From home screen click on options icon >> advanced option >> Maps. Make sure bb maps is set as the default. while your in options select applications, then highlight wbe and hit the bb button and select edit default permissions. make sure everything is set to allow. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately that was one of the very first things I did when I noticed a problem. I tried it again just now and it did not work. I am totally dumbfounded by it. Is it possible because I have googlemaps installed also that it's causing some unseen conflict?
    08-03-09 09:56 AM
    Thanks for the quick response, unfortunately that was one of the very first things I did when I noticed a problem. I tried it again just now and it did not work. I am totally dumbfounded by it. Is it possible because I have googlemaps installed also that it's causing some unseen conflict?
    Is bb maps set to default under options? and not google?
    08-03-09 09:59 AM
    Yeah, it won't even let me select google maps as a default. The only option available is Blackberry Maps.
    08-03-09 10:00 AM
    Hmmm, maybe try uninstalling google maps? Other than that I dont know. I installed and have not had a problem. BB maps comes up fine for me.
    08-03-09 10:03 AM
    I uninstalled googlemaps, rebooted, made sure everything was still default and it still doesn't work. I appreciate the help regardless, hopefully someone on here is dealing with AND has solved the same problem I am having.
    08-03-09 10:12 AM
    is there a way to get this besides app world
    08-03-09 11:20 AM
    not me.. i have deleted them all
    08-03-09 11:49 AM
    I installed WB Elite this morning. I like the Temp display in the banner. Odd note about that, though.

It's currently 101 outside, and the App Icon shows 101. The banner text shows the thermometer and 99+.

Seems to me if they could show a +, they could have shown 3 digits. I guess after 100 there's really not much difference, LOL.

Joe
    08-03-09 03:39 PM
    Yep, I bought it too... even though I owned BerryWeather... now that moves to my wifes phone, and I will use this. So far, so good on my Tour.

i have been demoing berry weather and find the custom maps are always behind compared to my local weather stations radar through the browser. How are the radar images on weather bug elite any battery drain issues?

can someone post some shots of the radar. something bigger then app world?
    Last edited by tritan; 08-03-09 at 08:45 PM.
    08-03-09 08:39 PM
    I guess after 100 there's really not much difference, LOL.
    Anything over 100 means no mountain biking the next day.

08-04-09 02:05 AM
    I dont know exactly what step in this process solved my problem.

I backed up my phone, and then wiped the OS via the security tab in options. I then restored from the back up and reinstalled BB Maps, AppWorld, WeatherBug Elite.

Finally, weatherbug works. Maybe this was too much, the solution is much easier? Regardless, I just wanted to let people know that this is what I did to solve the problem.
    08-04-09 09:49 AM
    So is anyone having problems with the icon on the header of their home screen and the WBicon itself? The thermometer icon doesn't display a number and the WB icon doesn't change. My permissions are set to allow everything and the undate is for every 15 minutes but with not luck.
    08-05-09 09:48 PM
    Just bought and installed. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! by fare the best weather app you can get! I had no issues with it sofare. I love the GPS capabilities of it!
    08-06-09 10:47 PM
    Has there been any update on the thermometer icon reading 99+ when over 100 yet?
    08-07-09 06:13 AM
    Anyone on AT&T Bold using this? BB Maps are disabled on AT&T
    08-07-09 07:12 AM
    Bought it and also own berryweather. I keep berryweather in the background and use Weatherbug Elite for the push advisories. It would be awesome if berryweather had push advisories and more detailed weather like weatherbug Elite!
    Weatherbug Elite weather/condition reporting is more detailed than BerryWeather? Are you sure that you're familiar with BW?
    08-07-09 11:56 AM
    Since berryweather has been so unreliable lately, I've turned to Weatherbug Elite as my primary weather app, and I keep berryweather running on the side to watch its progress.

At first, I found Weatherbug Elite's user interface to be odd, but I eventually got used to it and now navigate it with no problem. Over impressions:
    - a bit slow to load up the app, but not a deal-breaker, although faster would be nicer
    - it would be nice if it would cache the data on the current conditions page for my various locations -- instead, it retrieves data for each location as I bring up the page. Again, not a deal-breaker, but I wish the developers thought more in terms of user experience. Doesn't take more than a few seconds to retrieve the weather, so it's really not a big deal. Once loaded, the info is great.
    - the maps feature is pretty good, and they offer a wide variety of info overlays. Once again, the downloads are a bit slow, but the end result is good.
    - the video feature works really well - it's a treat seeing a live weather video from within the app
    - the temp graph is also, and the forecasts provide some nice detail

Now that I'm used to it, and berryweather is still flakey, I'm thinking it will be harder and harder for me to justify the thought of going back to berryweather as the primary weather app. Weatherbug Elite really offers a lot more function and information, and doesn't seem to suffer the same kind of bugs and growing pains that berryweather is suffering. I'll keep an eye on berryweather...but for now, my money is on Weatherbug Elite...
    08-07-09 12:43 PM
    Yeah, except for the whole, "broke after 99F" issue. I realize it might not affect some of you. But let's say your highest temps right now are around 90F. Would you be happy if the temp icon treated anything >73 as 73+? Pretty silly, huh? There's clearly space for 3 characters and the difference between 99 and 116's pretty significant down here.

/rant
    08-07-09 01:32 PM
    Yeah, except for the whole, "broke after 99F" issue. I realize it might not affect some of you. But let's say your highest temps right now are around 90F. Would you be happy if the temp icon treated anything >73 as 73+? Pretty silly, huh? There's clearly space for 3 characters and the difference between 99 and 116's pretty significant down here.

/rant
    There a menu option in the app to send comments to the developers. I haven't tried that route yet, but there are a couple of items I'd like to suggest -- although I have no idea how receptive they'd be and how long it might take to have them considered.

My personal issue with them is the way they handle the GPS location. If I activate it when I'm indoors, the app searches and searches and essentially ties up my 8900, making it laggy and annoying until it finally gives up on finding a GPS signal. The developer(s) at Bellshare had a much more elegant
    approach, allowing you to choose from among:
    -- cell tower location
    -- GPS location
    -- cell tower with GPS fallback
    -- GPS with cell tower fallback

...and their timeouts are reasonable. This way the GPS/Cell location is just about always accurate, and the berry isn't tied up searching endlessly. MUCH better than the way it's done with Weatherbug. I'd like to ask them if they can take this approach as well...

I'd suggest you sending your comment to them re:99+ -- that really is silly, since they can certainly fit anything up to 199 degrees in the same space as 99+. That consideration makes me wonder if they screwed up somewhere else, and somehow restricted the data path sending the temp to the device so that it cannot actually receive temps, in detail, higher than 99...
    08-07-09 02:06 PM
    so i just had to reinstall elite on a new Tour and it says activation code failed. i know it's right...any one know why i can't install it?
    08-08-09 03:09 PM
    so i just had to reinstall elite on a new Tour and it says activation code failed. i know it's right...any one know why i can't install it?
    I am going through the same thing! I emailed the developer and posted it on blackberry.com under app world. I will let you know what I hear back. but ya kinda sucks.
    08-08-09 03:23 PM
    i tried to find a phone number which i did but of course no one answers....i think i might even of saw your post because i google it before i came here.
    08-08-09 03:25 PM
    i tried to find a phone number which i did but of course no one answers....i think i might even of saw your post because i google it before i came here.
    Elite is PIN Specific as of right now, So I don't know if weatherbug Elite is tied to your old pin. Everything "should" come over, seeing as it's BlackBerries application app. But, you never know I guess. Just contact support and hope they get back to you quickly.
    08-08-09 03:32 PM
    well thats what they told me was i would just have to D/L everything again on this new phone...but i can't get the activation code to work and Verizon told me i had to contact weatherbug because it's their program.
    08-08-09 03:34 PM
    It would seem as though app world would transfer it to your new device with the new pin.I'm pretty sure that is what is causing the problem but now we are at the mercy of the developer getting back to us with a valid license code.

The sad part is, even if you wanted to say screw it and just re purchase the program again to obtain a valid license for your current device, you can't! It will just re direct you to Reinstall the previous version with the invalid license code. So once again, your at the developers mercy to get back to you.

So in the mean time I just installed the Free version of weatherbug and we'll see what happens. I Imagine I wont hear from the developer until some time next week as it is the weekend and I emailed them yesterday.
    08-08-09 03:41 PM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD