I'm on .81 & still no update to .84....smh
    01-15-10 09:38 AM
    ironic too see some guys devellop one of the greatest app on BB and be so bad at distributing it
    01-15-10 09:43 AM
    ironic too see some guys devellop one of the greatest app on BB and be so bad at distributing it
    It's a private beta. Why would they be concerned if every one gets the update?
    01-15-10 12:10 PM
    .84 is getting pushed out. Slowly, people are getting it
    01-15-10 12:13 PM
    .84 is getting pushed out. Slowly, people are getting it
    That's what they said about .81 and I don't have that yet either. SocialScope = Awesome, Support = Fail
    01-15-10 12:42 PM
    I have to agree. I'm still on .44 as well. Seems odd that if they have a private beta, the people on the private beta aren't all updated to the most current version before bringing in new users.
    01-15-10 02:47 PM
    People on .44 should log into their account on the website and check if .81 shows up.
    01-15-10 03:01 PM
    People on .44 should log into their account on the website and check if .81 shows up.
    No, it is not listed...
    01-15-10 03:25 PM
    From your mobile device go the to redownload site: (socialscope.net/redownload), login in to your account and you should get a link to the latest version for your account.
    01-15-10 03:26 PM
    From your mobile device go the to redownload site. socialscope.net/redownload, login in to your account and you should get a link to the latest version for your account.
    Nope
    (1234567890)
    01-15-10 03:27 PM
    Man I need that Upgrade, I've messed w/ Ubertwitter, Seesmic Tiny Twitter, & Twitterberry..... And I keep going back to SS!!!! But I keep deleting it bc its KILLING MY BATTERY!!!!! Does anyone know if you can have multiple accts on SS????? *Gets on Knees* Dear Sweet Baby Jesus in your fresh Hay'ed Manger wrapped in glowing swaddling clothes, please bless me w/ the SocialScope beta .86 app, AaaaaMen!
    01-15-10 03:33 PM
    Nope
    (1234567890)
    Darn it! that must only give you the update to your latest version, that is how I got my .84 update from .81 because I had uninstalled socialscope from my phone. Sorry that didn't help!
    01-15-10 03:35 PM
    Man I need that Upgrade, I've messed w/ Ubertwitter, Seesmic Tiny Twitter, & Twitterberry..... And I keep going back to SS!!!! But I keep deleting it bc its KILLING MY BATTERY!!!!! Does anyone know if you can have multiple accts on SS????? *Gets on Knees* Dear Sweet Baby Jesus in your fresh Hay'ed Manger wrapped in glowing swaddling clothes, please bless me w/ the SocialScope beta .86 app, AaaaaMen!

Now are you saying you just want to redownload your socialscope because you deleted it on your phone or are you saying you are waiting for the next upgrade? Or are you saying you have had several invites and you want to know if you can still use one of them after you have deleted the app from your phone?
    Last edited by indigoblu; 01-15-10 at 03:44 PM.
    01-15-10 03:38 PM
    You are silly! and I just wanted to say Blue Love Frat, I am a Zeta

Now are you saying you just want to redownload your socialscope because you deleted it on your phone or are you saying you are waiting for the next upgrade?
    SORORS IN THE BUILDIN!!!!!!!! LAWD JESUS KNOWS I LOVE MY SORORS!

Naw I need the upgrade, I'll use it for a while, then see how its killin an extra 6-10% an hr off my battery time (Thanks Meterberry!) which will make me delete it. but a bruh needs his twitter!!!

Hit me up!
    @klsmalls1
    pin:30EB0FB9

and HAPPY EARLY FOUNDERS DAY!!!!! gotta love them Pearls!
    01-15-10 03:45 PM
    ...its killin an extra 6-10% an hr off my battery time
    I'm on .81 right now and the battery drain is the BIGGEST reason why I want the .84 update.

After 5 hours, my battery is drained to 50%. Wackness!
    01-15-10 04:33 PM
    I have heard that people on .44 (like me) are *****.

Anyone with .44 got the .81 or .84 lately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-19-10 at 09:49 AM. Reason: language
    01-15-10 04:57 PM
    SocialScope = Awesome, Support = Fail
    Totally agree!!!
    01-15-10 05:01 PM
    The support is awful. I contacted the developer through twitter because it does not seem that sending feedback does much. This is an elite club, don't let anyone fool you otherwise. I had to trade a program just to get the update to .81, and am now trying to barter for the update to .84. The bugs I see are the same as anyone else sees; horrible battery life, and that twitter is over capacity when I can go on ubertwitter and see twitter just fine and refresh it just fine.

The developers twitter handle is @amitkumar01, his name is Amit Kumar, for those of you who do not know. He seems to be tired of everyone complaining. He does not see a problem that if people inform him of fixes for his software, something that other developers pay programmers money for, and does not push out fixes equally to said testers. How can you call this a beta if you do not provide your beta testers with the latest version of your program?

Now he is threatening that everyone who complains will be kicked out of the program. Which implies that the update system is a lie since they can control what happens to each individual user. He doesn't seem to understand what a beta is. He thinks that he owes us nothing, which is technically untrue. You see, we have all formed a basic contract with him, and he has formed one with all of us. He requires us to keep disclosure on the app, and also requires us to send feedback. In fact, one user tweeted him that his timeline was lagging, and he threatened to kick said user out of the beta because he tweeted it there and not through feedback.

@amitkumar01 also lets be clear its a beta you should expect to have issues if don't want to deal with them wait for the full release

He doesn't seem to have a problem with taking shots at other programs out there either:
    amitkumar01 @duck383 you have no idea how many users we have and we don't want to put out a crap product like other people

He is also saying that the cause of the slow updates to everyone is not due to their servers, but because "the app isn't ready yet." Here's the convo:

CaptainArsenal: @amitkumar01 The app is ready, just not your servers? Is that a correct statement?

@CaptainArsenal no it is not the app isn't ready

duck383: crazy process they are using >funny uber has 163k + users , ss 7k and they cant supply updates to all

@duck383 you have no idea how many users we have and we don't want to put out a crap product like other people

@duck383 also its not that we can't we don't want a crap ugly product out there

So what now socialscope apologists? One other user I follow said "Reading @amitkumar01's tweets to you - and everyone else - I would *never* use Social Scope. Not in a million years." I get its a great program and all, but really the developers need to learn a thing or two. I wonder where "Ubiquitous Systems" is incorporated, and if they realize they stole another company's name. That could be trouble for then if and when they try to sell socialscope...
    01-15-10 09:20 PM
    Reading his tweets just totally turned me off of socialscope. I'll be uninstalling it.

01-15-10 10:40 PM
    The support is awful. I contacted the developer through twitter because it does not seem that sending feedback does much. This is an elite club, don't let anyone fool you otherwise. I had to trade a program just to get the update to .81, and am now trying to barter for the update to .84. The bugs I see are the same as anyone else sees; horrible battery life, and that twitter is over capacity when I can go on ubertwitter and see twitter just fine and refresh it just fine.

The developers twitter handle is @amitkumar01, his name is Amit Kumar, for those of you who do not know. He seems to be tired of everyone complaining. He does not see a problem that if people inform him of fixes for his software, something that other developers pay programmers money for, and does not push out fixes equally to said testers. How can you call this a beta if you do not provide your beta testers with the latest version of your program?

Now he is threatening that everyone who complains will be kicked out of the program. Which implies that the update system is a lie since they can control what happens to each individual user. He doesn't seem to understand what a beta is. He thinks that he owes us nothing, which is technically untrue. You see, we have all formed a basic contract with him, and he has formed one with all of us. He requires us to keep disclosure on the app, and also requires us to send feedback. In fact, one user tweeted him that his timeline was lagging, and he threatened to kick said user out of the beta because he tweeted it there and not through feedback.

@amitkumar01 also lets be clear its a beta you should expect to have issues if don't want to deal with them wait for the full release

He doesn't seem to have a problem with taking shots at other programs out there either:
    amitkumar01 @duck383 you have no idea how many users we have and we don't want to put out a crap product like other people

He is also saying that the cause of the slow updates to everyone is not due to their servers, but because "the app isn't ready yet." Here's the convo:

CaptainArsenal: @amitkumar01 The app is ready, just not your servers? Is that a correct statement?

@CaptainArsenal no it is not the app isn't ready

duck383: crazy process they are using >funny uber has 163k + users , ss 7k and they cant supply updates to all

@duck383 you have no idea how many users we have and we don't want to put out a crap product like other people

@duck383 also its not that we can't we don't want a crap ugly product out there

So what now socialscope apologists? One other user I follow said "Reading @amitkumar01's tweets to you - and everyone else - I would *never* use Social Scope. Not in a million years." I get its a great program and all, but really the developers need to learn a thing or two. I wonder where "Ubiquitous Systems" is incorporated, and if they realize they stole another company's name. That could be trouble for then if and when they try to sell socialscope...
    yep that was my conversation to @captainarsenal and @amitkumar01
    01-15-10 10:48 PM
    Supply and demand moves products and services. If there are issues with the way potential customers are treated, it won't sell.

Now, having read some of the tweets, I don't know that I would have handled this as well as Amit did if someone sent increasingly agitated comments to my personal twitter account. I guess the way I see it, I send all my issues via the requested route; if they ignore them, I have the option of removing the software. In the tweets I read, the insults were somewhat one-sided.

I guess I don't get the aggravation. In pure marketing terms, having three different betas out at a time could be more beneficial than we think.

As for taking a swipe at other products, I think that it reaching a bit.

For the record, I don't even know that SocialScope is the best client out there, IMHO. I don't wanna minimize valid concerns, but I have had the privilege (and sometimes, horror ) of serving as a beta tester for countless products for quite a long time. This is not the most restrictive one I have dealt with.
    01-15-10 11:24 PM
    Update: Seems like he is a bigger baby than I thought. He literally canceled my account. Actually he was so vindictive he canceled both of my accounts since I had to barter for a second one just to get the update.

I think its funny that the developer of socialscope is just an immature child. But no matter, for all I want/need to do on twitter (lol, need) ubertwitter is plenty, I also have tweetgenius which may come out with an update one of these days, and seeismic seems to be catching up too. What Amit doesn't realize is that everyone copies off of everyone else, and very soon the features that make his app unique will be with another app. We've already seen it start to happen with ubertwitter. But no one wants to give patronage to a complete and utter asshat. I'm glad I supposedly made his life more difficult, if I can in any way I will continue to do so if the opportunity so arises. I have already let the first Ubiquitous Systems know about the trademark violation.

Otherwise, I have the absolute satisfaction that I really got to Mr. Amit and caused him to have a hissy fit like a little girl. Thats right, the developer of socialscope acts just like a little girl.
    Last edited by Zman3001; 01-15-10 at 11:34 PM.
    01-15-10 11:26 PM
    Supply and demand moves products and services. If there are issues with the way potential customers are treated, it won't sell.

Now, having read some of the tweets, I don't know that I would have handled this as well as Amit did if someone sent increasingly agitated comments to my personal twitter account. I guess the way I see it, I send all my issues via the requested route; if they ignore them, I have the option of removing the software. In the tweets I read, the insults were somewhat one-sided.

I guess I don't get the aggravation. In pure marketing terms, having three different betas out at a time could be more beneficial than we think.

As for taking a swipe at other products, I think that it reaching a bit.

For the record, I don't even know that SocialScope is the best client out there, IMHO. I don't wanna minimize valid concerns, but I have had the privilege (and sometimes, horror ) of serving as a beta tester for countless products for quite a long time. This is not the most restrictive one I have dealt with.
    All I kept asking him was why. All I wanted to do was point out the different point of view, and show him why people are so agitated. His hissy fit was uncalled for. And on his twitter account, it states that he is a developer for social scope. Now, if you had an issue with software, and you weren't getting any answers from tech support on the issue you had with said software, and you had one outlet, maybe an email of the developer, you take that outlet.

In pure marketing terms, the customer is always right. Misinformation, insults, threats, and hissy fits, are not the way to run a business. Whether Amit likes it or not, he DOES owe socialscope users something. As beta testers, they provide for him a service that would normally cost money in exchange for the usage of software. This is the definition of a beta. The only beta warnings he had up were to submit feedback at the sign of a problem so they can fix it. No as is usage. Therefore, his promise of software in exchange for services as a tester is binding, and can be relied upon. There is an exchange, a contract for services rendered. And he stated he can't afford a lawyer. Seems I could already have a valid lawsuit against him already. I'd hate to see what happens if he keeps this up once he starts selling socialscope...
    Last edited by Zman3001; 01-15-10 at 11:38 PM.
    01-15-10 11:32 PM
    I got the update a few days ago. Most likely they are rolling it out like they did with 81.

01-15-10 11:34 PM
    Wow, I sense a lot of bitterness.
    01-15-10 11:36 PM
288 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD