OK, so I've heard over and over that this app is the greatest thing since sliced bread. And, like tons of other people I have been waiting for months to get an invite.....six months in fact. and my wait isnt unusual, lots of peeps are still waiting.

Now, I see lots of people with screen shots with the icon for SS and I am thinking, how is everyone else got this app but me? I've emailed and asked them several times, only to get no response at all. I get that it is in beta, but I mean how long does that take? RIM is quicker at releasing beta than these people.
    04-12-10 10:11 AM
    You are not alone. I quit caring a long time ago. I suggest you do the same.
    04-12-10 10:47 AM
    U can try reapplying, but that doesn't guarantee anything.

Which BlackBerry do u have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 10:54 AM
    The Twitter for BlackBerry app is my favorite Twitter app. I was a user of SocialScope's .88 release, so that's saying something!
    04-12-10 01:41 PM
    Are you serious? Am using .81 SocialScope and loving it so much more over T4BB...
    04-12-10 01:58 PM
    Unfortunately the only people that love the app, are the only ones that were able to receive and invite.
    04-12-10 03:10 PM
    Unfortunately the only people that love the app, are the only ones that were able to receive and invite.
    this is so true, been on .44 since june
    04-12-10 04:53 PM
    Nobody ever understands how SS does it with invites
    04-12-10 04:55 PM
    You are not alone. I quit caring a long time ago. I suggest you do the same.
    I agree. I have SocialScope and do not use it anymore. I will not support the developers in any way, they will not help you or respond. Many who have talked bad about SocialScope on Twitter had their accounts deleted. I was alos told if you have the .44 version, you will not be getting an upgrade...
    04-12-10 04:57 PM
    Had the app, dug it, but I use Facebook and Twitter apps (RIM versions) because I want the Message list integration. Their haphazard SocialScope rollout is ridiculous (on .81 here).
    04-12-10 05:43 PM
    I agree. I have SocialScope and do not use it anymore. I will not support the developers in any way, they will not help you or respond. Many who have talked bad about SocialScope on Twitter had their accounts deleted. I was alos told if you have the .44 version, you will not be getting an upgrade...
    That is sad that they delete ppls accounts if they talk bad about the app. Isn't everyone entitled to there opinion, that right there shows they do not care about there customers.

04-12-10 05:45 PM
    The devoloper was bashing RIM and BlackBerry a lot, I said something to him about it and he deleted my account.

04-12-10 06:06 PM
    Had the app, dug it, but I use Facebook and Twitter apps (RIM versions) because I want the Message list integration. Their haphazard SocialScope rollout is ridiculous (on .81 here).
    Well I'm still .44 so anyone who has stopped using, feel free to pass your .81 or 88 to me

04-12-10 11:50 PM
    I send bug reports and get responses from the developers regularly plus I get updates too but I don't think I'm on THE latest version. I'm on .88 but I heard there is a .92 floating around.

04-12-10 11:58 PM
    The devoloper was bashing RIM and BlackBerry a lot, I said something to him about it and he deleted my account.

Now that's just sad...I read his comments also regarding RIM's Twitter. Trying to imply RIM took UI elements from SS & implemented it in RIM's version but didn't execute it correctly. He can express his opinions & no one else can or risk their SS account being deleted!?! SMH...BAD BUSINESS
    04-12-10 11:59 PM
    I send bug reports and get responses from the developers regularly plus I get updates too but I don't think I'm on THE latest version. I'm on .88 but I heard there is a .92 floating around.

No offense but I've yet to see a "moderator" stuck on an older version than .88....It seems as though the SS developer is real tight with Kevin, Bl1aze, etc...& keeps them up to date. Its cool though, I've moved on to UT. For those with newer/current versions of SS, enjoy.
    04-13-10 12:03 AM
    The Twitter for BlackBerry app is my favorite Twitter app. I was a user of SocialScope's .88 release, so that's saying something!
    that's interesting, i'm really not impressed with twitter 4 bb. personally, i think it's a very messy ui.

i just like ss because it does everything i need, including fb & fs. moreover, i love the appearance of comments & dms on ss.

i just wish ss had push and fb photo album uploads. then i could finally delete my fb app...
    04-13-10 04:11 AM

Whoa?! WTF? Now that's some ol' shullbit if you ask me. My experience with Socialscope is a lot different though. Honestly, I got in on one of the really early versions when it was still hackable. A time when all you needed was someone to send you the link for the .jad and you could register within the app et voila!! *sigh* Those were the days!

At this point, I'm on version .88 and when I email them, they email me back. Yes, every time. Well, with the exception of feedback.

So, I can't really relate. I'm just giving my opinion and saying I don't think they suck and their customer service rocks! I think the main problem though is that the program has gotten a lot bigger than they expected. It was supposed to be super small. Then you had people like me who got in the program through leaks, and spread the word like wildfire and told friends etc. Then once that was shut down, EVERYONE knew about it and wanted an invite and they tried to be nice and compensate.

Imagine, if you were a developer and you couldn't really develop your program because you have thousands of emails from people saying the SAME THING OVER AND OVER. Not being a butthole, but I'd ignore you too.

Now, every cloud has a silver lining. Really, I've gotten about 4 invites other than the one that I initially got (and gave them away). I did what I suggest you do: request an invite from every single email address you have.

If you're anything like me, you have about 10. So do it. I don't even consider it cheating, because in the latest 'statement' that SocialScope put out they said it themselves: If you've been waiting for months, request another one!!

I'll also keep manning my inboxes and if I get anymore invites, I'll let the CB family know. You guys can wrestle for them. Hehehe. I'm kidding.
    04-13-10 05:01 AM
    ^^While it's nice to see some of you have had no issues and get replies regularly, honestly they've become OLD NEWS now.

It's what happens when you have a couple of wannabees trying to play developer, so they came up with a decent app, the problem was they didn't follow thru with it. Now they keep it locked down like they're some little society with a cool app, thing is there is lots more in development and some already available that will blow them out of the competition.

There's a saying " If ya snooze, ya lose "

SS = EPIC FAIL
    04-13-10 07:24 AM
    I guess you're lucky then. I think its a load of bull**** cos I'm sure lots of people were missed out on the invite. Its been a well known fact that SS has been rubbish with their CS so if you ask me I'd rather give it a miss having gotten SS before. the whole idea behind it is incredibly shady.
    04-13-10 07:47 AM
    I think the Twitter for BB has the best UI seen in a BB twitter app! It FEELS like Twitter made it.
    04-13-10 10:36 AM
    I think UberTwitter blows SocialScope away on the Twitter part, and UT's customer service is top notch. I believe that if UberTwitter keeps going the route they are and the new UI is a hit, they will be THE Twitter client for the BlackBerry...
    04-13-10 11:17 AM
    Even if I received an invite I wouldn't be happy bc I don't think its right for some people to receive and some not to. Everyone should have a chance to be apart of something regardless of what they had intended for the app. I like some ppl might have even paid for this app when it went public but if you can't even get out of beta and you have been like that for over a year that's sad. If people have to wait over 6 months for an invite that people who have and ppl who haven't have mixed feelings about the app there's something wrong. To my knowledge I don't know if anyone is still receiving invites and that says something right there. Its been so long since I sent my first request and many after that I can't even remember when I sent my first request.

Last edited by hitman52; 04-13-10 at 11:42 AM.
    04-13-10 11:40 AM
    I'd love to get an invite, but like so many others, I've had no luck in that regard. I am doubtful that SS is still giving out invites. When I first applied, the canned email response said I might have to wait weeks before getting an invite. I applied again a couple of days ago & the canned response had changed - now it says something like we'll contact you if a place opens up in the beta or when the app goes public.

From the sound of it, I feel a little bad for the developers. They obviously have an app that has generated a lot of interest. If they had been able to capitalize on that with a paid app, they'd be in clover. Two words - Tweet Genius!!!

Anyway, I agree with a couple of other posts in that Twitter for BB is a really excellent app. Uber still has the best functionality and once its UI is prettied up and it incorporates push notifications (hopefully integrated into the native notification structure), it will definitely be THE BB twitter app to beat. I just hope they're still on track for an April release

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-13-10 05:29 PM
    I think the Twitter for BB has the best UI seen in a BB twitter app! It FEELS like Twitter made it.
    Same thoughts here. I'm loving the twitter from messages window as well. The only thing I'd love more is if they wouldn't group up the twitters in the messages window. If you get 1 tweet you can see it but multiple just say you have tweets. It'd be nice if the tweets worked like messages.
    04-13-10 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD