And the frustration grows... What, about 5 days now since they gave out updates to 'selected' testers, and some of us are still on a much older version with no status as to when we will see updates... From what I gather reading other posts there may have been two updates since the one on my phone that still says 'no update available'....
    01-20-10 01:01 PM
    How can you effective run a beta test if you have users testing a version that is now 2 versions out-of date? Sorry, but anyone in IT knows that you don't test with old code. That just shows how clueless this crew really is...they have .44, .81, .84 and .85 out there. What is the point of submitting bugs on the three older versions when they may no longer be a bug? Also, those on the older versions are not able to complete testing which may uncover regression bugs.

As impressive as the app really is, the brains behind it appear to be attached to a high school punk.
    01-20-10 01:29 PM
    Its my opinion that people on .44 got left out.

Can anyone prove me wrong please?

I twited that question to amit and socialscope today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-10 01:52 PM
    I think they moved a certain percent from .44 to .81. Then some of them to .84 and .85. I just think once you get a product going, you dont need to keep the same amount of testers.
    01-20-10 01:55 PM
    Its my opinion that people on .44 got left out.

Can anyone prove me wrong please?

I twited that question to amit and socialscope today

I agree, I think we were left at the side of the road....

I think they moved a certain percent from .44 to .81. Then some of them to .84 and .85. I just think once you get a product going, you dont need to keep the same amount of testers.
    So, if you move on and dont need the same number, then you should just drop them and thats it???
    I'm sorry but in my programming experience it is the OPPOSITE... The closer it gets to finished, the MORE testers you need to find problems. The same testers generally use things the same way, and will have found all the bugs.. You need MORE/FRESH eyes looking at your software to see it from more angles...
    01-21-10 01:05 AM
    This update process is making me very curious...
    01-21-10 01:22 AM
    Lame. When I go into setting as select check for updates it says I have none.
    01-21-10 11:08 AM
    Version .87 is pushed...
    Last edited by mattmarenic; 01-22-10 at 04:39 PM.
    01-22-10 04:32 PM
    Version .87 is pushed...
    Any idea what's new in this one? Changelog?

01-22-10 05:29 PM
    I had .86 pushed but then, at the download page, saw .87. Downloaded it, rebooted, and when I logged in was told that .86 was available. I couldn't access the app and had to "upgrade" to .86 from .87. Any ideas?
    01-22-10 06:13 PM
    .86:

- Fixed Auto Complete Behavior
    - Improved Location Detection

.86 was pushed but it had some foursquare venue detection error. Then was .87 pushed to fix that bug...

But at end we all have to downgrade to .86 version...
    Last edited by mattmarenic; 01-22-10 at 06:24 PM.
    01-22-10 06:22 PM
    yea I think they pulled .87...just loaded up .86...
    01-22-10 07:06 PM
    Socialscope I am sure you read these ..... PLEASE let me have an invitation!!! Pretty please. I am travelling to Europe in 10 days and can try it out under 7 different Systems and 7 Different SIM cards..... let's be adventurous together>.....
    01-22-10 07:14 PM
    Seems more versions and more features are coming quicker. I think a full release will happen soon.

I can't wait so all the whiners without can stfu. Lol

01-22-10 07:19 PM
    .44 is sOooooooooooo left out of the loop

01-22-10 08:07 PM
    .44 is sOooooooooooo left out of the loop

im sure the ppl without the app would love to just have .44. Im jealous of the ppl with .86 now! Im on .81
    01-22-10 09:09 PM
    Mmmm

Ubertwitter and tweetgenius are better than .44 imho.
    Seesmic is a suitable replacement too.

.81 and above, is another realm, one I cannot enter

Amitkumar01 recently twitted something about a present and keep getting updates that I could not understand.

01-22-10 09:19 PM
    Uber is a good app, but i still dont like the way it looks and the way it feels compared to SS. But before I got SS, Uber was #1. I agree .44 was kinda crappy but that was a earlier version.

I have .81 and its nice!

Here is a screen shot of my .81 version.

You can also have both twit and facebook show on same screen.
    01-22-10 10:04 PM
    im sure the ppl without the app would love to just have .44. Im jealous of the ppl with .86 now! Im on .81
    Trust me... No, they wouldn't.
    01-22-10 11:10 PM
    Uber is a good app, but i still dont like the way it looks and the way it feels compared to SS. But before I got SS, Uber was #1. I agree .44 was kinda crappy but that was a earlier version.

I have .81 and its nice!

Here is a screen shot of my .81 version.

You can also have both twit and facebook show on same screen.
    Not a good idea to post screenshots of SS. The developers do not like you sharing what goes on in the beta. And yes, they have banned people for less.
    01-23-10 12:39 AM
    Never heard of anything like this. Showin screen shot is just like sayin what it looks like. If they dissaprove of this, I think it should be noted.

01-23-10 01:18 AM
    I'm just getting really tired of hearing "everyone will be upgraded" but never getting anything... If they gave it to some, how hard it it to give to to the rest of the people signed up?? Its bad enough when people sign up for an invite and NEVER hear anything even 6 months later, but those that ARE signed up and using it deserve to be supported across the board, not just a 'chosen few'...
    01-23-10 03:48 AM
    No point in complaining mate ! This Amit Kumar, however ingenious he may be, is an insensitive compatriot of mine. He may be from India, I am ashamed of him.

01-23-10 05:39 AM
    He has created more enemies than friends !!!

01-23-10 05:40 AM
    If I am not mistaken, at this point in time, if you sign in and get the "wait" email, you are screwed.

And if you are in .44 or .81, you are screwed

01-23-10 08:59 AM
288 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD