Yep... 85 is out
    01-17-10 01:02 PM
    anyone got .85 yet? heard of some getting that push - lucky!
    still on .81 here
    I was alerted of .85 this morning, it introduces a drop-down friend list when you press the @ key, it's great!
    01-17-10 01:18 PM
    I got .85! Love how frequently they update
    01-17-10 01:38 PM
    I was alerted of .85 this morning, it introduces a drop-down friend list when you press the @ key, it's great!
    Does make life easier...
    01-17-10 01:48 PM
    Where is this developer, I have something to tell him. He canceled my account too. Also, are you guys telling me there are people beta testing the Lite version (I was one of them) and there are people who have the "full" version? Also I haven't got any update.

Ubiquitous get something done straight, NOW please.
    VERY few people (not me) have the full version. However the lite version is VERY functional.

anyone got .85 yet? heard of some getting that push - lucky!
    still on .81 here
    Got it today.
    01-17-10 01:59 PM
    This is quite frustrating.
    Still on .44 and never got the .81.

They don't reply to tweets, to anything.
    I am on 12k tweets and a Foursquare 'superuser', but I guess they don't see that.

Ubertwitter is very kind in sending emails and pushing new betas (.947) to all at the same time. Same goes for Foursquare (1.0.0).
    Socialscope should care more about us if they are thinking of one day asking our money for their apps.
    01-17-10 02:30 PM
    Im on .81 and waiting on my update. Asked about full version and they say no eta, when its ready.
    01-17-10 05:29 PM
    Im on .81 and waiting on my update. Asked about full version and they say no eta, when its ready.
    Wow, still awaiting .84 update muchless .85...smh
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 01-17-10 at 06:37 PM.
    01-17-10 06:33 PM
    i found the link for .84 googling arround, if you have an unused invite + that link, you could get an account for .84 :P

now, .85 ?

my .44 is so old.. and ubertwitter is SO good :P (tweetgenius is ... nice)
    01-17-10 06:57 PM
    dang, how do you people get the update? you just open up socialscope and it says that an update is available???
    01-17-10 08:44 PM
    Seriously. All this over a PHONE APPLICATION. Some people need to relax.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I'm with you

I'm all for updating to the latest and greatest edition but good grief people,

It's a FREE BETA Social Network App!

Relax people
    01-17-10 08:46 PM
    It seems I cannot just sign up for an account...
    01-17-10 08:54 PM
    dang, how do you people get the update? you just open up socialscope and it says that an update is available???
    Yes... it prompts upon opening.
    01-17-10 10:05 PM
    Is SocialScope updating sporadic? I think **** will freeze over and WM will not suck before I get any sort of update. I'm stuck on .44. I've tried to find other versions (.81 for example) but couldn't get past the login screen because the app muscled me back into .44. I've been using SocialScope for a year now and this is starting to annoy me.
    01-17-10 11:44 PM
    Heh. I made a comment to amit kumar on twitter that I was,kt impressed with how he handles his customers on there. The next thing I know, my SocialScope account doesn't work anymore lol. What a baby. I'll be using something else from now on, even though I have a second account.

01-18-10 08:57 AM
    Heh. I made a comment to amit kumar on twitter that I was,kt impressed with how he handles his customers on there. The next thing I know, my SocialScope account doesn't work anymore lol. What a baby. I'll be using something else from now on, even though I have a second account.

May I play devil's advocate?

On twitter, you said you were completely turned off of his product based on how he treated his customers (I don't begrudge you that; I had the same reaction when I saw what I perceived as rudeness exhibited by another twitter client developer).

So, based on that, if you were shoes, in a closed beta with people constantly asking in, what would you do?

I readily admit that I may not see the interactions as you and a previous poster have seen them, but I am curious...
    01-18-10 09:36 AM
    In my business we do what we can to keep customers, not just let them go. I would have eventually paid for the app if there was *any* customer service. Instead, he just said "see ya" without even trying.

01-18-10 09:58 AM
    In my business we do what we can to keep customers, not just let them go. I would have eventually paid for the app if there was *any* customer service. Instead, he just said "see ya" without even trying.

I can agree with that perspective.
    01-18-10 10:14 AM

To further this argument, last night one of the people I follow who is the head of the official NHL Tweetup group and organizes many hockey events through twitter, complained about the latest socialscope update.

"Today's @socialscope update deleted ALL of my tabs/lists & reset all of my preferences. To say that I'm PISSED off is an understatement."

To which Amit replied: "its a beta you have to expect things like that."

Now this person relies on her lists and things on her blackberry because she does organize events and charity events as well. I advised her to be careful or the socialscope nazi will kick her out of the beta. I also recommended ubertwitter, which supports lists as well.

At this point, you have to assume that if the customer support acts like this during the beta, their attitude will not change when they actually release the product for sale. The Tweetgenius developer was very similar when that program was in beta, and now that it is for sale it is still the same; very secretive about updates and not doing very much to help customers with bug fixes. Boygenius did demonstrate a few new features of tweetgenius recently on his twitter, but refused to say anything further. I did purchase tweetgenius, so I feel that that entitles me to a few answers as to when a new release is to be expected. As for amit, he needs to learn to have a thicker skin, and maybe learn what beta testing is all about. You don't see the people at ubertwitter yelling at people when people complain about their software not working properly. Instead, they respond, acknowledge the problem, make fixes, and release to everyone as soon as they can, all while keeping everyone informed.

But, the fanboys, zombies, and apologists still exist.
    01-18-10 11:33 AM
    I praised him a little the other day, and asked:
    1) how often does the auto refresh option...well.. Refreshes.
    2) when (and if), users with .44, get the update, will we get .81, or jump straight to .84 (or now .85, or whatever the latest is at the moment).

He never replied anything.

A friend of mine thinks that he doesn't like my username (first letter of my name, and my surname), and so, he ignored me, while he at least answers him some stuff, cause his username seems from a similar origin as amit kumar is

I'll check if I got the updae from time to time, but I like ubertwiTter SO much, that I paid for it to support it. I also own tg, but I find it ... Normal, I don't know, I see no reason for using it ;p

And since my 9550 from Verizon refuces to give location to foursquae, I doubt that SS in its updated form will allow it to to work...

Only thing tf has Is that pure GPS location works there, UT can't use any location at all on this phone.

I still can't understand why they force people to downgrade, if they get a newer version by themselves, that uses their server bandwith even more

01-18-10 12:29 PM
    Again, supply and demand always (or almost always wins). No need to call people names. Calling people who disagree with your point of view at any given time apologists or fanboys is so 2008.

I still think there was name calling in that Twitter exchange, and it was not started by the developer.

If indeed, the developer is evil, trust me when I say his product won't sell. While I respect your point of view, I think when a developer requests that you keep feedback to a particular medium, then that should be adhered to.

We do betas all the time in the tech world. If a beta is horrible, we move on. Again, if the developer does not know how to deal with customers, he/she won't have any. However, when one of those customers calls the developer a "******" (or a related term), it is hard to justify allowing them to use the product.

At the point he (Amit) said it is a beta, there are two choices (IMHO). Dump the beta, or accept the bugs as part of the beta. Getting into a war of words discussing the sanctity of beta testing is not something I would have considered doing. Calling someone a Nazi is not something I think should be done lightly, either.

I simply won't be disrespected; in that, we are in full agreement. I guess we differ on what constitutes disrespect in this issue.
    01-18-10 12:51 PM
    I'm not sure if I'm asking too much , but I would just like a little old invite after 9 months or so of asking PLEASE!!!
    01-18-10 01:02 PM
    Again, supply and demand always (or almost always wins). No need to call people names. Calling people who disagree with your point of view at any given time apologists or fanboys is so 2008.

I still think there was name calling in that Twitter exchange, and it was not started by the developer.

If indeed, the developer is evil, trust me when I say his product won't sell. While I respect your point of view, I think when a developer requests that you keep feedback to a particular medium, then that should be adhered to.

We do betas all the time in the tech world. If a beta is horrible, we move on. Again, if the developer does not know how to deal with customers, he/she won't have any. However, when one of those customers calls the developer a "******" (or a related term), it is hard to justify allowing them to use the product.

At the point he (Amit) said it is a beta, there are two choices (IMHO). Dump the beta, or accept the bugs as part of the beta. Getting into a war of words discussing the sanctity of beta testing is not something I would have considered doing. Calling someone a Nazi is not something I think should be done lightly, either.

I simply won't be disrespected; in that, we are in full agreement. I guess we differ on what constitutes disrespect in this issue.
    The problem is that you're only looking at this issue from the perspective of a developer and not really of a tester. Testers should have rights as well.

When I make a comment to someone else and NOT directly to the developer, and then the developer starts up with me and threatens me, there is something wrong with that. As a tester, I am allowed to have an opinion of the product, and should not fear having the product taken away from me. If I think there are bugs with the product, and have followed directions on sending feedback and still have not received a response or a fix, I have the right to talk about it.

People send comments to ubertwitter all the time reporting bug fixes and problems. They respond that there will be fixes for that issue or how to fix that issue on their own. If someone badmouths ubertwitter, they don't go after those users and say "you can't have it anymore." They have the ability to lock out users as well as shown by their recent beta test builds. But, I guess where Amit is from, maybe they don't know about freedom of speech. I think that either Amit should reinstate all the users who have had an opinion of socialscope that he didn't like and removed, or remove ALL users who have badmouthed socialscope. Do a search on twitter on socialscope, there are plenty of users who have complained, yet he didn't go around threatening all of them. And yes, I feel that calling Amit a nazi here is appropriate, he is at the very least on the same level of the soup nazi.

There is an old saying; treat others the way you would want to be treated. Making your software elitist, ignoring people, disrespecting people, and threatening people, is not the way to get people to respect you. Amit has not earned anyone's respect. I just wish there were a way that another developer who knew what he or she was doing could forcefully take over the development of socialscope. Maybe then we would see a quality product in a short amount of time. If Amit is only doing this in his spare time and doesn't like what people are saying about his product or dealing with people's requests, he should be forced to give up the project to someone more capable. While clearly socialscope is a good concept, its current form and current development are a complete and utter failure, and will continue to be a failure on the open market. I'd hate to see that happen to a good concept with crappy development.
    01-18-10 01:39 PM
    Is this Amit really the top dog, or just some employee that writes code? The actual socialscope twitter is so professional when they respond or make statements, it almost seems like Amit is just some pissed off developer there acting like he's the boss. This I'd like to know.

01-18-10 03:55 PM
    no update for me
    Thats the frustration I'm having with their method of sending out updates...
    Its been several days since people have gotten updates, and I'm still sitting on .44 with S2 and its saying No Updates Available...
    Come on, if there are new features, where are the updates for those of us that have been staying with this so long waiting 'mostly patiently' for some kind of features/updates.....
    01-19-10 03:47 PM
288 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD