can you PM me once you find out what the deal is in case i miss this?
    08-08-09 03:48 PM
    can you PM me once you find out what the deal is in case i miss this?
    Will do! Hopefully soon
    08-08-09 03:49 PM
    I dont think the weatherbug elite is avail.on my curve 8330 that I see in the app store cause I can't find it either , I have it on my Ipod (the weatherbug elite app) was like 2.00 dollars.The only weatherbug I found for my BB cost 14.99 dollars and its not the "elite one" and on the Blackbery app world, so far I just have the Berryweather but its been acting up lately.
    08-08-09 03:51 PM
    I dont think the weatherbug elite is avail.on my curve 8330 that I see in the app store cause I can't find it either , I have it on my Ipod (the weatherbug elite app) was like 2.00 dollars.The only weatherbug I found for my BB cost 14.99 dollars and its not the "elite one" and on the Blackbery app world, so far I just have the Berryweather but its been acting up lately.
    You have to have the latest app world installed to be able to see weatherbug elite. check to make sure you have it.
    08-08-09 03:54 PM
    Anyone that is having issues with Radar and it cannot find BBMaps, What I had to do was Uninstall WB elite, reboot phone, than reinstall WB elite and than it was all set..
    08-08-09 04:15 PM
    Thanks Benny.
    08-08-09 04:15 PM
    I'd suggest you sending your comment to them re:99+
    Any chance you'd be willing to do that for me? I won't be buying it until that's ironed out and I don't think Elite has a trial.
    08-08-09 07:48 PM
    Is there any way to adjust the radar and other overlays transperancy? I really hate that I can't see the map under the overlays. The only one that works right is the active alerts overlay.Is this the same for everyone else? It really bothers me.
    08-09-09 11:50 PM
    I just recieved an email from support in response to the above problem. They say that it is an issue that they plan to fix in the next update. I hope they hurry.
    08-10-09 08:55 AM
    I just got an email back from weatherbug and they just sent me a new activation code so now i'm good. hopefully you get one too Benny.
    08-10-09 02:38 PM
    I just got an email back from weatherbug and they just sent me a new activation code so now i'm good. hopefully you get one too Benny.
    ha sent you a pm, did'nt scroll down far enough to see this post but ya they sent me a new activation key as well.
    08-10-09 05:40 PM
    Yeah, except for the whole, "broke after 99F" issue. I realize it might not affect some of you. But let's say your highest temps right now are around 90F. Would you be happy if the temp icon treated anything >73 as 73+? Pretty silly, huh? There's clearly space for 3 characters and the difference between 99 and 116's pretty significant down here.

/rant
    I totally agree. One of the reasons I upgraded to Elite (other than no more ads) was to have the temp display in the banner but it's useless when all you get is 99+. Especially when you live in AZ as we do. Pi$$ poor programming in my opinion. I'm even more irritated about the fact that I emailed support about this issue 2+ weeks ago and have gotten zero response. Not even anything stating they're aware of the issue. I wouldn't care so much if it was free but I paid for it and as such expect it to work as advertised no matter my location or current temperature.
    08-12-09 03:47 PM
    109 today! Ugh...lookin' like 76 Sun @ 5am though. I'll be on McDowell mountain w/ my bike. Can't friggin' wait.

EDIT: Unless I stay up to late @ the LAN party Saturday night.
    08-12-09 04:21 PM
    Anyone have any alert activation problems? I get an error when I first install saying "Registration Failed [0]" when it is trying to register for alert notifications. The program works fine and my key works to run the program. I then get errors in my event log that says "Registration with MDE failed!" and "Error running MDE sync request - java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException". The program says that alerts are active (preferences at the bottom of the page) and allows me to deactivate/reactivate alerts, and says that it was 'successful' but I continue to get these errors. I've emailed support, but wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. I'm running a Storm on Verizon with version .151 and the .148 radio (had problems with the .151 radio, I had this working on the .132 radio, but memory leaks were huge!).
    08-25-09 06:26 PM
    i got this and i had to get a new tour and when i went to re install it the activation code it gives me fails. that sucks
    08-25-09 07:42 PM
    So is anyone having problems with the icon on the header of their home screen and the WBicon itself? The thermometer icon doesn't display a number and the WB icon doesn't change. My permissions are set to allow everything and the undate is for every 15 minutes but with not luck.
    I'm having the same problem. The icon was working fine before I upgraded to .230. When I upgraded my OS also upgraded to WB Elite. Now it's showing the thermometer in the status bar, but no temperature next to it. Also not changing the icon from the default WB icon.

Any ideas?
    10-05-09 12:17 PM
    I'm having the same problem. The icon was working fine before I upgraded to .230. When I upgraded my OS also upgraded to WB Elite. Now it's showing the thermometer in the status bar, but no temperature next to it. Also not changing the icon from the default WB icon.

Any ideas?
    I'm running it now undere 5.0.0.238. Works fine for the most part, but it seems that 238 must have parts that "go bad" over time. I've found that various UI functions stop working after a day or two, and that a battery pull "fixes" these issues. Last night, I had the thermometer in my homescreen header / status bar with no temp showing. Since doing a battery pull, it's there, up to date and correct.
    10-05-09 12:21 PM
    I got a question, why isn't my homescreen icon changing with the updates?
    07-18-10 04:15 PM
    I bought it the right after I received my blackberry in February of 2009. It's a terrific App, and I absolutely love it. SO much better than the other's out there. It's totally worth $4.99...
    07-18-10 05:21 PM
    I was an early adopter -- installed on my 8900 last year. But it seemed to be SO slow, and once BerryWeather got the bugs fixed, it seemed so much prettier and more responsive -- for one thing, BerryWeather caches your last weather reading, so it's there immediately when you open the app. WeatherBug Elite has to pull the weather every single time you open it, so it's far slower to see a standard view of the day, week, etc.

I kept both apps running for a couple of months, and finally gave up on Weatherbug Elite -- and uninstalled it. Just now reinstalled for the first time in something like a year. I can't tell if it's the same version, although it seems to have a couple of features I didn't remember (tiny changes if any). Still feels slow to open.

Unfortunately, even a year later, the jury is still out. I really WANT to like this app, but it still feels clunky and slow to me, and I'm still disappointed that it won't cache the last weather data pull and show THAT to me when it first opens (like BerryWeather). Ah well... will leave it on for a few days and then decide whether to keep or give up on it again...
    08-16-10 04:58 PM
    Accidental double-post
    Last edited by vinmontRD; 08-17-10 at 07:01 PM. Reason: cleaning up my inadvertant mess...
    08-16-10 04:59 PM
    Alerts on BeWeather work better. I have had both installed together and I get alerts on BeWeather that never show with WeatherBug.

I just noticed and purchased it tonight also, darn those featured apps!
    I'm liking it as well. Push alerts are essential. Who wants to find out 15 minutes later than a tornado is coming?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 10:11 AM
    Alerts on BeWeather work better. I have had both installed together and I get alerts on BeWeather that never show with WeatherBug.
    Actually, WeatherBug use RIM's push service, which acts as a real-time intermediary between content providers and the Java push API's on your Blackberry. In theory, if the content provider issues real time alerts, push content like this can get to your Blackberry faster. A good example that I see when using Weatherbug is the Lightning Strike alert -- I will generally receive alerts of lightning strikes that are within 6 miles of my location, and the alerts generally happen extremely quickly after the event. By contrast, BerryWeather polls on a schedule, and pulls the alert data -- you choose the frequency (e.g., 15 mins, 30 mins, hourly). This is generally fine, but if you feel you need real-time tornado warnings then you'd be better off with WeatherBug's push alerts.

For my purposes, BerryWeather's alerts are sufficient. I like some of WeatherBug's features, but on the 8900 I found it slow to load -- I understand it feels snappier on a 9700. When I grab my 8900 to check the weather, I generally don't like to wait for an app to initialize -- I just want a quick peek at current conditions or the immediate forecast (e.g., I'm heading uptown for a meeting - should I bring an umbrella?). If I'm sitting down and looking at weather for the next few days, either app is fine. But for quick checks on the weather, I found WeatherBug simply too slow and cumbersome. Another major factor for me is that BerryWeather caches the last data it received, and shows that -- WeatherBug won't show me anything until it initializes and then downloads an update from their servers. This has got to be a big factor in the relative delay. Also frustrating if I'm in a NYC subway, as WeatherBug can't get a connection till I'm back above ground and have a connection again -- BerryWeather simply shows the last cached update it received, much like an RSS reader.

I like all the extra features that WeatherBug Elite offers, but it's too slow and cumbersome for me (at least on my 8900), doesn't cache updates, and it also seems to eat a pretty large chunk of memory when installed, even when not open (maybe not a major consideration - just something to be aware of).

In the end: I've owned a license for WB Elite for the past year. I used it until BerryWeather got polished, and then I uninstalled WB Elite after using both in parallel for a couple of months. I just tried reinstalling the latest version, and was reminded of the features I had liked -- as well as the reasons I stopped using it. After a couple of days, I have uninstalled WB Elite again, and I'm relying on BerryWeather alone.

If you need real-time push alerts (e.g., 15 min updates aren't enough), then WeatherBug Elite is probably one of the most cost effective ways to get them. You can also subscribe to real-time text alerts without using the software, but this tends to actually cost more, e.g., something like $3 / month.

Since we all have somewhat different reasons / needs regarding weather apps and alerts, many of us will come to different conclusions. Best to be informed, and decide what works best for you. For the moment, BerryWeather is the better solution for me.
    08-17-10 11:10 AM
    Tried it and didn't like it. I am now making my way through all the free weather apps...there are a lot of good free weather apps...not sure I will ever pay for one.
    08-17-10 06:29 PM
    I bought it for the severe alerts and the animated radar with severe weather boxes down to streetview. I really wanted BerryWeather for the customization and interaction with BerryBuzz but the radar map is a joke. Any app can tell u the temp or rain probability but u cant beat push alerts and the watch/warning boxes on WeatherBug. It works fine on my Storm2.
    Last edited by unseenme; 09-06-10 at 08:27 AM.
    09-06-10 08:24 AM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD