I just came across this application tonight. I've used the WeatherBug application for quite some time now. This kind of peaked my interest. So, with many weather applications floating around from .99 to as much as 10.00 15.00 or even 20.00 I said what the heck!

The coolest thing about this elite version, are the actual notifications. It actually uses live updates via BlackBerrys push system. It keeps a thermometer on top next to your clock with temperature too.

Check it out on App world.
    It's really an amazing, Who else uses and loves this? Or tried and hated?
    08-01-09 12:08 AM
    Don't have it on my app world

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 12:54 AM
    I just noticed and purchased it tonight also, darn those featured apps!
    I'm liking it as well. Push alerts are essential. Who wants to find out 15 minutes later than a tornado is coming?

08-01-09 01:14 AM
    Hmm.. If you've got the new version of app world, it's in the "top paid" category. If you can't find it, search for weather bug elite
    08-01-09 01:15 AM
    I just noticed and purchased it tonight also, darn those featured apps!
    I'm liking it as well. Push alerts are essential. Who wants to find out 15 minutes later than a tornado is coming?

lol... It's my belief this weather app can NOT be beat as the features it delivers, and cost of app.
    08-01-09 01:16 AM
    Yep, I bought it too... even though I owned BerryWeather... now that moves to my wifes phone, and I will use this. So far, so good on my Tour.
    08-01-09 01:28 AM
    it's only for 4.7 devices right now
    08-01-09 01:35 AM
    Really? I feel special!

08-01-09 02:51 AM
    I almost got sucked in based on the "elite" stamp and cool looking b&w WB logo! Picked up Fierce Towers instead. Who cares about a Tornado when you can be gaming!

So how's the app guys? Does it look different than the normal version I've come to love? What about that top bar, does it show hi/lo or just temp?
    08-01-09 03:49 AM
    I bought it also.So far so good on my tour.I like the little temp icon in the header area, keeps me from having to have to use one of my front screen icons for the weather.
    08-01-09 06:05 AM
    i purchased very dissapointed tells me to install blackberry maps. it is installed contacted suport of course no reply
    08-01-09 10:31 AM
    i just got elite on my tour and it was def well worth the 4.99 just to have the therm/temp right in the info bar...im just trying to figure out how I use the features that app world said it has like radar and lightning mapping??? any of you guys figure that out???
    08-01-09 11:38 AM
    side note: im def not a blackberry newb but I cant find in my profile where to change it???
    08-01-09 11:40 AM
    yea i bought it too and its really the best weather application yet....i really need like advance advance warning alerts and this does that the best
    08-01-09 11:41 AM
    Just purchased WB Elite this morning, and I really like it....but - I'm hoping you guys can help with this.

I recently bought the Tour (my first BB) so I'm still in the middle of learning everything. After I bought WB Elite, I uninstalled the regular Weatherbug (should've done it before), and after I reset the phone, both Elite and free Weatherbug were gone.

While attempting to go back through App World, after selecting WB Elite (whether in My World or as an application for purchase), it never gets past the loading screen.

Now I've tried going through the applications update/install on Desktop Manager, and it says Weatherbug Elite is still on the phone - but the icon doesn't appear anywhere itself. The thermometer is gone from the top of the screen, and the weather indicator is gone - no hint of it being on the handset at all.

Do you guys have any idea what I should do? Because I haven't the foggiest...(*rimshot*)
    Last edited by RavenManiac52; 08-01-09 at 12:14 PM. Reason: adding information
    08-01-09 11:58 AM
    i assumed radar would be in maps, but when i click on maps it says need to install blackberry maps, which i have installed, is that where he radar is ?
    08-01-09 12:07 PM
    I like the kind of content and display Weatherbug Elite can offer, but I'm finding it annoying and clumsy on my 8900.

I've been using BerryWeather, and actually find it a lot more usable than Weatherbug Elite. WE has some cool features, but navigation is very clumsy, the user interface is unintuitive and inconsistent. Also - if you have "my location" turned on, the app can slow your BB down horrendously for the first several minutes after a reboot.

Also: nice to have the little updating icon / temp in the title bar -- but this should be optional, as it can mess you up depending on the theme you have installed...

Again - the content is great - the user interface and navigation is strictly amateur hour. Huge potential, but I'm disappointed in this after all the hype.
    08-01-09 03:33 PM
    Just downloaded it to my Tour and am unable to figure out the maps/radar. It just gives me a blank/beige screen.
    08-02-09 01:35 PM
    Bought it and also own berryweather. I keep berryweather in the background and use Weatherbug Elite for the push advisories. It would be awesome if berryweather had push advisories and more detailed weather like weatherbug Elite!
    08-02-09 03:41 PM
    How do I get the newer version of BB app world?

08-02-09 09:30 PM
    Bought it and also own berryweather. I keep berryweather in the background and use Weatherbug Elite for the push advisories. It would be awesome if berryweather had push advisories and more detailed weather like weatherbug Elite!
    I've got both installed as well now. I still find BerryWeather more pleasing as my daily use app -- and keep Weatherbug Elite around when I want to see more detailed reports.

Re: alerts -- I found the alerts that Weatherbug Elite was dropping into my email inbox were useless -- just one-liners. BerryWeather can ring an alarm and change the icon to indicate an alert -- and then I can open it (and it opens MUCH faster than Weatherbug!) and view "active advisories".

I also find that BerryWeather loads radar maps far faster than Weatherbug does.

In general -- it feels like Weatherbug Elite has a load of raw data that's really good, but the guys who put out BerryWeather (Bellshare) are more sensitive to user experience, and issues like good UI design and response time.

For now, I'll keep both installed. If Bellshare continues to evolve BerryWeather, I suspect it will eventually outdo Weatherbug. Weatherbug has been incredibly slow to enhance their apps, and Bellshare is evolving BerryWeather rather quickly, and taking user feedback in updating the design.

Curious to see how this all falls out...
    08-02-09 09:37 PM
    How do I get the newer version of BB app world?

BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download
    08-02-09 09:38 PM
    Just purchased WB Elite this morning, and I really like it....but - I'm hoping you guys can help with this.

I recently bought the Tour (my first BB) so I'm still in the middle of learning everything. After I bought WB Elite, I uninstalled the regular Weatherbug (should've done it before), and after I reset the phone, both Elite and free Weatherbug were gone.

While attempting to go back through App World, after selecting WB Elite (whether in My World or as an application for purchase), it never gets past the loading screen.

Now I've tried going through the applications update/install on Desktop Manager, and it says Weatherbug Elite is still on the phone - but the icon doesn't appear anywhere itself. The thermometer is gone from the top of the screen, and the weather indicator is gone - no hint of it being on the handset at all.

Do you guys have any idea what I should do? Because I haven't the foggiest...(*rimshot*)
    Just in case anyone else runs into this problem, I ended up deleting the app using the desktop manager, and re-loading it through App World. Deleting it with the desktop manager apparently cleared up the issue with App World.
    08-02-09 09:57 PM
    I have the same problem as a previous poster. I've reinstalled BB Maps, then installed WBE. Everytime I click on the map icon in WBE, it says it needs Blackberry Maps to be installed. I've deleted and reinstalled countless number of times but to no avail. Any ideas on whats causing this and a solution?
    08-03-09 09:42 AM
    I have the same problem as a previous poster. I've reinstalled BB Maps, then installed WBE. Everytime I click on the map icon in WBE, it says it needs Blackberry Maps to be installed. I've deleted and reinstalled countless number of times but to no avail. Any ideas on whats causing this and a solution?
    From home screen click on options icon >> advanced option >> Maps. Make sure bb maps is set as the default. while your in options select applications, then highlight wbe and hit the bb button and select edit default permissions. make sure everything is set to allow. Hope this helps.
    08-03-09 09:50 AM
82 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD