Same here. I had it for about two hours. Loved it. I even uninstalled the official foursquare app an ubertwitter. Then it told me to downgrade.

Definitely not cool. It's like dangling a carrot in front of a horse and then taking it away.
    02-04-10 04:56 PM
    I guess I'll keep it open for as long as I can then, given this recent development
    02-04-10 05:22 PM
    I sent feedback to socialscope, and they explained to me that .89 wasn't quite ready for release. They were kind enough to validate me to .88 until .89 is ready.
    02-04-10 06:14 PM
    So it's not ready. But if that'ss the case, why roll it out to begin with? Especially to people who weren't even running .88 yet. It makes me mad.

They have a great product, but don't seem to be so great a company.
    02-04-10 07:09 PM
    I think its basically they are more concerned bout making a great product better than customer service now. Being in Beta they don't have to guarentee jack sh!t

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 07:30 PM
    Thought I would add my 2 cents..
    SocialScope really is a nice product, I hope to continue to use it.

My wife is jealous and still waiting for her invite. She is still on UT.

I previously used Ubertwitter and switched over. However it has been a long time since there has been any updates and it would be nice to have access to some of the newer features. Here's hoping for an upgrades soon.

I personally haven't had any issues with the dev team and as a developer I can understand the frustration when users start demanding they are somehow entitled to the latest release.
    02-04-10 07:44 PM
    Thought I would add my 2 cents..
    SocialScope really is a nice product, I hope to continue to use it.

My wife is jealous and still waiting for her invite. She is still on UT.

I previously used Ubertwitter and switched over. However it has been a long time since there has been any updates and it would be nice to have access to some of the newer features. Here's hoping for an upgrades soon.

I personally haven't had any issues with the dev team and as a developer I can understand the frustration when users start demanding they are somehow entitled to the latest release.
    Good point. Well said.
    02-04-10 08:25 PM
    unbelievable ss has been updated to .89 (.44 here) really dont understand the pick and choose they do smh!!!!! new ppl are still getting it and some old users are are stuck on .44, and some .81
    02-04-10 08:32 PM
    I can understand the frustration when users start demanding they are somehow entitled to the latest release.
    That's fine. But people waiting patiently only to have their accounts downgraded again after less than a day is a different story.
    02-04-10 09:20 PM
    That's fine. But people waiting patiently only to have their accounts downgraded again after less than a day is a different story.
    It was downgraded because .89 wasnt ready to come out yet. I dont know why they put it out but they did. Hopefully everyone that was downgraded, will be put back once its ready.
    02-04-10 09:31 PM
    I agree that its frustrating when users demand they are entitled to a new release.. BUT, it is also frustrating for testers (and COUNTER PRODUCTIVE to programmers) to pick and choose selected testers to get newer versions, and leave two or three versions out being tested.
    02-04-10 10:54 PM
    hello all! i own a verizon BB 8830, got it as a gift from my gf. i am in aruba, and had it unlocked and been using it via gsm for almost a year on prepaid plan for blackberry from digicel on Aruba. since 3 days ago my plan ran out so i had to reactivate, but suddenly the BB will not let me send out the request message, when i try to dial it, it calls the number instead of sending out the request. does this for everything having to send request, for checking my balance, even for topping up the phone, it does not send the request, instead i dials the number i send out as request! i tried checking with digicel customer service, they have no solution. Verizon will do nothing due that they say i have to be a active client of theirs, which is impossible since verizon does not cover our island!!! has someone had similar issues?? or can someone help??? please email me at jairovtromp---gmail.com will appreciate the help!
    02-04-10 10:55 PM
    hello all! i own a verizon BB 8830, got it as a gift from my gf. i am in aruba, and had it unlocked and been using it via gsm for almost a year on prepaid plan for blackberry from digicel on Aruba. since 3 days ago my plan ran out so i had to reactivate, but suddenly the BB will not let me send out the request message, when i try to dial it, it calls the number instead of sending out the request. does this for everything having to send request, for checking my balance, even for topping up the phone, it does not send the request, instead i dials the number i send out as request! i tried checking with digicel customer service, they have no solution. Verizon will do nothing due that they say i have to be a active client of theirs, which is impossible since verizon does not cover our island!!! has someone had similar issues?? or can someone help??? please email me at jairovtromp---gmail.com will appreciate the help!
    Dude, I think you may have got the wrong thread.
    02-05-10 06:20 AM
    Back on topic, I can honestly say I'm glad I don't use this app, what a bunch of id1ots running the place, I mean c'mon these people sound like they don't have a clue as to what they are doing.

As far as updating the beta versions go, it's the first time I've ever seen any developer pick and choose who gets the newer versions. When I've tested beta's whenever an update for a beta was out it was given for all beta testers to test.

All I can say is "Good Luck people and I hope it is worth the hassle".
    02-05-10 06:25 AM
    They also refused to give any sort of timeline as to when all the updates would be rolled out, saying it was "done randomly" for "security reasons" (which I don't quite grasp). But even if it was done randomly, would they not have the algorithm that tells them how many updates are issues per day coupled with the amount of users since it's a closed beta?

I don't know. It seems like it's been handled a little sloppy.
    02-05-10 08:20 AM
    ...I'll never get the SS update. I've had .41 forever and it's been 3 months since they started giving out the updates

I deleted it and went back to using UberTwitter. I'll re-download SS when it's finally out of beta.
    02-05-10 10:24 AM
    I sent feedback to socialscope, and they explained to me that .89 wasn't quite ready for release. They were kind enough to validate me to .88 until .89 is ready.
    I have no problem with it being pulled if it's not ready. Just wish they would have done this for me as well. :-(
    02-05-10 11:05 AM
    I love what socialscope has done so far. I am still on .81 and have been alternating between it and Uber. I think alot of people think Socialscope is this big corporation and that they owe consumers this product. But in all actuality, I believe its just a couple of guys writing an awesome program with limited time to work on it. I admire what they have done so far and look forward to the finished product. Remember, they are not making any money doing this so far. Keep up the good work!
    02-05-10 01:09 PM
    I love what socialscope has done so far. I am still on .81 and have been alternating between it and Uber. I think alot of people think Socialscope is this big corporation and that they owe consumers this product. But in all actuality, I believe its just a couple of guys writing an awesome program with limited time to work on it. I admire what they have done so far and look forward to the finished product. Remember, they are not making any money doing this so far. Keep up the good work!
    Ya, that's great, but why have so many different versions causing MORE emails from people reporting bugs that have already been fixed? Seems pretty stupid to me. GREAT application but they could work on deploying updates to everyone and not "random" people. They have people with 50 tweets total on the latest version, that makes a lot of sense, huh?

02-05-10 01:54 PM
    As far as updating the beta versions go, it's the first time I've ever seen any developer pick and choose who gets the newer versions. When I've tested beta's whenever an update for a beta was out it was given for all beta testers to test.
    I've beta tested a LOT of software... Even tested Quickbooks for them back around 2000... They are a huge company, making a lot of changes to the software on a lot of various businesses.. But they updated ALL of us that were testing at the same time, because they "wanted everyone on the current version, so bugs that have been found 1) wont affect everyone else, and 2) wont be reported when they have already been taken care of". And it cost them a pretty good amount of $ to support us, we werent distributed our test version online, they fedexed next day a cd to us each update! Minor updates were online, but at leat once a month a new cd would arrive with major updates.

SS is doing it BACKWARDS to normal Beta practices... with this give a select few a new version.. The ONLY way that could be done is to IGNORE all the people in the old version, so you arent bothered with bugs that have been taken care of.
    02-05-10 02:23 PM
    I've beta tested a LOT of software... Even tested Quickbooks for them back around 2000... They are a huge company, making a lot of changes to the software on a lot of various businesses.. But they updated ALL of us that were testing at the same time, because they "wanted everyone on the current version, so bugs that have been found 1) wont affect everyone else, and 2) wont be reported when they have already been taken care of". And it cost them a pretty good amount of $ to support us, we werent distributed our test version online, they fedexed next day a cd to us each update! Minor updates were online, but at leat once a month a new cd would arrive with major updates.

SS is doing it BACKWARDS to normal Beta practices... with this give a select few a new version.. The ONLY way that could be done is to IGNORE all the people in the old version, so you arent bothered with bugs that have been taken care of.
    *Applause*

I don't think many will say SS isn't an amazing application. I was "lucky" to get another invite, I'm pretty sure I was the first to be kicked out from the apps. I talked crap about the updates a long time ago and Amit wasn't happy with what I said, plus I was uh drunk tweeting so who knows what the **** I said.

Anyway, IMO updates should be done by who has submitted feedback to help better the app OR heavy users OR a combination of both.

Meh

02-05-10 02:31 PM
    Your absolutely right. They are just a few guys developing the SS app. I'm currently on .81 & have yet to receive an upgrade but enjoy the app nonetheless. However, I have to disagree with you regarding their doing a good job releasing updates to their beta testers. Ubertwitter is a ONE MAN operation & has MUCH better cust srvc than SS. They need to step it up.
    02-05-10 02:32 PM
    I think people really need to stop comparing UT and SS to each other. SS is an app that incorporates multiple social networks into one app. UT is strictly a twitter app.

If you were to compare the two based solely on Twitter... UT wins hands down. SS has a prettier/nicer UI without a doubt (and even then I could argue that even though SS ui is pretty, it's just that... pretty but not intuitive). I'm not a big fan of how UT's Settings/Options is actually a Wizard and not an Options menu. It would be much better if you had options/settings in one menu vs having to -next- through a bunch of settings pages (after all, there are times you want to change one setting and not wish to page through every single option). However UT has SS beat heavily (like driving a thumbtack with a sledgehammer) on functionality and features. Again, this is just the Twitter aspect.

SS does make the Foursquare app obsolete (ironic considering the native Foursquare app is new and barely out of beta). Facebook, I can argue how the RIM native Facebook app excels in a few areas and where SS's Facebook implementation excels in others; it can be a tossup depending on your needs whether you keep the native Facebook app installed. Can't so much comment on the Flickr portion of SS as I don't use Flickr much, but as far as I can see it just incorporate's Flickr's chat capabilities (but really, who uses Flickr for chatting?), and zero functionality on Flickr's photo/pic sharing/hosting.

Oh, and the point that SS loads automagically at your device's bootup/startup and takes up about 1.5meg worth of memory (just app storage, not accounting for active memory consumption) with no option to disable auto loading... major downer. However I would assume that after development is finalized; code optimization, obfuscation, and a few other methods, could bring the app size down a bit.

SS has a lot of brilliant ideas behind its concept, and many of those ideas are incorporated well. However I think if it's to be successful, SS development needs to put a feature lock on what it's implemented already, market what it has now, and begin development on a next gen release.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 02-06-10 at 12:07 AM.
    02-05-10 11:25 PM
    I respect what your saying but I'm not making the comparison regarding features but customer service & overall response to the users of your app. In that respect, UT wins HANDS DOWN...The amount of features one offers in an app has no baring on providing good cust srvc, thats all I'm saying.
    02-06-10 12:14 AM
    *Applause*

I don't think many will say SS isn't an amazing application. I was "lucky" to get another invite, I'm pretty sure I was the first to be kicked out from the apps. I talked crap about the updates a long time ago and Amit wasn't happy with what I said, plus I was uh drunk tweeting so who knows what the **** I said.

Anyway, IMO updates should be done by who has submitted feedback to help better the app OR heavy users OR a combination of both.

Meh

how was it when you were kicked out ? your account no longer worked, or it had no valid versions ?

mine has no versions now :P (it had .44 )
    02-06-10 12:41 PM
288 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD