-14-13 10:54 AM
    Sad news, they will not be fixing the Twitter feed problem on Socialscope. Apparently, Twitter has recently changed their API, retired v1 and have updated to v1.1, and the ol' Socialscope app is still using v1. The developers do not have resources to update SS to v1.1. Good news for the Scope app users though on Android (and those who can side load it to their BB10 devices), Twitter works for them.

I shall miss Socialscope on my phone. Anyone got alternatives, please do share.
    msmilktoast likes this.
    06-17-13 07:56 PM
    With that news, I guess I can go ahead and delete SocialScope. What a bummer! I've been using UberSocial. It doesn't have the option to save search tabs, but other than that it's the closest to SS in my opinion. Thanks for the update.
    06-17-13 08:35 PM
    I've gone ahead and signed out of the social networks in SS (don't forget to do that, I tried signing in to my sister's Android Scope app and saw it import all my accounts) and planning to delete it as well. Personally, I love Ubersocial for my main Twitter but use SS as well for my other accounts and to cross-post.
    06-17-13 08:55 PM
    I figured we were on borrowed time, though I never heard they were bailing on BB totally. Oh well, their loss. I never did get a response to my support email. Nice. So UberSocial is somewhat comparable?
    06-18-13 04:43 PM
    That's very disappointing to read, I really liked the socialscope app. I thought this would be temporary, might as well delete now...

Also, I guess there won't be as many people on CB asking for invites.
    Last edited by jake_870; 06-25-13 at 12:05 AM.
    06-24-13 11:43 PM
    Surprisingly the I want a Social Scope Invite threads are still going strong. Maybe they're just using the non-Twitter parts? The FB bit still worked for me, but I dumped the app, I use twitter a lot and fb not so much.
    07-03-13 02:59 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD