Does anyone know if the weather icons (the picture of the sun, clouds, etc.) are the same between the free and elite version, or are they different?

I like the features of the elite version, but the icons are something to be desired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 10:32 PM
    Anyone?

I was also wondering how the GPS worked on WB Elite. Does it poll from time to time to get your temp from your current location, or does it only update your location when you actually open the app?

Also, does WB Elite display the current conditions on the home screen icon? What I mean by that is does it show partly cloudy, fog, etc. next to the current temp/hi/lo?

Thanks.
    09-09-10 05:07 PM
    I really wanted to like Weatherbug Elite. I've been using it for months. BUT- their lack of response in fixing the useless generic alerts (you get the real alerts in the free version, why not the pay version?) finally pushed me over the edge to try WeatherBerry. I find WB to be superior in every way. The alerts may not be pushed, but you can get them every 5 minutes (which I feel is better than relying on a push service over which you have no control.). The radar loads almost instantly. I can go on and list all the features I like better, but there's no point because evryone has different needs. Suffice it to say that for me, there is nothing missing in BerryWeather that I had in WeatherBug Elite, and BW offers much more. Score BerryWeather 5/5 stars, WeatherBug Elite 2/5.
    09-09-10 07:35 PM
    I really wanted to like Weatherbug Elite. I've been using it for months. BUT- their lack of response in fixing the useless generic alerts (you get the real alerts in the free version, why not the pay version?) finally pushed me over the edge to try WeatherBerry. I find WB to be superior in every way. The alerts may not be pushed, but you can get them every 5 minutes (which I feel is better than relying on a push service over which you have no control.). The radar loads almost instantly. I can go on and list all the features I like better, but there's no point because evryone has different needs. Suffice it to say that for me, there is nothing missing in BerryWeather that I had in WeatherBug Elite, and BW offers much more. Score BerryWeather 5/5 stars, WeatherBug Elite 2/5.
    I almost could have written the same post. I REALLY wanted to like Weatherbug Elite, and post accolades when it first came out. But it remained odd (weird, non-standard UI), was never updated to cache the last weather download (it's been something like 2 years now???), and is simply too slow considering that I might check some aspect of the weather several times a day and simply don't want to wait for WE to contact the server and fetch new info each and every time I open the app.

BerryWeather may be slightly less feature rich, but it's quite good, offers a gorgeous UI and more UI options than any other weather app, caches the weather so it's ALWAYS there when I open the app....

I still own a license for Weatherbug Elite, and peek in on it every few months -- but it seems that development is at a standstill, and none of the issues that irk me seem to be on their product backlog list for future development, so WE remains uninstalled on my 8900...
    09-09-10 09:31 PM
    Does anyone know if the weather icons (the picture of the sun, clouds, etc.) are the same between the free and elite version, or are they different?

I like the features of the elite version, but the icons are something to be desired.

I recently purchased elite and wish I hadn't. Radar is cool but the icons are not there and the thermometer at the top of the screen doesn't show the temp. I have contacted WB several tomes but have not heard back.

09-18-10 09:48 AM
    I purchased Weatherbug elite today. It gave me the activation code. I selected reboot later so I can copy/paste the code into a memo. Copied the code, hit the menu button to go to menu. Instead of going to the menu the bb rebooted! Naturally my copied code was ereased during reboot so I never got the chance to paste into the memo app. Now weatherbug wont work without the code. I requested the code from AWS but I wont get it until the beginning of the week. Should I just wait for the code or would uninstalling it and re-downloading give me the code? I downloaded it from BB app world. Will I just get the message that I already purchased it and to refresh My World resulting in no download? Thanks.
    10-09-10 02:33 PM
    Someone Please tell da Bulldog where to get a Weather Bug Bar file for the Playbook?

BD
    06-25-12 03:28 AM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD