Wow, I sense a lot of bitterness.
    Seriously. All this over a PHONE APPLICATION. Some people need to relax.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 11:39 PM
    I got the update a few days ago. Most likely they are rolling it out like they did with 81.

I believe so. In steps. I am beginning to believe there is a method to the madness.
    01-15-10 11:41 PM
    Requested a beta invite MONTHS ago. Still yet to hear from Social Scope! Epic fail on Ubiquitous' part...

01-16-10 04:35 AM
    About the twit were he asked not to report through that way, in his defenc�, of you send FEEDBACK, debug info id sent too.

Pd: �o update for me

01-16-10 10:46 AM
    I send feedback all of the time. I rebooted my phone today and got a "Please install a valid version" message with a link to their website. I went to put in my username and password and it didn't recognize it. Looks like my account has been deleted. Oh well...almost a year of using SS and now its back to UberTwitter.
    01-16-10 12:28 PM
    I WANT IT!

i'm on .81 and i love it! i really want .84 though!
    01-16-10 12:53 PM
    Update: Seems like he is a bigger baby than I thought. He literally canceled my account. Actually he was so vindictive he canceled both of my accounts since I had to barter for a second one just to get the update.

I think its funny that the developer of socialscope is just an immature child. But no matter, for all I want/need to do on twitter (lol, need) ubertwitter is plenty, I also have tweetgenius which may come out with an update one of these days, and seeismic seems to be catching up too. What Amit doesn't realize is that everyone copies off of everyone else, and very soon the features that make his app unique will be with another app. We've already seen it start to happen with ubertwitter. But no one wants to give patronage to a complete and utter asshat. I'm glad I supposedly made his life more difficult, if I can in any way I will continue to do so if the opportunity so arises. I have already let the first Ubiquitous Systems know about the trademark violation.

Otherwise, I have the absolute satisfaction that I really got to Mr. Amit and caused him to have a hissy fit like a little girl. Thats right, the developer of socialscope acts just like a little girl.
    He doesn't OWE you anything, you agreed to be a BETA TESTER and you agreed to his terms & conditions prior to using the program. If he wants to have several different betas out at one time then that's his business. True, you caused him to have a hissy fit like a little girl but your reaction has you looking like a spoiled brat who is wreaking havoc because you didn't get your way. Sounds so much like a rich "mean girl" to me, vindictive much?
    01-16-10 12:53 PM
    Where is this developer, I have something to tell him. He canceled my account too. Also, are you guys telling me there are people beta testing the Lite version (I was one of them) and there are people who have the "full" version? Also I haven't got any update.

Ubiquitous get something done straight, NOW please.
    01-16-10 01:44 PM
    I keep having a problem with each release. It will not let me update my status, it says that I do not have any networks selected to post to. I can like and comment on any statuses. Any suggestions?
    01-16-10 02:04 PM
    He doesn't OWE you anything, you agreed to be a BETA TESTER and you agreed to his terms & conditions prior to using the program. If he wants to have several different betas out at one time then that's his business. True, you caused him to have a hissy fit like a little girl but your reaction has you looking like a spoiled brat who is wreaking havoc because you didn't get your way. Sounds so much like a rich "mean girl" to me, vindictive much?
    Do you not understand that many developers have testing teams that they have to pay to test their programs? The underlying terms and conditions on my end were that as a beta tester, i report bugs using the feedback, which I did. In return, the developer is supposed to submit fixes for said bugs as they become available. That is a contract condition, a mutual benefit. This contract has been breached.

First the developer said the fixes weren't getting to everyone at once because of their servers, fair enough. Now the developer is saying that its not because of the servers, but because the program is allegedly not ready, and he doesn't want to release a "crappy program" like certain "other" developers. Remember when he said that everyone will get the newest beta? Yeah, that ain't happening. He also said the computer chooses at random the people who get upgrades. Yeah, that isn't true either, he controls who he can kick out and who he can upgrade. And if you point out to him the fact that you know he is lying, he throws a temper tantrum like a baby. Most likely he took that opportunity to slam TweetGenius and UberTwitter, and maybe even Seesmic. So, this developer is a liar, a cheat, and a tool. And also a dummy for mistreating his beta testers, no wonder the program hasn't worked very well for everyone.

I'm just throwing this out there for the people who are upset. I too am tired of the zombies on this board who are almost on the level of Apple fanboys. Seriously people, stop licking his taint and open your eyes. You're all gonna be screwed over when he decides that you all need to pay him $30 bucks to use socialscope, and it will still be just as buggy when he decides to do so.
    01-16-10 02:06 PM
    Do you not understand that many developers have testing teams that they have to pay to test their programs? The underlying terms and conditions on my end were that as a beta tester, i report bugs using the feedback, which I did. In return, the developer is supposed to submit fixes for said bugs as they become available. That is a contract condition, a mutual benefit. This contract has been breached.
    So you did your part but did you ever take into account that this may not be a full-time project for the developer? Second, do you READ the end-user license agreements aka T's & C's? You VOLUNTEERED to be a part of the beta testing program, you didn't lose any money nor did anyone FORCE you to join this program. Third, you gave feedback but the developer didn't respond appropriately in a timely manner according to you. That's not a breach of contract because there are no clauses in the agreement that gives a period of time where he should address/fix the feedback/bugs you reported. Even if the contract had been breached, what do you expect to receive in compensation of said breach? You didn't lose any money, you volunteered your TIME and the program hasn't done any harm to your phone. The contract hasn't been breached, it was NULLIFIED. You sir, were an impatient BETA TESTER; he is the developer. You were unhappy with the lack of response on his part; he was unhappy with your harassment. He nullified the agreement by voiding your "contract" and essentially letting both sides WALK AWAY (in a perfect world). Also, in the T's & C's, it states the developer(s) can choose to end the BETA TESTING PROGRAM or SELECT USERS at THEIR discretion. #next

First the developer said the fixes weren't getting to everyone at once because of their servers, fair enough. Now the developer is saying that its not because of the servers, but because the program is allegedly not ready, and he doesn't want to release a "crappy program" like certain "other" developers. Remember when he said that everyone will get the newest beta? Yeah, that ain't happening. He also said the computer chooses at random the people who get upgrades. Yeah, that isn't true either, he controls who he can kick out and who he can upgrade. And if you point out to him the fact that you know he is lying, he throws a temper tantrum like a baby. Most likely he took that opportunity to slam TweetGenius and UberTwitter, and maybe even Seesmic. So, this developer is a liar, a cheat, and a tool. And also a dummy for mistreating his beta testers, no wonder the program hasn't worked very well for everyone.
    He said that everyone will get the newest beta, sure. Did he give you a deadline or timeframe? I believe not. Again, read the "contract", it states that the end-user has no rights and that he controls everything at his discretion. The developer may be a tool, but being a liar/cheat is up to speculation. It's all subjective. In your case he is. In my case, I see him cutting losses with a harassing 'consumer'. #whompwhomp

I'm just throwing this out there for the people who are upset. I too am tired of the zombies on this board who are almost on the level of Apple fanboys. Seriously people, stop licking his taint and open your eyes. You're all gonna be screwed over when he decides that you all need to pay him $30 bucks to use socialscope, and it will still be just as buggy when he decides to do so.
    I'm not a zombie, but at the end of the day the control is up to the developer of what he wants to do and what he doesn't want to do with his program. If you don't like it then he can exclude you from the 'program' and find a replacement tester (which he did in your case). My eyes are open, as a beta tester I'm not promised or OWED anything. If I submit feedback then I assume the developer will collect and compare mine with the THOUSANDS of other testers and then address the concerns in a fix, patch or software update. What makes you think that you are more important than the other 7K testers in this program? "The squeaky wheel gets the oil" is an old American saying but there's also an old Chinese proverb that says, "the loudest duck gets shot." Quit complaining and find an alternate twitter app for your blackberry.

I guess you'll be #ontothenextone
    Last edited by ChekMySwag84; 01-16-10 at 03:45 PM.
    01-16-10 03:41 PM
    Do you have a copy of the conditions you agree to when you create the account?

I guess it says what you say he owes us, or else, you have no point

I enjoy ubertwitter so much anyway, too bad the last beta came out the day after I bought tweetgenius (I shouldn't hav )

01-16-10 03:53 PM
    Boycott this piece of s**t. Support vodafone-update.de!
    01-16-10 03:58 PM
    Do you have a copy of the conditions you agree to when you create the account?

I guess it says what you say he owes us, or else, you have no point

I enjoy ubertwitter so much anyway, too bad the last beta came out the day after I bought tweetgenius (I shouldn't hav )

Thats the problem, ChekMySwag84 is talking out his bum like he knows anything. There are no terms or conditions OTHER THAN the little warning that used to pop up which said if you have any problems use send feedback. There are no terms of service when you sign up for an invite. Everything else is implied, and relied upon. Something lawyers would call promissory estoppel. I performed a service for the developer, and in exchange he gave me access to the software. This is a bargained-for exchange. He could have paid people money to test his software, but he found a cheaper solution by allowing people access to his program. Implied in that bargained for exchange is that when a fix is necessary, it would be updated.

Now, normally, software companies like ubertwitter or beejive or beweather (well lets keep this simple and stay with free aps, maybe like AIM, BBM, even Seesmic) will update everyone at once by using a download link. This is fair, even for the free software companies. Great example, Seesmic provides a page with feature requests. We all beta test Seesmic for blackberry and provide feedback about bugs or feature requests. The developer there communicates back with the users, and provides updates to everyone at once when there is one available.

With socialscope, no one knows what to believe because the developer doesn't really communicate with anyone, whether its about potential bug fixes or release dates, or really anything. Now, out of allllll the socialscope users, how many do you really think are keeping with the terms of the agreement and taking the time to send feedback about bugs? I'm talking about more than the at least semi tech savvy people on crackberry, but the normal schmoe on twitter with a blackberry and socialscope. There are probably a manageable amount of feedback inquires coming in to socialscope that they could at least send maybe a 1 or 2 word reply in any form. Ubertwitter has probably quadruple the users socialscope has, and they take the time to answer emails or twitter posts. Now, to Amit's slight defense, he has been asking random people who have said they dislike socialscope and are moving to ubertwitter on twitter why they didn't like socialscope. The common answer seems to be waiting for updates or the fact that the program is very buggy, mostly the former. But, I guess he didn't get the hint because now he is going about removing random users (I seem to not be the only one).

Now, what I can infer is that their servers have been updated if they can now choose individual users to be updated and can choose them to be removed. In the early days, as soon as an update was available, it was pushed to all beta users equally. I remember I reported a facebook bug my first week of usage back last May, and a few days later a new software release was pushed addressing the issue I had. It seems that the developers have gone mad with power, because at least Amit is now saying that their previous excuse of staggering releases due to server load is incorrect. This is why I call him a liar and a fraud. Like I said, I can only imagine what will happen when they decide to charge for the app. All existing users will be deleted from the servers until they pay the toll, and a hefty toll it will be. Whether its worth it to people will remain to be seen, but I do not do enough business on twitter to make it worth $30-40. If any of them took business classes at their local community college, they must have failed them, because they don't know 1 thing about customers. Supply and demand is all well and good, but they aren't charging for it so that theory makes no sense in this situation. And if anyone is selling invites, the developers aren't seeing a dime of that. I did hear a short time ago that the people at TBZ were hoarding invites somehow and only giving them to TBZ VIP's, this also went on at BBHybrids. TBZ is developing something called Tweetismo, but it also seems you need to be a VIP, which is $50 bucks.

In conclusion, theres too much weird stuff going on in the BB community, too much elitism. I think too many people are becoming a lot like Apple fanboys, and its scary.
    01-16-10 07:19 PM
    back on topic, SS 0.9.5.84 is so awesome.
    01-16-10 07:33 PM
    back on topic, SS 0.9.5.84 is so awesome.
    i agree, what's your twitter username
    01-16-10 08:40 PM
    I know that someone is mad that they didn't get update but they will, just have patience...
    01-17-10 04:13 AM
    I am not mad I am furious!
    01-17-10 05:56 AM
    Am on 0.9.5.81, liking it.. Waiting patiently for .84 and full release!
    01-17-10 08:30 AM
    I'm still on .44 but losing patience waiting for an update. Gonna start looking for alternatives.
    01-17-10 09:31 AM
    Maybe SS gives their updates to those who don't complain?

01-17-10 09:37 AM
    I would be happy with an invite at all! I am a patient person...
    01-17-10 10:08 AM
    It all boils down to people are just upset because, in a sense, they want to be "The cool kid" with the latest and greatest and can't stand the fact somebody else has something they don't.

All this talk about contracts? Pshaw right! Less than 1% of beta testers are beta testers because they actually like to provide helpful feedback to a developer. 100% of beta testers (which includes the aforementioned 1%) do it simply because they want to get their hands on what they think may be the coolest gadget before everybody else. There is no contract under a volunteer relationship. If you don't like what you're getting (aka the "rock in a box") you can simply move on to something else.

As far as this particular project. Is the developer disorganized? Most definitely. If you want to be a part of the beta, or of any particular release within the beta, then you've gotta understand that it's obviously random chance you'll get what you want. Does this disorganization spill over to the development of the project? Most probably, based solely on the length of time it's taking to be developed compared to other similar products that are completing their tasks in a shorter time frame.

So now it's simply a matter of whether it's worth it to you to continue to participate in the beta, or just move on to something else. Anything else is just whining.

I myself don't bother beta testing SS simply because I still get the .44 release and it's (for lack of a better term) a complete turd compared to other apps. I check occasionally to see if I'll get the .81 (well now .84), and when that happens I'll give it another go. Why would anyone bother with .44 since any feedback on it would be a complete waste of time since any feedback would be addressed as "Already fixed in version xxx"?
    Last edited by rmjones101; 01-17-10 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Typos and punctuation
    01-17-10 11:31 AM
    Does anyone know of anyone I can contact or a way that I can get into the Social Scope beta? I applied to get an invite about 3 months ago, and still haven't heard anything, while I'm dying the try out this app. Only heard good things about Ubertwitter, what I've been using, and wondering if Social Scope can dethrone it. Thanks.
    01-17-10 12:05 PM
    anyone got .85 yet? heard of some getting that push - lucky!
    still on .81 here
    01-17-10 12:09 PM
288 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD