im a little late to the socialscope party, but i just got it today. on my 9900, it's always in the background if i hold the menu button, even when i close it. is this eating away at my battery?? my refresh rate is set to manual, so it's not auto updating.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-26-12 01:19 PM
    If you're worried about battery life, you can close it by hitting the menu key and selecting Log Out- that will shut the application down no worries.

(waits for three pages of invite requests...)
    06-26-12 02:15 PM
    yeah, SocialScope runs in the background but it doesn't consume the battery much. I still get at least 12-15hrs of battery life daily.

Mine is set to refresh on Launch.
    06-26-12 02:22 PM
    Application Resource Monitor has not flagged SocialScope once and its resource usage numbers are low under Application Management. Suffice to say that I do not mind SocialScope in the background at all.
    06-26-12 02:26 PM
    ok thanks for the feedback guys. im such a battery saving freak. it sounds like i just need to live with it running if it doesn't make much noticeable difference...i don't want to log in every time i use the app.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-26-12 02:38 PM
    how do you even get invites? do they just show up randomly? I've had Socialscope for about 3months now.
    06-26-12 03:04 PM
    They just showed up randomly in each of my three accounts of which I have had for over two years. Maybe three years. Four invites per account.
    06-26-12 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD