To be fair details about SocialScope are pretty abundant:
    Sure, details surrounding the application are every where. You have still agreed not to discuss it, even though someone else may have broken the agreement your agreement with Ubiquitous is not changed.

I think the argument is that the version that many of us have is old and broken; we suggest fixes, or ask to be updated to a version that is fixed - but our requests seem to fall on deaf ears.

We are simply asking for the features that others who were updated already have and have talked about. I think there wouldn't be as much complaining if we all had been updated regularly. The complaining is coming from us who have been on the SAME version for almost a year.
    I can understand that stance and see why people in this position have been very outspoken. However, Ubiquitous has provided a way to contact them directly in the application. If that doesn't suit your needs, you can always take the email address provided and use it within a more functional client to elaborate your concerns or use one of the provided emails here >> getsocialscope.com/contact

I do see that this can be unsatisfying when the developer doesn't meet your standards on for a timely response, when you take these complaints public (therefore breaking your agreement in the program) you risk the possibility of Ubiquitous taking action, which most active people have noticed it's removal from the program.

My point is just that the complainers, while may have valid issues, are not using the system in place to voice complaints, provide feedback, send suggestions, or report bugs. They then complain about the valid actions taken on their accounts.
    03-18-10 09:48 PM
    Where/how can I get a copy?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 10:02 PM
    Where/how can I get a copy?

Of SocialScope? It's in private beta, getsocialscope.com
    03-18-10 10:03 PM
    I have left feedback using those mechanisms, requesting/suggested features, and mentioning bugs, never ONCE have I heard back, other than the automated email. I have never spoken about SocialScope. Never once did I receive any notification that a new version would be made available to fix the issues I was having.

AND when SocialScope is promoting that a new version IS available and those of us who have been providing feedback are left in the dark.... EG this RT on the socialscope timeline: Twitter / SocialScope: RT @DJGMAC: Randomness: th ...
    03-18-10 10:05 PM
    Found it - Here is their update saying that
    we know everyone is excited about the update, we're still sending invites and updates out as fast as we can
    Twitter / SocialScope: we know everyone is excite ...
    03-18-10 10:10 PM
    I have left feedback using those mechanisms, requesting/suggested features, and mentioning bugs, never ONCE have I heard back, other than the automated email. I have never spoken about SocialScope. Never once did I receive any notification that a new version would be made available to fix the issues I was having.
    I realize that you may have done that, I never said the frustration wasn't justified, but where did they tell *you* that they would upgrade you when I got it, or when Joe got it, or whoever got it.

I didn't mean to imply that you were breaking the agreement, just meant to say how those that do then complain and make it their daily mission to berate SocialScope and it's developers (to their personal twitter accounts) it's a bit out of line (in my opinion), since they did break the agreement, leaving them open to the ban/removal.

Complaining that they aren't responding or seeming to be ignoring users is fair game, I guess. I should've clarified a bit more.

AND when SocialScope is promoting that a new version IS available and those of us who have been providing feedback are left in the dark.... EG this RT on the socialscope timeline: twitter.com/socialscope/status/6849150152]Twitter / SocialScope: RT @DJGMAC: Randomness: th ...
    Found it - Here is their update saying that

twitter.com/socialscope/status/6781945638]Twitter / SocialScope: we know everyone is excite ...
    Yeah, they are promoting it and talking about a new version, but not providing details other than a new version, however, it is their beta program, they can allow exceptions for reviews, post teasers, whatever. We may not like it because we want that new version, life's not fair right?

I really do know where you and others are coming from, but I'm trying to stay within the rules they set forth, I like the application and don't want be banned from the beta program.

-- I edited your quotes just to remove the URL tags and the http prefix since I have less than 10 posts it's denying me from using complete URLs
    03-18-10 10:30 PM
    Agreed it IS their beta program - however they did tell everyone who is following them on Twitter that they are rolling out an update, so in effect they DID tell ME.

I understand that they might roll it out, but when they are saying they are going to broaden the userbase by sending out additional invites, they are saying we believe this to be stable enough to bring more people in.

So why leave those, who have been providing feedback, without any updates? Its been over 3 months since that tweet, I'm simply calling into question the "as quickly as we can" - how long does it take to roll out updates?

Life isn't fair and if they continue to treat their current users in this manner, then they will need to deal with the sometimes unfair criticism and damage to their reputation/brand.

SocialScope is a great application, however instead of making their "roll out" a win-win they have managed to create both good and negative "buzz". I think that by alienating their current users they have damaged their reputation more than any issues/bugs would have.
    03-19-10 09:48 AM
    Glad to see update is out! Just wish I can get a invite

03-19-10 03:31 PM
    Me too! I wish I could actually get an invite as well.
    03-19-10 07:22 PM
    SocialScope has been deleted from my device, I'm done with it. I'm all for UberTwitter now, it's the best application for Twitter in my opinion, way more features and runs better...
    03-19-10 07:44 PM
    I really love SocialScope but i kinda wish they would just update everybody that already has it. I feel bad for people who have been running .44 for like a year now, when i came 6 months ago and got .81. Its kind of like starting a job at a higher pay rate than those who worked there for 10 years....

And to me it doesn't make sense to have people report bugs that have already been fixed with the newer versions.. but still. I continue to use SocialScope!
    03-20-10 01:21 AM
    For so many..it just never happens. As in me...which sucks because I enjoyed SC, however, I have moved on and guess what...don't really miss it. I think they're going to find that out with a lot of old beta testers. There are too many up and coming Twitter clients to worry about whether or not your going to be one of the few that get an actual update to test since your a "so called" beta tester...what a joke! I guess I didn't understand what it meant to be a beta tester for Social Scope. I'm really enjoying Seesmic right now. The UI is very clean and responsive, it's fast and not a memory hog; plus you can have more than one account on Twitter which I enjoy. And as always, UberTwitter is amazing... a little too amazing for me though. I do enjoy the simplicity of Seesmic! So to those that have not received an invite.....no worriers, just look around!
    03-21-10 09:58 AM
    For so many..it just never happens. As in me...which sucks because I enjoyed SC, however, I have moved on and guess what...don't really miss it. I think they're going to find that out with a lot of old beta testers. There are too many up and coming Twitter clients to worry about whether or not your going to be one of the few that get an actual update to test since your a "so called" beta tester...what a joke! I guess I didn't understand what it meant to be a beta tester for Social Scope. I'm really enjoying Seesmic right now. The UI is very clean and responsive, it's fast and not a memory hog; plus you can have more than one account on Twitter which I enjoy. And as always, UberTwitter is amazing... a little too amazing for me though. I do enjoy the simplicity of Seesmic! So to those that have not received an invite.....no worriers, just look around!
    Same here... I have UT, Seesmic and the Blackberry twitter app..
    I will use UT once in a while if I want to use an advanced feature like the tweets around me one, and Seesmic for the ping.fm integration, but for simplicity and lack of batt drain the RIM app seems pretty good.. My wife likes the RIM one so much she deleted all the others off her phone completely and uses it alone.
    03-22-10 02:32 AM
    bringin back this thread. Is anyone here on the EXCLUSIVE beta? I am still on .81 but like most, you are lucky to be on...but never updated. There was alot of talk before and this seems to be dying quick. Are these fvckers still working on this or not? I mean the ss twitter and amit doesnt say one word on working on the product. Only thing amit does is say negative things about other products when his product wont be out before the Ipad3 and PS5 lol
    Last edited by binkyj1101; 04-09-10 at 11:59 AM.
    04-09-10 11:57 AM
    bringin back this thread. Is anyone here on the EXCLUSIVE beta? I am still on .81. There was alot of talk before and this seems to be dying quick. Are these fvckers still working on this or not? I mean the ss twitter and amit doesnt say one word on working on the product. Only thing amit does is say negative things about other products when his product wont be out before the Ipad3 lol
    Yes he's still working on it. I'm running .94.

04-09-10 11:59 AM
    Also, would love to drop this product cuz of no updates from product or developers...but love the twitter/facebook interface. Wish there was a DECENT facebook app. I tried to use the facebook app the other day and i couldnt even upload a damn photo.
    04-09-10 12:01 PM
    SocialScope is a joke, I honestly don't know why people waste their time with it...
    04-09-10 12:02 PM
    Yes he's still working on it. I'm running .94.

ahh a very lucky one! Do you on the top version even get updates on the product? I mean when a update or release will be?
    04-09-10 12:02 PM
    Has anyone received updates or know of anyone still getting invites.

04-09-10 12:09 PM
    I sent feedback yesterday, and got a response for the FIRST time. Lol Just how to fix problem

04-10-10 11:26 AM
    I switched to the official Twitter app from v.88. Mainly because SS is lacking in features nowadays. It especially has major issues with FB posts.
    04-10-10 11:34 AM
    i traded a tether code for a .81 account... and 3 days later they banned that .81 account :/
    04-10-10 01:20 PM
    ahh a very lucky one! Do you on the top version even get updates on the product? I mean when a update or release will be?
    No idea. Only time I know when an update is available is when I get a pop up in the app itself.

04-10-10 01:45 PM
    SocialScope is a joke, I honestly don't know why people waste their time with it...
    You don't like Socialscope. We get that. I don't think it's necessary to post in multiple threads multiple times informing everyone of this. I think we get it by now.

04-10-10 01:46 PM
    i traded a tether code for a .81 account... and 3 days later they banned that .81 account :/
    Nice.

10char
    04-10-10 01:53 PM
288 ... 89101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD