Ive been waiting for a year and a half now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 01:06 AM
    I have been using SocialScope for about 6 months or more now; I love it. It keeps get better with every update. I do not use any other app for twitter. I rarely use FaceBook for Blackberry as well. SocialScope is the best out there!!! I was the waiting list for only about 6 months and it was worth the wait!!!
    09-21-10 12:52 PM
    I have been using SocialScope for about 6 months or more now; I love it. It keeps get better with every update. I do not use any other app for twitter. I rarely use FaceBook for Blackberry as well. SocialScope is the best out there!!! I was the waiting list for only about 6 months and it was worth the wait!!!
    100% agree with you! I always try new ones and after about 5 minutes I find myself deleting them!
    09-21-10 12:56 PM
    does anyone know if there is a criteria to meet to be excepted for an invite?
    09-24-10 08:38 AM
    does anyone know if there is a criteria to meet to be excepted for an invite?
    nt sure im still waiting on an invite.
    09-24-10 08:50 AM
    I've been waiting for about several month, I make a request with all my email, six emails I follow the twitter too. But till now I get no answer
    Somebody have a tip for this?

Follow my twitter @bayuaul thx

09-27-10 07:17 PM
    Even with all the bugs in I still love SocialScope over twitter app and Ubertwitter for BlackBerry. Follow me on Princess (ouidah27) on Twitter
    09-29-10 02:45 PM
    doesnt work for OS6 so i have left Socialscope.
    09-29-10 05:17 PM
    Might be a long shot but can I have your account? Just asking!

09-29-10 05:57 PM
    anyone have any extra invites ?thanx.
    09-29-10 06:02 PM
    it does work for os6 there was a different way that you had to load it up...Ive heard of a couple of people running Socialscope on os6
    09-29-10 06:30 PM
    ===== QUOTE binkyj1101 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

it does work for os6 there was a different way that you had to load it up...Ive heard of a couple of people running Socialscope on os6
    I tried it on OS 6 and it works, but it won't scroll so there's no point in loading it on OS 6.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-29-10 10:07 PM
    I tried it on OS 6 and it works, but it won't scroll so there's no point in loading it on OS 6.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    As OS6 has a social feeds app there doesn't really seem much point in loading Social Scope on an OS6 device. Device owners that are stuck on OS4.5-OS5 are the only people that are going to get any use out of Social Scope.

I'd like to know why is it taking so long for Social Scope to go public, it seems to have been in Private Beta as long as I've been a BlackBerry user (which will be a year in November/December)?

Roland
    10-15-10 04:45 AM
    As one who has used both apps, I can tell you that Social Feeds cannot do anywhere near what SocialScope does. Basically, SF allows you to view your tweets, FB updates, RSS feeds, etc. To actually reply or get more details, it takes you to the native app. The only thing, other than viewing, that you can do in SF is to make a new post to both FB and Twitter at once. SS is basically a replacement app for both Twitter and FB. In addition to viewing your updates, you can do virtually anything that you can do in the native apps and then some. For instance, you can mute people and/or games, apps or whatever in FB just like the desktop app. You can view Twitter trends and all of the other searches that Twitter allows. It's a great app that I think will only get better with time, although I don't understand the mindset of the developer(s), keeping it as such a limited beta. I waited almost a year for an invite. SF is a nice attempt by RIM to create a SS-type app, but I found it somewhat redundant and used it as a quick-see overview of my feeds. One gripe I had with it is that it seemed to lose its "last-read" position quite regularly. Vodaphone Update is the other all-in-one app, and while being pretty good, I'd place it between the other two apps. It's more like SS, but doesn't have as many features. I use no other Twitter client with SocialScope, and keep the RIM Facebook app around only for the push notifications. Hope this explains things a bit better.
    10-15-10 06:09 AM
    I don't think the developers of SS seem to be doing anything any more their FB page has not been updated since October 2009. I follow them on twitter and they never seem to post anything on there. It seems a shame that they are stubborn and won't just open the Beta program up to everyone, even RIM let anyone join the beta of applications through Beta Zone.

I used to like Vodafone Update but that's lost it's appeal now that I can only use it for Facebook and Linkedin as the twitter part no longer works since the Authentication change in twitter, I also used to use Social Beat but there doesn't seem to be any live OTA links any more, I've resulted to Snaptu to get Facebook and twitter in one (not an ideal solution though).
    How long has SS been in Beta?

Roland
    Last edited by Rolandh; 10-15-10 at 06:37 AM.
    10-15-10 06:33 AM
    Ive been waiting on a socialscope invite for over a year.
    10-15-10 06:44 AM
    Ive been waiting on a socialscope invite for over a year.
    I've been waiting nearly a year for a SS invite.

Roland
    10-15-10 06:57 AM
    I dont uderstamd why you need a invite anyway and why its still in beta this long.
    10-15-10 07:44 AM
    I would say the developers are slow. Does not matter anyways, Social Feeds does the SS thing and is included in OS6. Personally I could care less now if SS ever gets released at all.
    10-15-10 07:50 AM
    The number of people posting saying they could careless if socialscope gets a public release or not make me laugh. If you seriously did not care about it, you wouldn't find the need to posts on threads about it.
    10-15-10 09:14 AM
    I used to like Vodafone Update but that's lost it's appeal now that I can only use it for Facebook and Linkedin as the twitter part no longer works since the Authentication change in twitter...
    VU most certainly does still work for posting to Twitter. I just made several posts, and they are showing up just fine. You may want to try a battery pull or a re-installation.
    10-15-10 09:21 AM
    they need OS6 support >.<
    10-15-10 09:23 AM
    they need OS6 support >.<
    ditto, i've been waiting for an OS6 version for weeks now!
    10-15-10 09:41 AM
    I don't think the developers of SS seem to be doing anything any more their FB page has not been updated since October 2009. I follow them on twitter and they never seem to post anything on there.

Roland
    Version 0.9.5.136 was just released in September. They are working on it.
    10-15-10 10:30 AM
    I would say the developers are slow. Does not matter anyways, Social Feeds does the SS thing and is included in OS6. Personally I could care less now if SS ever gets released at all.
    As I pointed out in my previous post, SF does NOT do the "SS thing" and is nowhere near a replacement for it.
    10-15-10 10:34 AM
364 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD