I just got an invite and installed on my storm. I've noticed a memory leak all of a sudden. Anyone else getting one with this great app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 12:43 PM
    I just got an invite and installed on my storm. I've noticed a memory leak all of a sudden. Anyone else getting one with this great app?

How and where did you get an invite? Lucky
    07-18-09 12:48 PM
    Yea I am anxiously awaiting my invite.
    07-18-09 12:55 PM
    Tried to win the contest they had just the other day. Got the invite yesterday

07-18-09 03:12 PM
    ive had social scope for quite a few mos now and haven't noticed a memory leak.. boot up at 40mb's and after a full days use usually down about 3-4mb's. .151 with a lot of apps.
    07-18-09 04:13 PM
    I don't have a memory leak w/ it.

07-18-09 04:15 PM
    Can someone post the jad file so we can enjoy the greatness!
    07-18-09 04:18 PM
    I got turned off from SS when those who'd signed up and have been waiting for invites were ignored in favor of giving out invites in contests. People who have been waiting forever get passed over.

07-18-09 04:35 PM
    Ive had it for a few months now and have gone back and forth from my Bold to my unlocked Storm with it (running it on my Storm right now) and I am not noticing a huge leak on my Storm.
    07-18-09 04:37 PM
    I've been running it on my Storm for about 6 month and have no huge memory leaks.
    07-18-09 06:03 PM
    Can someone post the jad file so we can enjoy the greatness!
    Wouldn't matter if you had the jad because you need an account with them. Your Twitter and Facebook goes THROUGH THEIR SERVERS. This is why they couldn't add a ton of people and had to do so gradually. If they had added everyone then no one would be able to use it.

People don't seem to get that though and then they get pissy that it's taking forever to get an invite. As a user though, I will admit that their PR and CS could use some work. Have a feeling they only have 1 guy doin it and he's also doing some coding. They almost need someone specifically for the PR/CS job.
    07-18-09 06:28 PM
    I got turned off from SS when those who'd signed up and have been waiting for invites were ignored in favor of giving out invites in contests. People who have been waiting forever get passed over.

Very true. I signed up for an invite shortly after the program was announced. Just missed the cutoff. Been waiting ever since. At this point, I couldn't give a damn if I ever get one. Just a BS way of doing things.
    07-18-09 07:07 PM
    I run Socialscope AND ubertwitter
    07-18-09 07:56 PM
    People don't seem to get that though and then they get pissy that it's taking forever to get an invite. As a user though, I will admit that their PR and CS could use some work. Have a feeling they only have 1 guy doin it and he's also doing some coding. They almost need someone specifically for the PR/CS job.
    That's a sorry a$$ excuse. They have had people signed up for months,then when they give them away in a contest, or they give away 200 invites on a first come-first serve basis.Why didn't they send the invites out to people that signed up for it in the first place???What are they running for a server,a Mac Mini???

I've moved on,but I find that a very strange way to do business.
    07-18-09 08:18 PM
    I run Socialscope AND ubertwitter
    Why would you run both apps?

07-18-09 09:33 PM
    I requested an invite back in January lol. I really don't expect to ever see one. I just wish TweetDeck would bring a version to the Storm!

As far as OP's question about the memory leak...I haven't seen many complaints about this with SS.
    07-19-09 07:04 AM
    That's a sorry a$$ excuse. They have had people signed up for months,then when they give them away in a contest, or they give away 200 invites on a first come-first serve basis.Why didn't they send the invites out to people that signed up for it in the first place???What are they running for a server,a Mac Mini???

I've moved on,but I find that a very strange way to do business.
    Don't shoot the messenger. I'm not in any way involved other than in using it. Just wanted to let the poster above know that a jad file wouldn't get them any closer to having the app.
    07-19-09 06:18 PM
    Why would you run both apps?

Well, they both have unique features (I do the same). UT is quite nice as well.
    07-19-09 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD