I'd love some update love, I've been stuck on v 0.9.5.81 for quite awhile
    04-10-10 02:22 PM
    i keep coming back to SS.
    i have the official twitter app for BB and ubertwitter but SS is so much faster on retrieving tweets on my 8330. T4BB and UT takes sometimes minutes to do a complete retrieval.
    04-10-10 03:51 PM
    running .81 myself

just curious, for those on .44, do u have foursquare & flickr capabilities?
    04-10-10 11:47 PM
    SS = HUGE EPIC FAIL

From a couple of "wannabe developers"
    04-11-10 07:52 AM
    Has anyone recently gotten an invite from SS? I asked only because it's been months since I applied and I was wondering if they'd simply stopped giving invitations to the Beta?

Out of curiosity, I registered again for an invite. The canned response has changed. Initial response was to the effect that one might have to wait weeks for a response. Current response is less encouraging - suggests that one will be contacted "if a spot opens up or the app becomes publicly available". Whether you love SS or hate it, the one thing that seems pretty clear is that the likelihood of someone getting an invite at this stage seems pretty slim. Who knows, perhaps this is a sign that the app will soon be publicly available......
    Last edited by nfldberryuser; 04-11-10 at 11:28 AM. Reason: New information
    04-11-10 08:56 AM
    running .81 myself

just curious, for those on .44, do u have foursquare & flickr capabilities?
    .44 has only facebook and twitter, older UI and a few more bugs i think.

i have both .44 and .81 in banned state now (well, those were the versions before gettin banned, which makes the accounts show NO available version )
    04-11-10 01:13 PM
    Best twitter app by far. In my opinion.
    04-11-10 01:15 PM
    i tend to agree, i loved the app while i had it :P

to bad i got upset when the developer said the upgrade was given to random people and that everyone was gonna get it, but it was not so... so i started "telling the truth everywhere i could", and my .44 acc got banned...

then i stoped, and eventually traded tether (a code i had won, and never used because i went and tried the trial, and tether didn't work without the APN set in my country) for a .81, but that was banned a few days latter, either cause they monitor my twitter account, or because the previos owner started bashing SS on twitter, and his twitter name was the same name the account he gave me had :P
    04-11-10 02:26 PM
    .44 has only facebook and twitter, older UI and a few more bugs i think.

i have both .44 and .81 in banned state now (well, those were the versions before gettin banned, which makes the accounts show NO available version )
    that's really a shame .44 is missing fs & flickr.

although i loved and used ss for only fb & tw before joining fs, i love it even more now because i can integrate fs.

unlike many others, i personally don't really mind that i haven't been given the opportunity to update. however, seeing how .44 is missing fs & flickr i can understand the frustration of .44 users.
    04-11-10 04:58 PM
    that's really a shame .44 is missing fs & flickr.
    however, seeing how .44 is missing fs & flickr i can understand the frustration of .44 users.
    Exactly - I can understand rolling out an update over days/weeks, but when we are back on a version that is almost a yr old, with several newer/stable updates between - what do you want us to think about their 'Beta' process? Twitter has gained several new features over the past year and NONE of them are in .44 not to mention the integration with other social sites.

I really liked SS and wanted to keep using it, but when the new style of RT doesn't show up in my timeline - what use is it to me? Even reporting/suggesting that the feature be added is seemingly ignored, probably because it's been added to a newer version. You have to wonder how much 'noise' is added to the feature requests by those of us on an older version.
    04-11-10 07:45 PM
    Still on point .44 myself..

I use Twitter myself here and there (@ctsmith76), but use it more for FB.. Wish they'd let me out of the stone age!

It doesn't really matter in the end.. I'll have an EVO in my hand in a couple of months, and jettison BB.. C-ya, we hardly knew ye.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 07:22 PM
    they just updated everybody to 98
    04-30-10 09:07 PM
    Not everyone. Just checked for updates in my app and had nothing. Logged in through the web page and am still only offered .81. If you're trying to be a troll or funny, it's not cool.
    04-30-10 09:14 PM
    Maybe they just updated YOU, but I'm still on .81...smh
    04-30-10 09:17 PM
    lol well i was lookin on twitter and alot of ppl just got updated
    04-30-10 09:22 PM
    lol well i was lookin on twitter and alot of ppl just got updated
    Ohhh ok. Anyone of them mention what version they had previous to the .98 upgrade?
    04-30-10 09:25 PM
    Has anyone recently gotten an invite from SS? I asked only because it's been months since I applied and I was wondering if they'd simply stopped giving invitations to the Beta?

Out of curiosity, I registered again for an invite. The canned response has changed. Initial response was to the effect that one might have to wait weeks for a response. Current response is less encouraging - suggests that one will be contacted "if a spot opens up or the app becomes publicly available". Whether you love SS or hate it, the one thing that seems pretty clear is that the likelihood of someone getting an invite at this stage seems pretty slim. Who knows, perhaps this is a sign that the app will soon be publicly available......
    Was wondering if anyone ever responded to u? I tried to join also a while back and received a message that they I would receive an invite soon. Never have though

04-30-10 09:27 PM
    Ohhh ok. Anyone of them mention what version they had previous to the .98 upgrade?
    i didn't see nobody mention the previous version i know i had 81 before the update
    04-30-10 09:29 PM
    i was on .88 and i got the .98 update just now, ironically i was looking at this topic when i went to look.
    04-30-10 09:36 PM
    i didn't see nobody mention the previous version i know i had 81 before the update
    I don't have SS installed. Maybe you HAVE to have it installed in order to receive an update. I wish i knew the formula SS uses to issue the upgrades. I've just been checking periodically on the website to see if I've gotten one.
    04-30-10 09:45 PM
    Cool. I just received the alert for the upgrade. Coming from .81 to .98.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 05-01-10 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Quick typo fix...
    05-01-10 03:38 AM
    got the update notification a couple hours ago
    05-01-10 08:51 AM
    Just got my update notification. Rebooting now

waz on .81 now .98
    Last edited by lonestar1135; 05-01-10 at 09:59 AM.
    05-01-10 09:47 AM
    Anyone on .44 getting the update to .98. I'm just curious.

05-01-10 10:44 AM
    nope no update here yet!!! still on .44
    05-01-10 11:10 AM
288 ... 9101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD