This was posted as a tweet from @foursquare today about 3hrs ago:

Hey Blackberry users, @SocialScope using our API to allow @foursquare checkins (private beta, but take a look!) SocialScope Incorporates Foursquare, Twitter Lists | davefleet.com

This talks about a new version 0.9.5.81 that is in private beta and those of us who have social scope cannot upgrade to this private beta...Please do not tell me that after waiting months for an upgrade to the beta we have, they are going to do a private upgrade!!!

Does anyone have any info on this...I have never used foursquare and I am following them on twitter to see what they are all about and I saw this in my timeline.

Thanks for any info!
    Last edited by indigoblu; 12-08-09 at 05:12 PM.
    12-08-09 04:59 PM
    They have always had a private beta group that constantly gets upgrades. If your are a "lite" user than you are not part of that group.
    12-09-09 12:41 AM
    As a lite user, I am increasingly annoyed by SocialScope.

Whilst they constantly update the FULL client, the lite is left miles behind.

All we want is trends and more than 100 tweets!

Thow us a fricken bone, will you?
    12-09-09 06:58 AM
    hey at least you guys got an invite, i signed up months upon months ago and never got one.
    12-09-09 08:08 AM
    yeh i know i agree with blueyestm, social scope looks really coool and id love to try it out but damn its harder to get into than a freakin fraternity. i dont fully understand the choosing methods or the 9 month wait or anything about why they are being snubs!!

ps- i'm having a bad day..excuse the attitude
    12-09-09 09:28 AM
    Just get TweetGenius and be done. Fantastic program!
    12-09-09 09:30 AM
    I DID it is awesome but i'd like to incorporate the facebook in with it, i think thats the only thing its missin
    12-09-09 09:32 AM
    Social Scope to me, will never get my biz, if they end up charging....not even annoyed about not getting an invite from 6 months ago.....by the time they release it, who would still want it?
    12-09-09 09:33 AM
    I DID it is awesome but i'd like to incorporate the facebook in with it, i think thats the only thing its missin
    Agreed!
    12-09-09 09:34 AM
    I agree with you agreeing with me
    12-09-09 09:48 AM
    I agree with you agreeing with me
    Are you being a post wh**e?
    12-09-09 09:54 AM
    ha i'd answer that but then i'd be posting again...
    12-09-09 10:03 AM
    Sad to see the developers of this great program showing no interest in updating the "Lite" version. I search everyday for another app that incorporates FB as well as SocialScope Lite does. Till then, I hope the FB app gives us push updates for FB status updates and I won't have to worry about SocialScope anymore.
    12-09-09 12:43 PM
    We'll just have to keep on waiting...
    12-09-09 12:57 PM
    Yeah i agree with BLUEYESTM atleast you guys have it. I have been waiting as well like 5 months. I wouldn't even mind using the lite version. Just something would be great

COME ON SOCIALSCOPE INVITE MORE OF US.
    12-09-09 01:40 PM
    I just got a SocialScope update not too long ago with the revamped GUI & all the stuff that's in that link the thread starter posted. Did anyone else get that update?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-09 04:55 PM
    They have always had a private beta group that constantly gets upgrades. If your are a "lite" user than you are not part of that group.
    Wrong. Lite users are getting the update as well. A friend of mine who got SocialScope lite a few months after I got mine just got the update today.

I'm gonna keep emailing them until I get the update pushed to me.
    12-09-09 06:55 PM
    Social Scope is a cool program. I don't like how SS notifies me of every status update. I prefer TweetGenius and the native Facebook app from RIM. Yes, I have to have two icons, but better in my opinion.

As for SS doing a private beta...good for business to create hype...but the public is going crazy waiting forever for an invite. So just open the doors and let the public have it. People will start losing interest. I wouldn't take it over TG any day.
    12-09-09 07:07 PM
    i love socialscope the way it is but i hate that everyone cant experience it.
    12-09-09 08:19 PM
    i just went to the site and re-registered for grins and i got a invite immediately.
    maybe they are giving more out.
    got try it guys
    12-09-09 08:22 PM
    i just went to the site and re-registered for grins and i got a invite immediately.
    maybe they are giving more out.
    got try it guys
    Must be nice wish I had that luck I don't think they like me lol well congrats on your invite
    12-09-09 08:29 PM
    I honestly like the lite version more than what I'm seeing. Not digging the interface really. Trying out tweetgenius now. Couldn't resist. hopefully its as fast as ss.
    12-09-09 08:32 PM
    I prefer tweetgenius but tweeygenius is a battery killer
    12-09-09 08:36 PM
    I honestly like the lite version more than what I'm seeing. Not digging the interface really. Trying out tweetgenius now. Couldn't resist. hopefully its as fast as ss.
    Why I keep hearing about the lite version! Is there a difference from what we are signing up for on their site or is that for the lite version! I just one version I don't care
    12-09-09 08:36 PM
    Why I keep hearing about the lite version! Is there a difference from what we are signing up for on their site or is that for the lite version! I just one version I don't care
    The 'lite' is technically an older version. The NEWEST is for private testers. So you wait for an invite to get an OLD version while they test the new.
    12-09-09 08:41 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD