Yes I have searched and the only solution that said to have worked was changing your contact email in facebook.

Well I changed it and even deleted the old one from the email list. It did logged off SS from FB (after I removed the app as well) and now it's asking me to login.

This solution probably worked for most people but not for me since my account is a different (new) one, made after old one got hacked.

Whenever I tried to login with my new FB account SS is telling me that I have to be "My Name". And even when my new Facebook name is the same as my old one SocialScope is still not letting me in...I hope I was clear.

I think SS is comparing FB unique account ids (that Facebook uses to tell people with the same names apart) and since it's not my old account SocialScope just won't let me in.

I'd hate to think that this was intentional and that they purposely removed the option to delete Facebook so people...can't give away their SS accounts !? And since everyone has Facebook (compared to Twitter) they locked one SocialScope account to one FB account, forever ?!

So anyone managed to go around this ? SS is not replying. Also I'm wondering if there are any better app out there now ? SS is just not worth signing up again, the waiting...

Lastly what's the deal with SocialScope are they on hiatus or something or jumped ship to Android ? There's no SS Pro yet (just lite).
    Last edited by hahree; 05-08-11 at 10:44 AM. Reason: For clarity...
    05-07-11 06:02 AM
    I personally stopped using SocialScope about a month ago because of similar issues with Facebook. Plus, like you said, SS Support never responded to ANY of my messages so I said f*ck em and deleted it haha.

When I first setup SocialScope with my Facebook account, everything was working great. Then a situation acurred which resulted in me changing my password on FB and numerous other accounts. Afterwards, I went into SS to change/update my FB password and I couldn't. I tried to remove it and there was no option to. I then went on the web and removed SS from my approved apps list in FB account options. All anything i did was make it so SS just said there were no updates to the FB feed. I wasn't able to remove Facebook or update my password within SocialScope. Also being that SS Support never responded to any of my support requests, I just deleted the app and switched back to Twitter for BlackBerry

Granted our issue wasn't/isn't exactly the same, we both ended up in the same situation. UNABLE to REMOVE Facebook!!! And HAVE NOT gotten a response back from SocialScope! In my opinion, what's so great about an app that has ZERO support behind it!

I waited for a hot minute to get an invite and when I finally got one, I was pretty excited! There was a lot of hype behind it! But I feel like more of the hype was because, we as humans, we like what we can't have ha . Not to say SocialScope isn't a great app, a lot of people definitely like it. Personally, I think it has a lot of potential to be even better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 10:08 PM
    So there's no way. Damn, and I was so used to it.

You think I can download an old SS version that still had the delete button or does SS force you to update to the latest version? I don't remember.

O well Twitter 2.0 and Facebook 2.0 are by no means inferior.
    05-09-11 01:02 AM
    With the SocialFeeds app built in to OS7 and 6, socialscope got deleted real fast from my phone
    08-22-11 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD